FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laubach down and out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laubach down and out
    Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

MUSA favorite goes down

Ann Mort, MMF's favorite goes down. Guess we're even up 29.....but who's keeping score.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by itsamee itsamee wrote:

Hoping that law goes through banning speed cameras in Ohio....

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by bumper bumper wrote:

They didn’t want to hear what I had to say,” Mort said LOL thanks for the good laugh I having annie!!!LOL well if they keep doing the same old and don't their heads out their azz ooops I mean their downtown and stop the foolish wasting of funds, land grabbing, golf crap and on and on.. they need to start with cuts in the overpaid ding dongs in city hall and other paper pushers in other dept's, keep police and fire as is, with the crime getting way worse than I have ever seen it in Middletown.. im seeing the need of more cops with good tires on the cars and having big guns to protect the 5000 people who voted.. kinda shows what the good folks of Middletown have to deal with... sad!!! gotta pat myself on the back again for moving the heck out years ago!!! Smile

If Mort was in touch with the community, she would have known that we "didn't want to hear what she had to say" from the get-go.....with the exception of her inner sanctum of friends, that is.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Also, be watching for more "revenue enhancers", such as:
Speed cameras

Excessively picky fines for weeds, high grass, pealing paint, etc.

Gotta get the dam speed cameras out of town. Elmwood Place in Cincy was successful with the city returning the fines from the cameras, right? If a judge rendered the cameras unlawful, how is it that we (any city) still have the cameras? How does that work outside Elmwood Place?

Heck yeah, let's re-activate those citations for paint peeling and rusty gutters (let's revisit those old pictures somewhere in these pages) Hot topic at one time. EVERYONE needs to be under the scrutiny of the city inspector......except the city owned properties that is. Anything that will agitate the residents, right?
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 9:05am
Hoping that law goes through banning speed cameras in Ohio....
Itsa me, mario!
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 8:33am
sorry for some misspelling and some letters left out, lol but my good keyboard had the coffee spilled on it, so had to go to wally world and I got a $9.99 LOL keyboard that ya kinda gotta really slam the keysAngry  LOL
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 8:23am
They didn’t want to hear what I had to say,” Mort said LOL thanks for the good laugh I having annie!!!LOL well if they keep doing the same old and don't their heads out their azz ooops I mean their downtown and stop the foolish wasting of funds, land grabbing, golf crap and on and on.. they need to start with cuts in the overpaid ding dongs in city hall and other paper pushers in other dept's, keep police and fire as is, with the crime getting way worse than I have ever seen it in Middletown.. im seeing the need of more cops with good tires on the cars and having big guns to protect the 5000 people who voted.. kinda shows what the good folks of Middletown have to deal with... sad!!! gotta pat myself on the back again for moving the heck out years ago!!! Smile
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 4:51am
I am okay with the Excessively picky fines for weeds, high grass, and peeling paint, if it results in the streets being re-paved, but here's hoping.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 3:08am
Also, be watching for more "revenue enhancers", such as:
Speed cameras
Excessively picky fines for weeds, high grass, pealing paint, etc.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 2:58am
My apologies to Ms. Scott-Jones for the misspelling above.  This site would not allow me to edit the post.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 2:52am
Well...the citizens of Middletown (at least about five or six thousand of them) have spoken.  This was a horrible turnout for an election when:

1. Two of the five members of City Council, and
2.  A school tax levy
were on the ballot!!!

The citizens of this city deserve what they will be getting.

Look for all of the following in the near future :
  • A "street light" tax (it will be called a "fee") to be levied similar to (or added to) your water bill.
  • Increases to water and sewage rates.
  • Increases to the city payroll tax rate.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Justsayin Justsayin wrote:

When are the Mulligan twins up for a vote?
The terms of both Mulligans (and Anita Scott-Johns) will expire on 12-31-2015.  Therefore, should they decide to run again, they will be up for reelection in two years (November of 2015).
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 1:56am

MUSA favorite goes down

Does it really matter who won ? Seems something happens to people these days when they get elected to a public office, nothing will change they will keep handing out as much money as they can to speed along their downtown projects while forgetting the rest of the city. But it will be interesting to watch how they handle the loss of 26 police and firemen.
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:56pm
When are the Mulligan twins up for a vote?
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:51pm
When Dora called Josh to thank him for a good campaign he hung up on her!!! That's a sore closer!!
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:24pm
Aunt Mort gone too.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:22pm

MUSA favorite goes down
Yes, the school tax levy failed.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:16pm
MUSA favorite goes down
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic