FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If You Still Want to Serve........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If You Still Want to Serve........
    Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Neil Barille Neil Barille wrote:

Vet's voting record and opinion on any sort of public sector expenditure speaks for itself.  Anything that doesn't directly benefit his household is an unconscionable waste of money.

Barille, how in the he-- did you arrive at the conclusion that if "anything doesn't directly benefit my household, it is a waste of money?" And how do you know my voting record in detail? Other than the Seniors Levy, which I have stated numerous times, was a yes vote, based solely on the transportation service, and the school levies, which will always be a no vote due to lack of improvement with the money already given to them, and will change when they change things, I doubt that you know any more detail with regard to my voting record.

Public expenditures? Let's see.....any real money spent on the roads or infrastructure lately? Nope. Have the millions spent on the downtown area benefited me (or the MAJORITY of this city)? Not really. Major public sector taxpayer expenditures on the Thatcher estate buildings helped me (or the MAJORITY of this city) in any way? Nope. How about the $325,000 taxpayer money given to Jim Verdin and the PAC people? Benefited me (or the MAJORITY of this city) in any way? Nope. How about the loan to the MMF or the Moorman's. Helped me (or the MAJORITY of this city) in any way? Nope. All of these examples have met the definition of being "unconscionable wastes of money". Not only my household Barille......the other 48,000+ people in this city are outside looking in on personal benefits as well. Less than 3% of this city has benefited from public sector expenditures under the current regime. The theme in this city is to exclude the majority and cater to the friends of city hall. It has been proven time and time again. One needs only look at the arts community comprising less than 3% of this city. They are interested in the arts and the remaining 97% could care less and wouldn't walk across the street to see an arts exhibit. Blue collar people don't sip wine, eat cheese and talk about the arts.

No, I think the public expenditures demonstrated by this city government are a waste of money, regardless if it benefits my household or not. You bring up a non-issue.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Neil Barille Neil Barille wrote:

when Vet starts paying for certain Senior Center levy related expenses "out of pocket", I'll take his suggestions more seriously.

Did the Senior Citizen Levy pass Barille? I believe it did. If so, then no matter how anyone voted, we ALL ARE PAYING OUT OF POCKET aren't we?

If you are referring to a "certain Senior Levy related expense" as being the transportation bus we use to get the wife to appts. I get little envelopes from them and donate cash as I can afford it to help with the transportation costs. This is on top of the portion that I pay through the levy approval. I assume this is what you are talking about. This service is the only involvement for us with the Senior Center. I pay what I can, even though it is not a requirement to use the service. I probably pay more into the thing than you do because of the donation. Perhaps you were not aware of this before you took your little shot. Someday, I may take you more seriously as well.....but maybe not.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:51pm
im betting you, along with every body else that takes the time to cast their vote does it for the very same reason...
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:41pm
Vet's voting record and opinion on any sort of public sector expenditure speaks for itself.  Anything that doesn't directly benefit his household is an unconscionable waste of money.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:35pm
wow!!and here I thought I was the crude one here....I can see alot of bad karma heading your way over that...
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:03pm

when Vet starts paying for certain Senior Center levy related expenses "out of pocket", I'll take his suggestions more seriously.

over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 4:23pm
I just wish our own police dept would investigate the antics going on on the floors just above them. If there is a complaint are they obligated to investigate? Ofcourse Miss Judy would just tell them "nothing going on here" move on.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 4:02pm
Maybe we need to call Brian Thomas on 55KRC to call attention to how bad City government is running here in Middletown. Just like he does with Cincinnati Politics.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

Vet: "Do the right thing and do it all the time" Our group can't do the right thing half the time let alone "all the time" They are so entrenched in their lying and deceiving ways they don't even know the right thing if it's in front of them. JMO

Yep. That's why I'm invitin' the folks in Fairfield leaving council and asking them to move here to run for office. According to this article, we just might get some decent folks to run the affairs of the city.....after cleaning out the deadwood in the city building of course. Need some good old-fashion competency back in this town to fix the town's direction. The way it is now, we "ain't got none".
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 1:21pm
Vet: "Do the right thing and do it all the time" Our group can't do the right thing half the time let alone "all the time" They are so entrenched in their lying and deceiving ways they don't even know the right thing if it's in front of them. JMO
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:40am
Journal story....

Mayor, councilmen say farewell to Fairfield

FAIRFIELD —
Mayor Ron D’Epifanio and three outgoing city council members said farewell to their posts at their final council meeting Monday, thanking the city and congratulating staff for being fiscally prudent, weathering the 2008 recession, and helping the city to grow.

Departing with the mayor are three at-large council members: Tim Abbott, Tim Meyers and Mike Oler, all of whom reached their term limits, taking with them more than 50 years of experience. However, each of them expressed confidence that Fairfield would continue to prosper.

D’Epifanio, known for his joking manner and blunt honesty, said he prided himself on never once using the city-issued credit card, or for taking travel expenses on the taxpayers’ dime, paying for expenses out of his own pocket at all times.

PAYING FOR THINGS OUT OF POCKET? WHAT IS THIS NEW THINKING?

Addressing the incoming council, the mayor said, “You’re not in it for yourself. You do whatever is right for the citizens we’re serving.”

THE MAYOR SAID, "YOU'RE NOT IN IT FOR YOURSELF. YOU DO WHATEVER IS RIGHT FOR THE CITIZENS WE'RE SERVING"

HMMM, WHAT A CONCEPT....SERVING THE CITIZENS. HAVEN'T SEEN THAT IN THIS CITY FOR MANY YEARS. HAVE SEEN THE "IN IT FOR YOURSELF" VERSION THOUGH.

Meyers said he went by the creed “Do the right thing and do it all the time,” adding that he was proudest of helping the city achieve new property maintenance standards and helping make the city “work more like a business than a municipality.”

WOW,, "DO THE RIGHT THING AND DO IT ALL THE TIME". WHAT IS THIS NEW JARGON YOU SPEAK OF MEYERS?

IF ALL OF THIS IS TRUE FROM THESE PEOPLE, IS THERE A CHANCE WE COULD GET THEM ALL TO MOVE TO MIDDLETOWN AND RUN FOR OFFICE, HOPEFULLY REPLACING THE PEOPLE WE HAVE NOW? IS THERE A CITY MANAGER THERE IN FAIRFIELD THAT HAS YOUR SAME THINKING, AND IF SO, COULD THEY BE PERSUADED TO RE-LOCATE HERE?

AGAIN, IF TRUE, WHAT REFRESHING VIEWPOINTS. DUNNO, HAVE TO ASK THE PEOPLE OF FAIRFIELD IF THEY ARE BLOWING SMOKE OR NOT.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic