Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Tuesday, April 23, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye Target in Middletown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 12:24pm
Here are some of the comments from Facebook so far
  • Samantha Hattley Middletown has done nothing but go downhill and is getting worse. Target is probably closing due to the fact they don't sell heroin and meth. Its pathetic and Middletown is a hopeless lost cause.

• Mark David Anderson Poor Milddletown...
  • Jessica Schlabach Don't care never like Target anyway
  • Cindy Terrill Not another empty building come on Middletown.....
  • Angie Comer I don't shop target ne ways but almost every business is moving out ta middletown maybe that's a sign telling ppl to move out ta middletown.. I will be soon.
  • Rebecca Volterman-Breaks That's a shame. However I will probably try to go to the closing sale if they have one and pay cash.
  • Angie Comer Angel Moore I'm fixing to move to I'm not from middletown but younger days had to move with my mom here for her job..
  • Kimberly Keene Graham Wow. I don't shop there but I am a bit shocked to hear this information.
  • Kevin Burton Walmart * will stay on top for a long, long time.
  • Robert Hill Diana Densler GinnFinn I haye walmart and love target so have fun
  • Gregg Coulter Waiting for this worthless Target store in Blue ash to close so we can all say "Told ya so" They forced it down our throats tho we kept 12 acres of woods from getting in the hands of the developers or it would have been a super Target and a Kohl's and a strip Mall.
  • Cindy Stewart That sucks
  • Diana Densler Ginn They should close ALL TARGET, stores!
  • Jim Riseborough 2 out of 8 in dayton area. Not so good.
  • David Cross I suspect it wont be the first.
  • Timothy Noel Hammond Is everything gonna be marked down?

ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 12:08pm

Posted: 11:26 a.m. Friday, Jan. 10, 2014

Target closing in Trotwood, Middletown

By Breaking News Staff

Target will close its stores in Trotwood and Middletown, according to an announcement made today.

Eight U.S. stores will close May 3, including stores in Trotwood and Middletown.

"The decision to close a Target store is not made lightly," said Target spokesperson Stefanie Mohr. "We typically decide to close a store after careful consideration of the long-term financial performance of a particular location. Typically, a store is closed as a result of seeing several years of decreasing profitability."

Employees will be offered an opportunity to transfer to a similar position at a nearby Target, she said. In Middletown, 80 employees will be effected, and in Trotwood, 90.

This story will be updated as additional information becomes available.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic