FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Atrium YMCA Shooting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atrium YMCA Shooting
    Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:52pm
Well my wife any I just joined the Atrium YMCA yesterday. When I went to go use the Y today at around 3:45 PM today, Middletown police had the street blocked off. When I asked the officer if the Y was open, she said it was closed due to a shooting.  I think I might be canceling my membership. 
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:09pm

Hospital locked down after shots reportedly fired nearby

MIDDLETOWN — 

Atrium Medical Center and a nearby YMCA were on lock-down at 3:30 p.m. today after shots were reported in the area. The hospital was reopened at 3:42 p.m., according to dispatchers.

Middletown police officers and Warren County Sheriff deputies are searching the area to see if they can locate anyone shooting.

No injuries have been reported, according to dispatchers.

This story will be update as more information becomes available.

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 5:39pm
Updated: 5:11 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014 | Posted: 3:57 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014

Hospital locked down after shot fired nearby

By Breaking News Staff

MIDDLETOWN —

Police say a man missed his target during shooting practice, causing a hospital and children's center in Middletown to be locked down for about an hour today.

Atrium Medical Center and the nearby Atrium YMCA Children's Center on Innovation Drive were on lock-down at 3:30 p.m. after shots were reported in the area.

Middletown police officers and Warren County Sheriff deputies searched the area for anyone that may have been shooting.

Shortly after the incident, investigators were questioning a man in the 5600 block of Hendrickson Road in Franklin. Police say the man was shooting at some targets with a rifle when he unintentionally missed his mark, sending a shot toward the YMCA building.

No one was injured in the incident and the man was not arrested, according to police. It's unclear if any damage was done to the building.

The hospital was reopened at 3:42 p.m., according to dispatchers.

Bocephus View Drop Down
    MUSA Citizen
    MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 5:44pm
    The urinal news never stated how they know that this shooter missed his target was there a bullet hole some where ? Worst newspaper why are they still in business?
    ktf1179 View Drop Down
    MUSA Citizen
    MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 5:46pm

Hospital locked down after shot fired nearby

MIDDLETOWN — 

Police say a man missed his target during shooting practice, causing a hospital and children's center in Middletown to be locked down for about an hour today.

Atrium Medical Center and the nearby Atrium YMCA Children's Center on Innovation Drive were on lock-down at 3:30 p.m. after shots were reported in the area.

Middletown police officers and Warren County Sheriff deputies searched the area for anyone that may have been shooting.

Shortly after the incident, investigators were questioning a man in the 5600 block of Hendrickson Road in Franklin. Police say the man was shooting at some targets with a rifle when he unintentionally missed his mark, sending a shot toward the YMCA building.

No one was injured in the incident and the man was not arrested, according to police. It's unclear if any damage was done to the building.

The hospital was reopened at 3:42 p.m., according to dispatchers.

ktf1179 View Drop Down
    MUSA Citizen
    MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 5:56pm
    Well at least it wasn't something more sinister, and no one got hurt. It is just slightly disturbing that after joining the Y, there was a shooting nearby.
    Bocephus View Drop Down
    MUSA Citizen
    MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:22am
    I guess that guy needs to make bigger targets or build a bigger back stop or something, my Dad would have tanned my behind if I shot towards people,traffic or buildings. That's what happens when you give these dang hillbillies guns they want to go out in the back yard and shoot them.
    VietVet View Drop Down
    MUSA Council
    MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 6:06am
    Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

I guess that guy needs to make bigger targets or build a bigger back stop or something, my Dad would have tanned my behind if I shot towards people,traffic or buildings. That's what happens when you give these dang hillbillies guns they want to go out in the back yard and shoot them.

THINK I'LL GO OUT AND GET A LITTLE TARGET PRACTICE IN TODAY. KINDA POINT THE WEAPON AT SOME PEOPLE WITH THE SAFETY OFF, YOU KNOW, JUST THE SCARE 'EM A LITTLE. LET'S SEE.....THINK I'LL JUST USE THIS BUILDING AS A BACKSTOP FOR ANY ERRANT ROUNDS THAT STRAY FROM THE TARGET. IT'LL BLOCK ANY ROUNDS FROM GOING OVER TOWARDS THE HOSPITAL. IT'S SUNDAY AND THERE'S PROBABLY NO ONE AROUND THAT WOULD BE IN THE LINE OF FIRE. IT'LL BE ALRIGHT.    OR.....I COULD GO OUT IN THE COUNTRY TO THE SPORTSMAN'S CLUB, THAT IS SET UP FOR SUCH ACTIVITIES, AND FIRE THE WEAPON IN A SAFE MANNER, BUT NAW, HECK WITH THAT IDEA.
    I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic