FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New City Manager Selection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 9:58pm
https://development.ohio.gov/cs/cs_ohptc.htm

25% credit of capital expenses.

BTW....thought several managers in Donham Abbey were in trouble on HUD audit? Appears not ever a wrist ls slap, even a promotion for DA and JG.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:55pm
I presume that City Hall or Downtown Middletown Inc. will be doing the research and the paying for the historic paperwork to be filed for these billings. I believe the cost to file is $1,500 to $1,800 per building.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:48pm
Here is the link for both state and federal tax credit that could apply to these buildings however all research must be completed before they apply....

http://www.cincinnatidevelopmentfund.org/resources/HistoricTaxCreditsComparisonStatevsFederal.pdf
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:37pm
We can only hope Adkins goes to Vandailia but then the thought of Landen stepping in makes me shutter. Somebody call Vandailia and tell them Dougie's perfect for the job so we can get him out of here.LOL why would we hire some one to do the search if we're just going to put a local in the position. Why put out more money we don't have. If we broke up that little covey then maybe there may be less likelyhood of Guilland trying to come back to a position in the city, but the Mulligan brothers are still there.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 7:33pm
I heard the city will be on a head hunt while in South Carolina, for a "southerner" city manager for Donham Abbey. Maybe one from Greenville.

Why would anyone put tens of $ Mm in the downtown area, such as for the Manchester renovation, for a 25% tax credit? For every 10 Mm spent, getting back 2.5 Mm on a tax credit is not appealing. Why not invest in a state which has no state income tax? I just don't see the advantages to a .25 tax credit, and I see this as another Towne Mall type scenario"

That is: chicken or egg, which comes first- capital investment awaiting a credit?

No one will put tens of millions in these buildings. .25 credit is not a motivator nor boosts an ROI.

Insanity again.  

https://development.ohio.gov/cs/cs_ohptc.htm
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 12:29pm
Today's Journal.....

Middletown official finalist for city manager job in Vandalia

MIDDLETOWN — A Middletown city official, thought by some to be a top contender for the city manager job, is a finalist for the same position in Vandalia, just north of Dayton, the Journal-New has learned.
Doug Adkins, the city’s director of community revitalization, is one of three finalists in Vandalia. The others are Debbie Manns, Clayton’s assistant city manager; and Jon Crusey, city manager of Tipp City.
On Wednesday, when contacted by the Journal-News, Adkins declined to comment, only saying he grew up in the Vandalia area so he’s interested in the position.
Adkins said he’s also applying for the city manager’s job in Middletown. City Manager Judy Gilleland announced she’s retiring, effective June 6

GOOD LORD, LET'S HOPE ADKINS GETS THE JOB IN VANDALIA. LET THEM DEAL WITH HIS THINKING. SCARY THOUGHT TO ENVISION HIM AS MIDDLETOWN'S CITY MANAGER AFTER GILLELAND IS THANKFULLY GONE. IF HE GETS THIS POSITION, WE WILL JUST BE TRADING ONE PROBLEM FOR ANOTHER AND WILL HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING BETTER. THIS GUY IS BAD NEWS NO MATTER WHERE HE GOES.......SAME GOES FOR THE REST OF GILLELAND'S CREW. TOO BAD LANDEN, KOHLER AND THE REST OF THE PROBLEM CHILDREN AREN'T CONSIDERING LEAVING ALSO.

GILLELAND IS RETIRING JUNE 6TH. HOPEFULLY SHE WILL LEAVE TOWN AND WE CAN PURGE SOME DEADWOOD. SHE HAS CERTAINLY DONE HER DAMAGE HERE.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:27pm
Well today's paper had an interesting article about what the criteria should be for hiring our next city manager. If that criteria had been in place several years ago we certainly would NEVER have hired Judy Gulliland!!! Do you think city council can get it right this time?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:25pm
I don't see this ending well. Just my opinion. I think see will insist on her input. She will probably have to have the last say like she's done the whole time she's been here. IMO
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 3:23pm
Journal story.....

Search begins for new Middletown city manager

MIDDLETOWN —
The City of Middletown is beginning its search for a new city manager, said Mayor Lawrence Mulligan Jr.

The city is seeking to hire a firm that will assist in the search to replace City Manager Judy Gilleland, who announced she will retire in June 2014.

Mulligan said a selection committee will also be formed and will include “a broad cross section” of residents and city leaders

"THE SELECTION COMMITTEE WILL BE FORMED AND WILL INCLUDE A "BROAD CROSS SECTION" OF RESIDENTS AND CITY LEADERS"

I DON'T RECOLLECT A SITUATION WHERE THERE'S BEEN A "BROAD CROSS SECTION OF RESIDENTS". I KNOW THAT THEY HAVE ASKED FOR COMMUNITY FEEDBACK, BUT DO THEY REALLY SAVOR THAT OR IS IT JUST FOR PASSIFICATION? USUALLY, WE SEE THE SAME FACES SELECTED FOR EACH AND EVERY COMMITTEE, NO MATTER WHAT THE PURPOSE. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THIS ALL BREAKS OUT. WILL THEY ACTUALLY CHANGE IT UP THIS TIME AND LET SOME OUTSIDERS APPLY? MORE IMPORTANTLY, WILL THEY SELECT OUTSIDERS FROM THE APPLICANTS OR TARGET AND ELIMINATE THOSE NOT IN THE LOOP? WILL IT BE BUSINESS AS USUAL, RESULTING IN A CITY MANAGER THAT ONLY A FEW PRE-SELECTED INNER CIRCLE PEOPLE CHOSE? WILL THE NEW CITY MANAGER BE A GILLELAND CLONE? WE SHALL SEE. I'M BETTING THE "REGULAR" PEOPLE GET LEFT OUT....AGAIN. WHY NOT LET THE PEOPLE CHOOSE THE MANAGER THIS TIME AND LEAVE THE CITY LEADERS OUT OF THE EQUATION?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic