FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New City Manager Selection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New City Manager Selection
    Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 3:23pm
Journal story.....

Search begins for new Middletown city manager

MIDDLETOWN —
The City of Middletown is beginning its search for a new city manager, said Mayor Lawrence Mulligan Jr.

The city is seeking to hire a firm that will assist in the search to replace City Manager Judy Gilleland, who announced she will retire in June 2014.

Mulligan said a selection committee will also be formed and will include “a broad cross section” of residents and city leaders

"THE SELECTION COMMITTEE WILL BE FORMED AND WILL INCLUDE A "BROAD CROSS SECTION" OF RESIDENTS AND CITY LEADERS"

I DON'T RECOLLECT A SITUATION WHERE THERE'S BEEN A "BROAD CROSS SECTION OF RESIDENTS". I KNOW THAT THEY HAVE ASKED FOR COMMUNITY FEEDBACK, BUT DO THEY REALLY SAVOR THAT OR IS IT JUST FOR PASSIFICATION? USUALLY, WE SEE THE SAME FACES SELECTED FOR EACH AND EVERY COMMITTEE, NO MATTER WHAT THE PURPOSE. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THIS ALL BREAKS OUT. WILL THEY ACTUALLY CHANGE IT UP THIS TIME AND LET SOME OUTSIDERS APPLY? MORE IMPORTANTLY, WILL THEY SELECT OUTSIDERS FROM THE APPLICANTS OR TARGET AND ELIMINATE THOSE NOT IN THE LOOP? WILL IT BE BUSINESS AS USUAL, RESULTING IN A CITY MANAGER THAT ONLY A FEW PRE-SELECTED INNER CIRCLE PEOPLE CHOSE? WILL THE NEW CITY MANAGER BE A GILLELAND CLONE? WE SHALL SEE. I'M BETTING THE "REGULAR" PEOPLE GET LEFT OUT....AGAIN. WHY NOT LET THE PEOPLE CHOOSE THE MANAGER THIS TIME AND LEAVE THE CITY LEADERS OUT OF THE EQUATION?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:25pm
I don't see this ending well. Just my opinion. I think see will insist on her input. She will probably have to have the last say like she's done the whole time she's been here. IMO
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:27pm
Well today's paper had an interesting article about what the criteria should be for hiring our next city manager. If that criteria had been in place several years ago we certainly would NEVER have hired Judy Gulliland!!! Do you think city council can get it right this time?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 12:29pm
Today's Journal.....

Middletown official finalist for city manager job in Vandalia

MIDDLETOWN — A Middletown city official, thought by some to be a top contender for the city manager job, is a finalist for the same position in Vandalia, just north of Dayton, the Journal-New has learned.
Doug Adkins, the city’s director of community revitalization, is one of three finalists in Vandalia. The others are Debbie Manns, Clayton’s assistant city manager; and Jon Crusey, city manager of Tipp City.
On Wednesday, when contacted by the Journal-News, Adkins declined to comment, only saying he grew up in the Vandalia area so he’s interested in the position.
Adkins said he’s also applying for the city manager’s job in Middletown. City Manager Judy Gilleland announced she’s retiring, effective June 6

GOOD LORD, LET'S HOPE ADKINS GETS THE JOB IN VANDALIA. LET THEM DEAL WITH HIS THINKING. SCARY THOUGHT TO ENVISION HIM AS MIDDLETOWN'S CITY MANAGER AFTER GILLELAND IS THANKFULLY GONE. IF HE GETS THIS POSITION, WE WILL JUST BE TRADING ONE PROBLEM FOR ANOTHER AND WILL HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING BETTER. THIS GUY IS BAD NEWS NO MATTER WHERE HE GOES.......SAME GOES FOR THE REST OF GILLELAND'S CREW. TOO BAD LANDEN, KOHLER AND THE REST OF THE PROBLEM CHILDREN AREN'T CONSIDERING LEAVING ALSO.

GILLELAND IS RETIRING JUNE 6TH. HOPEFULLY SHE WILL LEAVE TOWN AND WE CAN PURGE SOME DEADWOOD. SHE HAS CERTAINLY DONE HER DAMAGE HERE.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 7:33pm
I heard the city will be on a head hunt while in South Carolina, for a "southerner" city manager for Donham Abbey. Maybe one from Greenville.

Why would anyone put tens of $ Mm in the downtown area, such as for the Manchester renovation, for a 25% tax credit? For every 10 Mm spent, getting back 2.5 Mm on a tax credit is not appealing. Why not invest in a state which has no state income tax? I just don't see the advantages to a .25 tax credit, and I see this as another Towne Mall type scenario"

That is: chicken or egg, which comes first- capital investment awaiting a credit?

No one will put tens of millions in these buildings. .25 credit is not a motivator nor boosts an ROI.

Insanity again.  

https://development.ohio.gov/cs/cs_ohptc.htm
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:37pm
We can only hope Adkins goes to Vandailia but then the thought of Landen stepping in makes me shutter. Somebody call Vandailia and tell them Dougie's perfect for the job so we can get him out of here.LOL why would we hire some one to do the search if we're just going to put a local in the position. Why put out more money we don't have. If we broke up that little covey then maybe there may be less likelyhood of Guilland trying to come back to a position in the city, but the Mulligan brothers are still there.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:48pm
Here is the link for both state and federal tax credit that could apply to these buildings however all research must be completed before they apply....

http://www.cincinnatidevelopmentfund.org/resources/HistoricTaxCreditsComparisonStatevsFederal.pdf
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:55pm
I presume that City Hall or Downtown Middletown Inc. will be doing the research and the paying for the historic paperwork to be filed for these billings. I believe the cost to file is $1,500 to $1,800 per building.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 9:58pm
https://development.ohio.gov/cs/cs_ohptc.htm

25% credit of capital expenses.

BTW....thought several managers in Donham Abbey were in trouble on HUD audit? Appears not ever a wrist ls slap, even a promotion for DA and JG.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:14pm
Promote Dougie. He's beating HUD and is on a roll!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:57pm
I agree Neil. Doug Adkins and Judy Gilleand took on HUD and won!

Doug should be named Middletown city manager; JG gets cm position in Cincinnati. Have to admire their fortitude to bring HUD to their knees. Promotions are in order and deserved.
Iron Man View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:08am
Doug, Judy, Les and City Employees @ Donham Plaza:
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:05am
To the victors go the spoils of war. Congratulations to Doug A and JG. Promotions are in order.

They took on HUD and won.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

To the victors go the spoils of war. Congratulations to Doug A and JG. Promotions are in order.

STILL NOT BUYING THE "THEY TOOK ON HUD AND WON" THEME. STILL IN A WAIT AND SEE MODE. STILL WAITING FOR THE AXE TO FALL ON THEM.

IF THEY MANAGED TO SHED THE CLUSTER CAUSED BY INVITING HUD TO TOWN, IT IS STILL ONLY ONE BATTLE WON IN THE CLUSTER WAR. BASED ON PAST HISTORY, WE ALL COULD STILL NAIL THEM ON THE MANY CLUSTERS THEY HAVE CAUSED TO GET US TO THE PLACE WE ARE AT NOW. IMO, CONGRATULATIONS WILL NEVER BE IN ORDER BASED ON THE DESTRUCTION THEY HAVE CAUSED TO THIS TOWN. THEY HAVE MANAGED TO TAKE US FROM THE MIDDLE CLASS TO THE GHETTO IN SHORT TIME. NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:30am
Both state and municipal officials including council, have immunity from any action, legal or otherwise, unless criminal.

Obviously HUD determined there to be no criminal action or action would have been taken some time ago.

Its been nearly 6 to 7 months....no action taken. A slap at best, don't do that again.

Yawn.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:31am
Acclaro - To the victors go the spoils of war. Congratulations to Doug A and JG. Promotions are in order.

Sorry Acclaro, you will need to provide written proof to me before I believe this story.

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 12:06pm
HUD has done NOTHING in  6 months.

Doug Adkins confident and is submitting applications for city manager positions outside Middletown, and for Middletown.

JG retiring.

Its over, determined their hands "clean."

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 1:07pm

HUD has done NOTHING in  6 months.

Doug Adkins confident and is submitting applications for city manager positions outside Middletown, and for Middletown.

JG retiring.

Its over, determined their hands "clean."

IF TRUE, WHAT A SAD ENDING. WAS HOPING FOR A BETTER, MORE JUST OUTCOME.....IE, CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. WE THE PEOPLE DESERVE A BETTER RESULT THAN THE HUD DECISION OF INNOCENT. WE THE PEOPLE DESERVE BETTER LEADERS. TO SEE GILLELAND AND COMPANY AND WHAT THEY HAVE DONE, AND TO SEE NARY A SCRATCH TO PAY,SEEMS A BIT INCREDIBLE.WITH ALL OF THE MONEY OVER THE YEARS, EARMARKED FOR SPECIFIC USES, AND TOSEE THOSE FUNDS DIVERTED TO SPECIAL INTEREST SITUATIONS, THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOME CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES THAT WARRANT PROSECUTION, BE IT COUNCIL, THE CITY BUILDING OPERATION OR SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS BENEFITTING.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:22am
Today's Journal....

Retiring city manager wins career achievement award

MIDDLETOWN — Middletown’s city manager was honored Thursday night at the Ohio City/County Management Association (OCMA) annual awards.
Judy Gilleland, who is retiring in June after six years with the city and 32 years in city administration, was recognized for her career achievement.
Gilleland called the award “a real honor” because she was recognized by her peers for work in the city management field.
“This award will be cherished,” said Gilleland who thanked Mayor Lawrence P. Mulligan Jr. for nominating her for this “prestigious award.”
Gilleland’s public service career spans three decades and includes service as assistant to the city manager and assistant city manager of Centerville and city manager of Pickerington and Middletown. According to the judges, some of her notable accomplishments in Middletown included establishing an arts, entertainment and educational district to revitalize the downtown and through a collaborative effort of the city, downtown stakeholders and the Verdin Company, a vacant building was renovated and became The Pendleton Art Center.
Building on this effort, Cincinnati State opened its first community college in Butler County in 2012, and now utilizes space in formerly vacant buildings. Gilleland’s efforts also spurred the development of the Greentree Health Science Academy on the campus of Atrium Medical Center and serves as an educational center for medical careers. This partnership of eight entities now serves as a state and national model for community partnerships and received the 2013 OCMA award for Intergovernmental Cooperation and the 2013 ICMA Community Partnership Award.
Another unique partnership encouraged the Middletown City Schools to move its administration offices into the Middletown City Building in 2013, resulting in new revenue for the city and cost savings for the school district, the judges said.
Gilleland, 52, also has received the 2013 Cincinnati ASPA Public Administrator of the Year award and the Award of Excellence 3CMA 2012.
Middletown recently hired a search firm to select Gilleland’s replacement. Mulligan said it will be a national search, with community interviews and council’s input on the management skills needed to “continue our forward momentum.”
During her tenure Gilleland, who earned $127,654 this year, brought “energy and excitement to creative projects that will have a lasting impact” on the city, Mulligan said.

THE ARTICLE LISTED THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF GILLELAND BUT THEY FORGOT TO ACCURATELY MENTION THE IMPACT OF THOSE ACCOMPLISHMENTS. THE END RESULTS OF GILLELAND'S EFFORTS HAVE NOT GROWN INTO THE GOLD MINE THEY ANTICIPATED. CINCI STATE, THE PENDLETON, THE USE OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS TO PURCHASE BUILDINGS WITH NO PURPOSE AND THE GENERAL THEME OF THE ARTS HAS NOT BROUGHT ANY IMPACT TO THEIR PRECIOUS DOWNTOWN AREA THAT THEY HAD PROMISED. INDEED, IF GILLELAND WON BASED ON HER ACCOMPLISHMENTS , THE REST OF THE FIELD MUST HAVE BEEN FAIRLY WEAK. THE BAR HAS BEEN LOWERED IN THIS CONTEST. THE WOMAN WAS NOT WORTH THE $127 THOU THE CITY PAID HER. WOULD BE INTERESTING TO HEAR FROM THE CENTERVILLE AND PICKERINGTON PEOPLE AS TO THE JOB SHE DID FOR THEM. THINK THEY WERE HAPPY WITH HER PERFORMANCE?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 10:17am
let it go
let the lady go out on the positive, and then we move on
hopefully some of these doings will work out better long-term

maybe the mayor can be honored and move on also

things should improve as the weather breaks and summer approaches
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 10:25am
This article reminded me of a discussion I had a few years ago with a Butler Cty assistant prosecutor, whom is still a assistant prosecutor in Butler Cty about a white crime incident involving forgery with a fairly seasoned and well known bank executive in the county.

Upon meeting the assistant prosecutor, he examined the evidence and clearly could take note, indeed, the document had been tampered and was a clear forgery, as the banker had simply scanned a document, created a new contract with a new year, and copied the previous signature years old into the new agreement. It was crystal clear.

During our meeting the assistant prosecutor relayed a story about how the system works in cases like this. He told me about previous prosecutor Holcomb, and how the county really only gets interested in crime matters on the physical basis. That is, in his words, "blood gets re-election wins and votes," not so much these white crimes. I clearly got his message.

This article is exactly the same. There of course were no achievements under Ms. Gilleand. If you could breath, you could win this award. In my opinion, I'd be embarrassed to win it.

A quick review"

1) Cincinnati State- gave away buildings to bring in a school losing money and offering 2 year degrees. Wow.

2) Greentree partnerships- Atrium partners with local institutions that may hire LPN's, RN's, etc from that school. Surreal, innovative, out of box thinking. Right.

3) PAC- City wasted cash to repalce presence of lost at sea Manchester. At taxpayers expense. Astonishing achievement.  I mean, she did get a new dance hall for 50 people to have their gala's right?

4) First regional school in Butler Cty? MUM has been offering as well as MUH for 30-40 years, two year degrees. Hello....is anyone home, is the elevator going to the top?

5) Movement from MCSD central admin bld to Donham- gosh, they left the bld so they could strategize on how to pass senseless levies (be prepared in May- vote no), and it was not a cost benefit at all....but to eliminate sunshine on them both.

Now back to my Holcomb analogy. Its all about dummy down politics. These awards are for dummies to think public servants are actually doing something of benefit. How many jobs were created? How much was tax lowered? Were roads repaired? Was crime reduced?    

These story and the award is really, Politics for Dummies. Isn't it time to measure achievement, and not ignorance?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

let it go
let the lady go out on the positive, and then we move on
hopefully some of these doings will work out better long-term

maybe the mayor can be honored and move on also

things should improve as the weather breaks and summer approaches

Spider, I would like to let it go but just can't get past what the newcomers to town have done to the town. They come into town taking a position of leadership not in tune with the town's character. They don't have a passion for the town nor do they care what happens here. They rip the guts out of the city, beat the hell out of the town's image, anger the surrounding communities, offer the citizens nothing more than non-livable wage jobs, tear down everything in sight, bring in those in society others try to keep out, focus on their little pet projects while the remainder of the town goes down the toilet while not caring about the majority of the people ......and then they leave the destruction behind as they either retire or move on to a new position to do even more damage to an unsuspecting town and it's citizens.

It is hard to watch people like Gilleland, Adkins, Kohler, Landen and others like them, walk away and not have to pay a price for their lack of competency and poor job efforts and either live happily ever after in their retirement or thrive during the remainder of their careers. If I could find an ounce of respect for them, perhaps this evaluation would be more positive. As it is, I would imagine only those in denial would see them in a positive light. No, I don't see any reason to give them credit for what they have done.

The "mayor" should know better. He's one of the long-termers who experienced this town during the same time period some of us did. He should be ashamed of himself for being a part of this cluster. However, in order to feel remorse, one would have to have some moral character and scruples now wouldn't they. The man is too self-centered to have these traits. Like many in this group, he's all about him and what he wants.

Just venting here.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 12:15pm
Vet, let me respectively, recalibrate your thinking on JG, DA, others.

Firstly, Judy Gilleland was hired, as I have stated for years, to follow the wishes of MMF, which is the Mulligans, others that now sit on council, with the exception of ASJ and DB.

So, she has done her job, to the letter.

Her job was to do what MMF wanted, led by the Mulligans.

It was not her idea on C State, or any project, it was the Mayor and MMF team members.

They gave direction, she followed.

The directives came from the young time residents named above, not JG. She took orders. They gave them.

Its the manner Middletown has been run for about 40 years.

They are the conductors; she just played the trumpet.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 5:40pm

Vet, let me respectively, recalibrate your thinking on JG, DA, others.

Firstly, Judy Gilleland was hired, as I have stated for years, to follow the wishes of MMF, which is the Mulligans, others that now sit on council, with the exception of ASJ and DB.

So, she has done her job, to the letter.

Her job was to do what MMF wanted, led by the Mulligans.

It was not her idea on C State, or any project, it was the Mayor and MMF team members.

They gave direction, she followed.

The directives came from the young time residents named above, not JG. She took orders. They gave them.

Its the manner Middletown has been run for about 40 years.

They are the conductors; she just played the trumpet.

Understand acclaro. Just find it incredible that people on the MMF board like Ken Cohen, who I went to school with, have made the decision to direct the town puppets to decimate a city that they once called home. Cohen went through the same times I did. Cohen's very wealth and position came from inheriting the Cohen scrap yard at Grand Ave and University. He has old Mose Cohen to thank for his setup there when he was still a red a-- kid in school. A silver spooner who decided to be a part of the ruination of a town that gave him a free ride to wealth and prosperity. Is this how he rewarded this city.....by stripping it bare, driving it into the ground leaving a useless carcass and a once proud city reduced to a low class ghetto? Is that how you treat your hometown? Larry Mulligan is no better. He grew up in the good times. He owes the city alot for his place on the old totem pole. His family's influence preceded him and he's another silver spooner, given everything and falling into a life of easy times. I would imagine these two people have rarely experienced hard times. They went to school, got a degree, and floated back to Middletown to a pre-made, already set up position of power, notoriety and prestige. Can't respect that. Gotta put in your time. Gotta earn it. Bringing in outsiders to do their dirty work only lessens the respect level. How in the hell can you sell yourself out like Gilleland and the other sheep have done. Gotta look at yourself in the mirror each day. Make the choice...are you a sell-out with no pride in yourself, knowing you are being used by the real people in charge, or do you stand your ground, refuse to play the sell-out game, take the hits in life and pay the price, but see a decent person in that mirror?

Apparently honor, decency and class have gone by the wayside as time has gone by.

The ironic part of this discussion.....the silver spooner's, with their court jester sell-outs, always get ahead while the decent people play second fiddle, don't exist and are taken for granted. Sad.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 9:46pm
Vet, you eloquently captured the absolute, bottom line truth of Middletown. Most cities do operate in such manner, but Middletown does.

MMF is also a puppet organization, doing the bidding for others. In Larry Mulligan's defense, partially anyway, coming from an academic family, he did see some value in Cincinnati State, but more so as an alternative to cheap pawn shops, gold traders, and phone retail stores downtown. The whole setup and reduction of 7 to 5 council people was setup and planned, and the movement around of buildings....all that has been discussed thoroughly on this forum.

The article by Larry and the recognition of her (JG) was just teeing up her 2x/ 3x dip on the next stepping stone. But, Mr. Mulligan also owes the city; his father worked there after a stint at Armco, so he's a little beholden to the state system, and it shows.

I cannot disagree with any of your opinion, in particular on one's own internal perception of themselves. Most of us in private sector carry a much larger measuring stick with us than those in public sector. When the Titantic goes down, its every man, woman, and child for himself. That is what you are witnessing since 2000. Honor, integrity, and moral compass is an afterthought. As you stated.....deeply saddened by this fact, and the effects it has caused those with such a mess behind.      
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic