Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 25, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction of the New City Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 2:23pm
Why don't we do a phone campaign and call our council members and express to them we feel the person for the job would be Ms.Howington because she is by far the most qualified not just a familiar face around the city building.IMO
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 2:41pm
Over the Hill
I think an email campaign might be better since many of them work.
Either way...make your opinion known to the City Council.
Mr. Adkins is NOT qualified for the job of City Manager
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Although not selected, apparently others think he has what it takes to make it to finalist.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/local/middletown-official-finalist-for-city-manager-job-/ndTGk/
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Although not selected, apparently others think he has what it takes to make it to finalist.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/local/middletown-official-finalist-for-city-manager-job-/ndTGk/

SW, YOU ARE SUCH A LOYAL SUPPORTER OF THE INNER SANCTUM OF MIDDLETOWN AREN'T YOU.... KEEPIN' IT COZY. YOUR PALS CAN DO NO WRONG.

AND BY "OTHERS" YOU MEAN THE INNER CIRCLE/ ALL IN THE FAMILY FOLKS, INCLUDING PERHAPS, YOURSELF, WHO FASHION HOLDING ON TO THE CITY CREED OF NEOPOTISM, CITY RUINATION AND REWARDING THOSE UNDERSERVING WHILE ON A MISSION OF EXCLUSION FOR THE OTHER 98% OF THIS CITY. INCREDIBLE DENIAL.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

SW, YOU ARE SUCH A LOYAL SUPPORTER OF THE INNER SANCTUM OF MIDDLETOWN AREN'T YOU.... KEEPIN' IT COZY. YOUR PALS CAN DO NO WRONG.

AND BY "OTHERS" YOU MEAN THE INNER CIRCLE/ ALL IN THE FAMILY FOLKS, INCLUDING PERHAPS, YOURSELF, WHO FASHION HOLDING ON TO THE CITY CREED OF NEOPOTISM, CITY RUINATION AND REWARDING THOSE UNDERSERVING WHILE ON A MISSION OF EXCLUSION FOR THE OTHER 98% OF THIS CITY. INCREDIBLE DENIAL.

You couldn't be more wrong.  Based on the Bank One deal, I don't believe Adkins should be named city manager.  Nor do I think Landen should be either.  That doesn't mean others outside the city don't think he has the qualifications to be city manager. 

All that Vivian and Nelson (in all of his incarnations here) seem to do is post hearsay/gossips/rumors.  Until I see proof of wrong-doing in print, I'll reserve judgement on the HUD matter. 

I am fully in agreement that Howington is the best candidate of the five, from what I can tell based on what has publicly been made available.   Still, I think a more non-traditional candidate/turn-around expert would be a better fit. 
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:14pm
Maybe SW has trouble reading the postings on this forum. The Bank One deal for example: I cannot believe there are people out there that would support Judy, Doug, and Les's illegal handling of this deal. Why would anyone support such a back room deal? The question is why was it SO important to these 3 to get this job done in such a hurry that they were willing to do illegally? I bet we'll never get an answer to that. And SW wonders why people would be opposed to Adkins. Because there are a few of us that prefer honesty and integrity to just being able to tell people what they want to hear. IMO. Yea, in denial!!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:21pm
Vet, your criticism of swOH75 is too harsh and misdirected. It was indicated the position taken was an outsider, and a private sector individual, was desirable. In fact, it was said there was a senior level executive that graduated from Harvard and had deep manufacturing contacts, that was willing to become Economic Director, and did not get a second interview.

I can certainly agree that there is much speculation about HUD and malfeasance, with nothing published nor conclusive report presented to date.

What I find particularly unsettling, is Mr. Kohler doubled these vouchers, stated council approved them, which includes Nancy Nix by the way, and Mr. Adkins and present council, are trying to limit what the city requested , by a city leader, approved by Middletown city council, and the same individuals, now cry foul.

I completely agree with swOH75 on the position, and am distressed how betrayed city council and leaders treated their constituents in the voucher scenario. 

While Middletown has massive problems of its own creation, to brand itself the section 8 capital of Ohio is beyond the pale, and ALL should be outraged, and a group of individuals should be held accountable.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:48pm
Full agreement with Acclaro here, and see SWOhio as a sensible person not totally in love with what goes on around here.
Let's don't attack and act like the Donham aristocrats. We will have a new city manager soon, hopefully followed by many admin changes.
Then we can concentrate on changing our mayor and council. Should be an interesting meeting today.
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:53pm
Acclaro,
Not only should all be outraged, and a group of individuals should be help accountable but we need to support our city leaders in their endeavor to significantly reduce the number of section 8 vouchers in the city. It is a huge mess, caused by our city leaders, but at least they've woken up and are now trying to reduce the vouchers. Unless the city has signed a contract with HUD then screw HUD and their money. Let them complain and take us to court. I don't know of any constitutional law that would give HUD the right to tell a city what to do.

It's not like the city has done a good job spending HUD's money anyway.

The place to hold the city leaders accountable is at the ballot box.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:55pm
Furthermore, no proof of illegal wrong-doing or misappropriation by Marty Koehler has ever been presented here, just bitter feelings by Vivian that he wouldn't give her money for her little cemetery vault project.

Perhaps Marty is guilty of good intentions gone bad with the expansion of section 8/vouchers.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:11pm

You couldn't be more wrong.  Based on the Bank One deal, I don't believe Adkins should be named city manager.  Nor do I think Landen should be either.  That doesn't mean others outside the city don't think he has the qualifications to be city manager.  
SWOH75
Well where was all your outrage several months ago when Mr. Adkins did the very same deal, the same way with the
Masonic Temple that was donated to Art Central? A building owned by City Hall with a value of over $5,000, that was not appraised, nor was it put up for public bid…AS REQUIRED BY LAW. Maybe you need to do your research.

All that Vivian and Nelson (in all of his incarnations here) seem to do is post hearsay/gossips/rumors.  Until I see proof of wrong-doing in print, I'll reserve judgement on the HUD matter.  
HUD has stated that MPHA had missing records and was not in compliance….that means wrong doing has occurred. If you are looking for a transcript of the meetings those are private and we may never know what really happened…only the final outcome of the case. 
If you think I’m sooo wrong…jump on it SW…prove my research wrong…with your own hard facts.

I am fully in agreement that Howington is the best candidate of the five, from what I can tell based on what has publicly been made available.   Still, I think a more non-traditional candidate/turn-around expert would be a better fit. 
At least we agree on something 

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:31pm

Furthermore, no proof of illegal wrong-doing or misappropriation by Marty Koehler has ever been presented here,
SWOH 75
I have never stated on this blog that Marty Kohler did anything illegal…If your going to attach me you better be able to….PROVE IT

just bitter feelings by Vivian that he wouldn't give her money for her little cemetery vault project.
No SW he promised me CDBG grant money for the vault and then lied about it…You need to get your facts straight. And this has nothing to do with his other actions.

Perhaps Marty is guilty of good intentions gone bad with the expansion of section 8/vouchers.
PLEEZEE…Not another city or county in the state of Ohio has every requested this additional number of Section 8 vouchers…PROVE ME WRONG

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:54pm
Hold on, SWO---IMO Marty K has been on the wrong side of many issues for close to 20 years.
He, along with last admin/commissions/councils, is very much to blame. His historic and former downtown area plans haven't produced much, have discouraged many possible businesses, and wasted millions in local taxpayer $$.

And personally, I like the guy. Just disagree with the direction he prefers for the city.
+ I ? How he originally spent the grant $$ when he was in charge. Time for a lot if changes around here regardless of who becomes the next city manager.

So--where is Mtown29?
Screen name change?
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:17pm
City staff most responsible for the unwarranted escalation of HUD Housing Choice Vouchers are: Ron Olson (City Manager), Neil Barille (Planning Director and Angela Tucker (Community Development Coordinator). However, Marty Kohler did tell me on several occasions how the expanded Section 8 program was rejuvenating and stabilizing Ward 2. You may be surprised to hear me say this, but, it is the truth. Marty was on staff only when the last Housing Choice Vouchers were requested by the city and approved by HUD. When it comes to other plans and expenditures of CDBG and HOME funds prior to 2007, my sentiments are well known and documented.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:04pm
Perplexed; were any city council members aware the latest request for section 8 vouchers were made, and misled the public by stating they did not authorize them? If so, whom?

Neil Barielle sold his house on Windridge Court for $200,000. to a firm that rents out property. Over the years, it had tenants including one that was a child molester. For the past year, it has sat empty, with grass 3 feet tall, and a swimming pool cracked and filled with stagnant water. It hasn't been rented in nearly a year. So much for poetic justice and prophecy associated with an "economic director."

Laura Williams needs to bring down her dead ash trees before someone has a tree fall on them while driving on Rosedale.  

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:23pm

Perplexed; were any city council members aware the latest request for section 8 vouchers were made, and misled the public by stating they did not authorize them? If so, whom? 
Acclaro
All this information can be obtained by requesting copies of the MPHA meeting minutes for the dates that I have already provided on this blog. I would assume that council members had to vote on all these increases during those meetings if you need proof.

Neil Barielle sold his house on Windridge Court for $200,000. to a firm that rents out property. Over the years, it had tenants including one that was a child molester. For the past year, it has sat empty, with grass 3 feet tall, and a swimming pool cracked and filled with stagnant water. It hasn't been rented in nearly a year. So much for poetic justice and prophecy associated with an "economic director."
Need to call Doug’s office and give address of this home and demand that this property be cleaned up.

Laura Williams needs to bring down her dead ash trees before someone has a tree fall on them while driving on Rosedale.   

Need to call Doug’s office and give address of this home and request that the dead tree be removed.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:34pm

Furthermore, no proof of illegal wrong-doing or misappropriation by Marty Koehler has ever been presented here, just bitter feelings by Vivian that he wouldn't give her money for her little cemetery vault project.

ACCLARO...SPIDERJOHN....STILL THINK SW ISN'T IN DEFENSE OF THE CITY GANG? HERE'S A SHOT A VIVIAN, WHO WANTED NOTHING MORE THAN TO TAKE CARE OF AN AGING CEMETERY WITHOUT INCURRING THE WRATH OF THE CITY LEADERS. SW TAKES THE SIDE OF KOHLER, EVEN WITH HIS TRACK RECORD OF CITY DAMAGE PRESENTED HERE ON THIS FORUM. READ SOME OF THE PAST SW POSTS AND YOU DECIDE HIS SIDE OF THE FENCE HERE.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:38pm
Respectfully.... you said he/she supported Adkins, that was untrue.

Perplexed indicated he knew the vouchers came from Neil and Olson, and not Kohler, and I assume he was in a position as an employee, to know.

I error on the side of facts.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

Hold on, SWO---IMO Marty K has been on the wrong side of many issues for close to 20 years.
He, along with last admin/commissions/councils, is very much to blame. His historic and former downtown area plans haven't produced much, have discouraged many possible businesses, and wasted millions in local taxpayer $$.

And personally, I like the guy. Just disagree with the direction he prefers for the city.
+ I ? How he originally spent the grant $$ when he was in charge. Time for a lot if changes around here regardless of who becomes the next city manager.

So--where is Mtown29?
Screen name change?

STILL WANT TO QUESTION WHICH SIDE OF THE FENCE SW IS ON? SW'S COMMENTS SEEM TO TAKE THE SIDE IN SUPPORT OF THE CITY BUILDING GANG, DON'T THEY?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Respectfully.... you said he/she supported Adkins, that was untrue.

Perplexed indicated he knew the vouchers came from Neil and Olson, and not Kohler, and I assume he was in a position as an employee, to know.

"Respectfully.... you said he/she supported Adkins, that was untrue."

NO, I SAID HE SUPPORTED THE INNER SANCTUM AS A GROUP, NOT CITING ADKINS IN A SINGULAR FASHION. ADKINS JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE FOCAL POINT IN THIS DEBATE. PERHAPS MY POST WAS UNCLEAR AS TO INTENTIONS. IF SO, THAT IS MY FAULT.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:57pm

City staff most responsible for the unwarranted escalation of HUD Housing Choice Vouchers are: Ron Olson (City Manager), Neil Barille (Planning Director and Angela Tucker (Community Development Coordinator). However, Marty Kohler did tell me on several occasions how the expanded Section 8 program was rejuvenating and stabilizing Ward 2. You may be surprised to hear me say this, but, it is the truth. Marty was on staff only when the last Housing Choice Vouchers were requested by the city and approved by HUD.

Thank you Perplexed
I believe this statement brings us full circle in our discussion of the Section 8 Program.

Has the Section 8 Program DEVISTATED the City of
Middletown as Mr. Adkins has stated?

Or has the Section 8 Program rejuvenated and stabilized Ward 1 and Ward 2?

If City Hall had been frugal and used the HUD funds in the areas of greatest need would we even be discussing this program and these areas today?

Or has the Section 8 Program become the whipping post for City Hall because of their failed plans, wasteful spending and lack of leadership over the past 15 years?

When it comes to other plans and expenditures of CDBG and HOME funds prior to 2007, my sentiments are well known and documented.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:16pm

No No Acclaro
I believe the HUD documents that requested the increases in vouchers that I saw were signed by 
Neil Barille, Angela Tucker and Marty Kohler...
Olson may have signed off at the bottom as City Manager
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:04pm
Start by contacting the City Clerk to obtain minutes of City Council meetings from 1999-2005. Therewith you can find pertinent City Council actions on forthcoming HUD applications for additional HCV units. Again, according to your research, most of these actions took place between 1999-2005. Marty Kohler may also have these records.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:07pm
In all matters pertaining to HUD, the City Council is always considered the applicant for the City of Middletown. Thus, it is inconceivable that City Council members from 1999-2005 were unaware of these requests for additional HCV units.
Cooper View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:21pm
Time out.

Lots of folks playing smash mouth on Vivian Moon.

Doug Adkins is the one who declared the city of Middletown to be 54% or more in poverty to spread NSP funds.

He wants the vouchers to be reduced, but the administration to stay in place in Middletown.

A city has 54 % or greater in poverty, and the smash mouth players are chasing Vivian Moon.

So 5 % that make greater than 100,000 annually are in an uproar, Middletown has poverty, and want the vouchers lowered to get rid of the low lives.

Look in the mirror.

You see a reflection. Its a hypocrite.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic