Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 25, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction of the New City Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction of the New City Manager
    Posted: May 17 2014 at 8:15pm
By far....the vastly superior candidate to be city manager.  Welcome aboard Ms. Howington.

Don't blow it council.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 8:45pm
I agree Ms. Howington was by far the most qualified,the most experienced and probably the most articulate. Though, It kills me to say this Adkins did say all the right things council wanted to hear. I find it astounding that council has such short memories from council meetings when Adkins lied to them about HUD and then again about the Bank One deal. As you said DONT BLOW IT,,If they pick Adkins then it is clear that ALL of council needs to GO. IMO
luke View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 9:10pm
Not a chance on Adkins. Please, get real.

Cooper View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 9:18pm
Striking resemblance.

bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 9:33pm
i'll bet ya that they WILL blow-it !!! and pick the lying one!!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 9:34pm
WARNING to City Council

If you choose Dougie I WILL march on City Hall

Cooper View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 10:20pm
Did Les play Norm in Office Space?

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 10:39pm
There is only one candidate whom I am convinced would desire to grow the TAX BASE not the TAX RATE, and that is Ms. Howington in my opinion. 
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 7:58am
Thumbs Up  I second this motion....she is the most qualified of the group
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 12:19pm
Ms. Howington is the top choice to run the ship!! with les and doug running neck to neck in last place! she would need to kick these 2 to the curb along with marty and the rest of non-qualified gang! no need for judy to stick around, Ms. Howington would be the one training her!! so i see no chance of the main street bosses or the MMF's gang letting her come in from the outside running their ship.IMO 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 4:10pm
Won't surprise me, given past decisions, that they choose either Landen or Adkins......

Will surprise me if they make the correct choice in Howington. If so, I hope she will be strong enough to stand up to the inner power circle of influence. Daunting task to take down what has been in place for so long.

I believe they will keep it all in the family and select one of their own. Howington may not fall in line with the city agenda or, as she will have access, discover some hidden agenda items not meant for public scrutiny and stop some of the internal practices currently in place. Hopefully, given time, she may discover what has been revealed on this forum and some city building residents may be fast tracked on the way out. Let's hope so. We shall see.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 4:36pm
you guys are funny. you read something online or in the paper and decide immediately that is the best candidate. I happen to have some friends in Oxford who say Howington is one who doesn't work well with others and alientates anyone who doesn't agree with her. I don't know anything about the other two candidates from outside but they have both been fired or asked to resign elsewhere.

Now, with that being said is she better than Adkins or Landen? Maybe, who knows? But acting like Howington is the greatest choice based on what she said in an interview is comical. Anyone can look good in an interview.
AK - What is going on with that?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 5:21pm
Did any one else think in Doug's speech that he pretty much threw council and especially Judy under the bus. He said he just does what his boss tells him to do. That's Judy!! Oh well since she's leaving I guess he figured he could throw her under the bus. It might be kind of funny if she fired him before he could become city manager.LOL
SEEKING THE TRUTH View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 6:29pm
I believe that with all of the lawsuits being filed on the city and MPHA Doug is makingit clear that Judy is the boss the aadministrator of section 8. This would be a creative out for him he is a attorney and has more at stake than a retiring city manager what I would find funny if the Council fired both of them for loosing the MPHA program to butler county that is what needs to be done.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 6:31pm
Middletown Public Housing Agency Meeting Minutes June 29, 2010 complete the abatement, the unit is in violation of HQS standards until the reduction is complete and no HAP payments will be made until the abatement is complete and passes lead based paint clearance is submitted.  F. HQS INSPECTIONS ‐ consider moving initial HQS inspections away from the Inspection Group and have City of Middletown Building Inspectors complete initial HQS inspections.  Pros       Provides a check and balance on lead based  paint law compliance and property   maintenance code compliance  Cons A property can pass the HQS inspection but fail the Int’l Property Maintenance Code Additional load of about 20 inspections per  month on the City Inspector. Mr. Adkins explained that Tom Huiet, City Inspector is certified to do these types of inspections.  He recommends moving the initial inspections away from The Inspection Group and have City inspectors complete initial HQS inspections.  Ms. Scott Jones wanted a breakdown of how much Mr. Huiet would be paid if these were brought in house.  She voiced concerns of needing both The Inspection Group and City Inspectors and stated we should be able to get rid of one.  She asked for a comparison of everything The Inspection Group currently does and a comparison of what would be taken away.  She would rather have somebody in house if they have the expertise.  Discussion ensued.  Ms. Scott Jones asked to see what The Inspection Group is currently doing, what would bringing it in house take away from them and what Mr. Huiet would be paid.  Recommendation: Move the initial inspections away from The Inspection Group and have City of Middletown Building Inspectors complete initial HQS Inspections.  G. TENANTS – There are currently 111 Section 8 tenants that owe the City water bills.  The current policy calls for termination of assistance for participants who violate the family obligations under the program.  The problem in the past has not been with terminating violators, it has been with finding violators and notifying CONSOC of the violation Pros        Cons Middletown Water Billing Dept. will collect past due Section 8 water bills or tenant will be removed from HCV program. Computer scanning already in place to find criminal/ program violations. Discussion ensued regarding Tenant/Landlord responsibilities for water bills.  
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 6:38pm
Citizens of middletown were mislead to believe that they had to pay a debt or they were going to be terminated off section 8 in Middletown next time Doug do your homework and quit singling out landlords for prosecution on false charges so is there still a MPD section 8 black opps squad or now that section 8 is being given to butler county is the money all gone.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 6:47pm
Before all this is over the Ohio Bar will have a full detailed report on any attorney with knowledge of this malicious abuse of power you can hide behind the city and point fingers all you want come clean boys.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 6:54pm
AKBobby, there is no comparison between the depth of Ms. Howington's experience and education than any candidate of the five. She has a Master's degree from Miami's Public Administration department, as hard as the MBA Farmer program.

The current council in Newport rave about her capabilities, and a council member with 10 years experience stated she was by far, the most qualified city manager in the 10 years, and 3 candidates  he had interviewed.

Additionally, she has the most real time, on the job training and experience, by far, as a city manager.

To suggest either Adkins or Landen are in the same league is misguided and nonsensical. Neither have any city manager experince, Adkins was a prosecutor, and Landen, a city lawyer. To even suggest either are worthy based upon current experience is so completely naive and fool hardy, nothing further needs to be said.

I would be more concerned if any of these suggestions I have read, with nothing coming to fruition, that something amiss came out of the section 8 audit. If Adkins needs a job, council will make him city manager just so he has a job for doing their bidding on reducing section 8. Although the damage to Middletown's reputation has already occurred, and the city is tarnished, even if they had 0 vouchers.

I suspect there are a lot of secrets council doesn't want out, hence, disqualifying Ms. Howington. The other two outsiders just are not adequately experienced. Finally, on Ms. Howington, she also was given an offer within the past month, she rejected. I disagree with your assertion she was not qualified. On the contrary, she is the only one whom is.

If Adkins gets it, it will because of what is stated above.

An awful lot of talk about Adkins and the HUD review, but the fact he is in the final selection seem to demonstrate the city has a different recollection of events than what is stated about it being moved, and the final outcome.  I am starting to feel this is a Shakespeare play called "Much Ado About Nothing", as there is nothing to show section 8 has been moved, nor that Doug Adkins was negatively impacted by the audit.               
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 7:06pm
Meet the new boss.....
Same as the old boss....
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 7:42pm
This city needs a new start with a fresh new manager I would agree bring in the best candidate to do the job that needs done let's get started.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 8:18pm
sj....I agree. The new boss is Adkins, just like the old boss, Gilleland, just like her old boss, Husemann, just like his former peer, Becker. Funny Mr. Mulligan says CHANGE in his state of the union, but there will be the need to have "secrets" protected by changing to a city manager that is hush hush.

This council makes many miss even Schiavone, Williams, and gang.

Ms. Howington deserves better.   

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 8:24pm
Can't have their secrets coming out. Have to keep their back room and hush hush deals quite.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 8:52pm

I would be more concerned if any of these suggestions I have read, with nothing coming to fruition, that something amiss came out of the section 8 audits. If Adkins needs a job, council will make him city manager just so he has a job for doing their bidding on reducing section 8.
HUD vs MPHA is still an on going legal case therefore I can not obtained any records under the Freedom of Information Act until this case is completed.
MPHA has 1662 Section 8 Vouchers…period…Adkins has not reduced anything…he 
simply did not allow another tenant to move in when a unit became available.

When HUD moves all 1662 voucher to Warren and Butler counties they will once again open the voucher program and fill all 1662 vouchers…NOTHING HAS BEEN REDUCED…NOTHING HAS CHANGED…the only thing that will change is where the HUD checks will be sent the first of the month and that will be to Warren and Butler counties. The only other thing that has changed is the balance of the checkbook at City Hall where they had to pay out for all these attorney fees  

Although the damage to
Middletown's reputation has already occurred, and the city is tarnished, even if they had 0 vouchers.

I suspect there are a lot of secrets council doesn't want out, hence, disqualifying Ms. Howington. The other two outsiders just are not adequately experienced. Finally, on Ms. Howington, she also was given an offer within the past month, she rejected. I disagree with your assertion she was not qualified. On the contrary, she is the only one whom is.

If Adkins gets it, it will because of what is stated above. 

An awful lot of talk about Adkins and the HUD review, but the fact he is in the final selection seem to demonstrate the city has a different recollection of events than what is stated about it being moved, and the final outcome.  I am starting to feel this is a Shakespeare play called "Much Ado About Nothing", as there is nothing to show section
8 has been moved, nor that Doug Adkins was negatively impacted by the audit.
HUD will not make a statement, if they even do it then, about what has occurred here in Middletown until this legal case is resolved. HUD does not want to have their name in the paper associated with all this negative press coverage that they have received from Middletown.
However we do know that the contract with Chase Construction, who conducted the inspection of the Section 8 units, has not had their contract renewed.
I would presume the final date of this massive transfer would be on or before
June 30, 2014              

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 9:06pm
OVER THE HILL - Did any one else think in Doug's speech that he pretty much threw council and especially Judy under the bus. He said he just does what his boss tells him to do. That's Judy!! Oh well since she's leaving I guess he figured he could throw her under the bus. It might be kind of funny if she fired him before he could become city manager.LOL

Over the Hill
I don't think when all those DISCRIMANATION LAW SUITS hit City Hall that Mr Adkins can use the defense of “the devil made me do it or Miss Judy demand that I do it”.

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 9:09pm
I am confused. Are you stating the 1662 vouchers will go to Warren and Butler or the ADMINISTRATION?

The city of Middletown makes less than $150,000 yearly on administration.

If you are stating the 1662 vouchers go.....isn't that a win for Adkins and city council?  
If that is the case, then its obvious why Adkins is in the running for city manager, as many wanted the voucher reduction.

From what you are stating, Adkins will be city manager before the HUD change.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic