Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VOTES FOR LEVY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 4:19pm
Acclaro: you state: "...your cavalier attitude and insults associated with "idiot"terminology for disagreeing with you are repugnant, insulting, and dilute any meaningful degree of credibility..." Let's peruse one of YOUR recent posts directed at ME: from May 20---"Moore, you said you were a retiree making less than $35,000 yearly, so I really don't value your opinion frankly, nor your avocation." Seems like quite a number of insults can come flying from YOUR SIDE of the topic (ie, "NO") but don't let anything bad be said by the other side. We've been called Kool-Aid drinkers, delusional, among others. Very typical of this blog. Also, a correction on Walnut Hills: "A new building on Victory Boulevard (now Victory Parkway) was built on 14 acres (57,000 m2) acquired from the Catholic Archdiocese of Cincinnati and completed in 1931. Designed by architect Frederick W. Garber's firm it remains in use today." You can find anything on the internet. just 1chmoore.   

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 4:27pm
Simply a falsehood on the petition per ORC. It is not cumbersome.

It does nothing to alter LFI, as they aren't funded by the state.

The issue was economics and value add, not history.

Taking 1.5 Mm out of local economy for a school and upgrade, is so illogical, when the local economy is bleeding.

Klinger does survey, spin the cash around, and the results will be the same in 10 years.

Too impatient to await a few years to a better match.

Madness.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 4:48pm
Moore, I said many times, I didn't even vote in  the levy cycle May 6. I could have easily rounded up 100 NO votes, but chose to sit this out, just like the previous levy. I give facts, on economics, let the cards fall, and even on the mistruth of $ 40 Mm going away, it wasn't less than .5% separation, without the parties, without the gifts, tee shirts, and misrepresentations throughout the district on the dissent bench.

I don't care if you are retired, 21, played football at Middletown, then earned a full ride and ran a cloud of dust under Woody Hayes. You will find nothing I have stated that has not been factual, unless intended for obvious satire.

On the other hand, Marcia Andrew split hairs on a non ambivalent ordinance, that Landen acknowledged was wrong, and committees have stated mis-truths associated with the funding going away. Not one individual on the school board has acknowledged Middletown's fault in its meltdown, and parses failures as if its a national trend.

10 years from now, the district will be stuck on continuous improvement, with fewer students, and a stagnant property tax valuation.

I have my remedy, a tax appeal. Middletown just threw millions away from the local economy. But the boosters will enjoy the new gym. 

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 6:41am
Originally posted by chmoore1 chmoore1 wrote:

VV: First off, I think that I always replied. Never tried to avoid it. 2nd: You have no idea how I've supported the system through my life. I need not--and will not---go into details. Good catch on the capitalization---since it's a deviance from my norm.   I did it for effect, since I saw the need to "yell"; apparently you don't get it unless I yell. I have nothing against the Senior Center and its levy. I wanted to use that as an example of how we all can't get what we want all the time. Hopefully for the last time, I find value for my contribution (tax money) in having a new building over a 100 year-old, inefficient building that has no option at this point than getting older and more outdated. By the way, the OSFC states that if costs over 2/3rds (66%) to renovate, rather than build new---if they are participating in the construction costs---they recommend new. Without a long discussion about the process to convince the OSFC otherwise, it is extremely difficult to do that. Cincinnati Public has done that with several buildings, but had to pay a lot more for all of the LFIs (locally funded initiatives). Perhaps with the new middle school being built, the board will agree to alternatives to demolition of dear old MHS/Vail/MMS. A qualified buyer was never found for Roosevelt; it didn't work well years ago for Maple Park, Sherman and "old" Amanda. just 1chmoore--still retired, not Smartman or Marcia, and still have an opinion.

Ok, you have addressed the on-going discussion of "do we build new or do we renovate". You got what you wanted there. Now, third (or fourth time, who's counting anymore), the question is asked of you.....

WHY DID YOU VOTE YES ON THE BOND LEVY KNOWING THE LACK OF PERFORMANCE ISSUES OF THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT AND KNOWING THAT THE LAST BOND ISSUE FOR THE ELEMENTARIES HAVE PRODUCED NOTHING IN RETURN?....IE- WHY DID YOU WANT TO REWARD THIS DISTRICT KNOWING THERE HAS BEEN ONLY STAGNATION IN EDUCATING THE KIDS HERE?

IF THE FIRST BOND LEVY PASSAGE PRODUCED NO IMPROVEMENT, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO REPEAT THE FAILURE WITH THIS BOND LEVY? WE ALL ARE GOING TO GET NOTHING FOR OUR MONEY IF THE FIRST LEVY IS ANY INDICATOR OF THINGS TO COME, RIGHT? WHY KEEP HONORING EVERY REQUEST WITH A REWARD GIVEN TO A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T SHOWN ANY PROGRESS? ISN'T THERE ANY ACCOUNTABILITY ATTACHED TO YOUR WALLET?

I'M USING CAPS BECAUSE I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET IT BY THE WAY.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 6:26pm
Well, I take it that the levy yes supporters won't take it upon themselves to indulge us no voters with an explanation as to what they saw that was so appealing, that they would freely give more of their money away while the schools did absolutely nothing to earn the right to get what they requested.....absolutely no accountability is needed, nor was accomplished, on the part of the schools to earn that monetary reward. Most of the time, when an award, a reward or an acknowledgement of success is recognized, there are some positive accomplishments that are mentioned to justify the action. Here, we have a known poor performer being rewarded by a group of yes voting people who can't seem to tell us why they justified the reward. Who would be the spokesperson among the levy supporters that will be willing to tell us the reasons for their yes vote and to defend the school's poor track record? Amazing, voting to approve spending more money but not being able to supply a reason why they want a new building when they know the previous new buildings did nothing toward improvement.

Oh, and as to the condition of Vail being the reason for the teardown and rebuild of the new middle school, the past and current school board need look no further than themselves as the culprit. Apparently there was no money budgeted over the years, despite levy approvals, to address any preventative maint. needed as the school aged. They just simply fixed problems as they arose, many times being too late, as the permanent damage was already done. How convenient, as this tactic provided a reason for the request for new schools.     
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 9:12pm
Vet I do agree with you on most of your points about taxes and holding people responsible. However I had to split with you on this issue mainly due to the fact that the community, does have an obligation to provide a decent place for education, much like we had when we went to school. True we may not of have had A/C and internet when we went to school, but they are a fact of life now. Much like the community also needs to provide support, services and a building to it's senior citizens, which I also voted for. 
The fact of the matter is the middle school has lived a good life, and it could of lasted longer if it was maintained by prior school boards, sadly that did not happen. So we could either let the middle school stay as is, and let things in the school slowly deteriorate and get more expensive trying to maintain, or build a new middle school with help from the state that is more efficient, and is capable of being added to in the future.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 7:31pm
Ok ktf, say we go along with the yes voter game plan and bulldoze Vail and build a brand new middle school by the high school while adding to the high school. Great, you will get what you want.......again.

Picture this scenario:

The new middle school is in place and functioning and the high school is enjoying it's new found additional space. All the latest gimmicks and gadgets including air conditioning and benches to massage the students so they can feel good about their school experience, new gyms for all the sporting activity which pleases Ison because we will have many gyms across the street from MUM as he sees his sports mecca taking traction with mutiple mega events. It is educational utopia for the Middletown city schools and nary a cloud in the sky.

Everyone is happy at the school board. Super Ison is smiling daily, Marcia Andrew is feeling good about things and ch is happier than he has been in years. All the school supporters have their day.

BUT WAIT.....how will all of these yes voters explain that the kids aren't doing any better in this latest version of the Taj Mahal....JUST AS THEY ARE DOING NOW AND HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS IN THE NEW TAJ MAHAL ELEMENTARIES THAT WERE BUILT. ACCOUNTABILITY BE DAMMED! WE ONLY CARE THAT THE KIDS ARE COMFY AND IN A NEW ENVIRONMENT. WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' IMPROVEMENT. DOESN'T SEEM TO BE HIGH ON THE LIST OF IMPORTANCE NOR EVEN MENTIONED AS A CONCERN. NEW SCHOOLS ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT COMES OUT OF 'EM, DON'T CHA KNOW!

IF THAT HAPPENS, and history tells us that it will, WE WILL HAVE BEEN TAXED FOR THESE NEW SCHOOLS, and, once again, will not have gotten jack squat for our money as to any benefit......ALTHOUGH THE KIDS WILL HAVE AIR-CONDITIONING AND BE "ALL COMFY" WHILE THEY PERFORM AT A LOW LEVEL.

DOES ANYONE IN THE YES VOTE CAMP CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEW SCHOOLS AFTER THEY ARE BUILT OR IS EVERYONE SO WRAPPED UP WITH GIDDY DELIGHT THAT WE HAVE A FEW MORE NEW SCHOOLS AND DON'T CARE WHAT THE OUTCOME OF THE EFFORT WAS?

HOW ABOUT THE NEW SCHOOL SUPPORTERS PUT AS MUCH INTEREST IN WHAT HAPPENS INSIDE THE DAM NEW SCHOOLS AS THEY DO IN GETTING THEM BUILT.

chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:26pm
Now that the planning and design of the new middle school will be underway, it would be nice to get the assurance from the board and superintendent that several "treasures" will be incorporated in the new/remodeled buildings. Among these are the statues of Abe and George, and the stone "wisdom sayings" on the exterior of the building (auditorium, gym, etc.). The statues should be easily moved. NO ONE should personally profit from these unique items. No "backroom deals," no "handshake purchases," no "silent"---or even public---auctions of these. On this topic, I am MORE than just 1chmoore.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:29pm
Also, be forewarned: I WILL be bringing this topic up periodically, until the assurances are made. Now, just 1chmoore.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 6:14pm
chmoore
Since Verity School is in the wrong neighborhood and MSB will be needing money why hasn't this property been
placed on the open market and sold?
This is a total waste of taxpayers money to let this school just sit and rot away.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:19pm
The 30-40 individuals I have spoken cannot believe the schools cost more than paving all of Middletown, and the voters made buildings a priority over infrastructure. 'Moving forward' has a new meaning: 'moving to a new city'.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 10:25pm
Ms. Moon: I have no clue. I don't have any affiliation with the schools, other than being a resident. just 1chmoore.
RRiveter View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRiveter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 4:46pm
22 votes!!!!! It's laughable now! Gave a good fight but in the end all of you "Yes voters" will see what you've allowed to happen!!!

MCSD could have received MORE money from the state due to the "poor" tax valuations that our district is in... but since they decided to bully everyone with LIES, look at the end result!

And to top it all off, the VERY DAY BEFORE votes were in the front page story was how we are in the RED!!!

Hello, is this thing on?

You bought yourselves a new Ferrari and won't be able to afford insurance or tires!!!!

So when there's a problem on the bus at 7 am with a 12 year old and a 17 year old, just remember you voted yes for this!

When you drive down Girard and see a HUGE green field that has litter scattered all over it, and possibly a MECCA for crime, drug activity and who else knows, YOUR VOTE REALLY DID COUNT!

Way to go. Way to keep DOWNTOWN BEAUTIFUL! You keep moving things farther away from where the heart of this town is... Get it together.

Hoping one day to find unity. Until then, this place is NOTORIOUS for putting the cart before the horse. When you're at the bottom, the only way to go is up. <---- We'll see.
RRiveter
buckeye43719 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeye43719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 9:10pm
I'm glad I voted against the levy. The only thing people cares about is sports. I have never voted for a school tax levy in Middletown and never will.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:52am
Riveter and company.....

IF history is accurate and the proficiency results, the lack of any significant measureable progress from the recent new schools that have been built and the lack of progress toward the half way point in indicators are to be predicted, I think most all of us will see nothing for our money......again, in the coming years. Has anything that the school district offered, in the last several decades, meant anything other than stagnated mediocrity? Where are the schools in comparison to a decade or two ago? About the same, right? New supers haven't done anything. New schools/new learning environments haven't done anything. New methods adopted haven't opened any eyes, right? More levy money doesn't seem to be the answer as to changing anything. At the bottom two decades ago....at the bottom now with property values, quality and image slowly sinking in the west.

All of us have contributed, either willingly or unwillingly, toward the school effort over the years, and, with the exception of those who would offer numbers that mean nothing in the overall scheme of things, those who would see goodness in any catastrophy and those who are in total denial concerning reality, most of us continually see the same old stagnated pond of water that is the Middletown school district.

Most school board members will vehemently disagree that the house of cards fell long ago. That is expected as they have to play the part of "authority support/PR for the schools". Most teachers and admin will deny any downward trend as it is their livelihood they are trying to protect. And most pro-levy supporters will provide resistance to those who would criticize because they love sponsoring the perennial loser at the track while continually throwing their money down the "it'll get better if you just keep giving us what we want" hole of promises.

These people apparently do not think it necessary that they see any dividends on their investment. As a matter of fact, amazingly, they are quite satisfied, and are willing to give more, if absolutely no progress is made at all.

And now we wait for the flak from the school board members and the school supporters, who will offer the same non-producing, non-changing, non-logical arguments they have been playing on the taxpayer for years. Have their ideas and game plans been successful? Just look at the data and lack of improvement in any area you wish to find the answer to that question.

If these people would only open their eyes and realize it is time to acknowledge the reality that it is a futile effort in it's current state.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic