FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New City Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:13am
FG  says, say positive things about the city.LOLLOL what the hell is there anything positive to say about your stinking middletown?? if i was to say anything positive about middletown it would be a big fat lie!! my place was appraised 8 years ago at 165, i sold it at the best offer of 117, took the hit and loaded up the truck and got out of your stinking middletown!!! the positive in all that is that i got out when i did!! the people that bought my place would be lucky to get 59 grand for it now!!LOL now FG tell us some lies about all the positive things about your stinking middletown!!
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:05am
Fact Guy,
Please clarify your Middletown resident income distribution. If you add all the numbers you get around 50,000, which is the approximate population of Middletown. As Ms. Moon pointed out you neglected to include one of the income segments $35k - xx. Something is off with your numbers.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:59am
NO WAR??????? IN 1969, MY CARCASS WAS IN VIETNAM, A SMALL LITTLE INCIDENT THAT TOOK 11 YEARS TO FIGHT AND COST OVER 58,000 LIVES. NO WAR IN THE 60'S?

BETTER MEMORIES? YOU BET. ALOT BETTER LIVING IN THOSE TIMES THAN WHAT IS ON THE PLATE NOW. HARD TO TAKE MOST OF LIVING NOWADAYS. ACTUALLY NOT LIVING.....MORE LIKE EXISTING UNTIL THE END COMES. SOMETIMES, I WISH IT WAS SOON. BESIDE THE WIFE'S HEALTH ISSUES, THE STATE OF AFFAIRS IN THIS COUNTRY AND THIS CITY, THE SCREWED UP WORKING ENVIRONMENT THE NEW BREED OF MANAGEMENT HAS CREATED NOW, THERE IS NO PLACE TO GO FOR PIECE OF MIND.....NO WHERE TO GO TO "GET HAPPY AGAIN". I'VE ABOUT HAD ENOUGH OF THIS LIFE AND THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE SHOW IN ALL FACETS. NEVER HAVE I SEEN SO MUCH CONCENTRATED INCOMPETENCE IN EVERY LEVEL OF LEADERSHIP. THE TREND NOW IS TO PROMOTE INCOMPETENT FAILURES TO THE TOP. NO WONDER THE WORLD IS SO SCREWED UP.

NICE PHOTO OF THE MIDDLETOWN SHOPPING CENTER IN THE LATE 50's- 60'S.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:42am
Mr. Vet, going back to the 60's must bring back good memories for you. No war, no calculus with Ms. Mulligan, no family health issues. If we all started ranting and raving about gas, maybe OPEC will change it back to .68 cents a gallon, and a house will cost $13,450. new. "BRING BACK 68 CENT GAS NOW!"  

What day is Ms. Moon marching on city hall as Doug Adkins is city manager, and is anyone marching with her. No attorney fees provided, no minutes with vouchers requested. Memories fade, progress and time, changes. Change.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:04am
Factguy:

"Mr. Vet, I was aware of everything, including the telecommunication with Mr. Nein"

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT. IT WAS A PRIVATE CONVERSATION MANY YEARS AGO AND WAS NOT PUBLICIZED. THE ONLY WAY YOU (WHOEVER IN THE HELL YOU ARE) WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS IS IF NEIN TOLD YOU HIMSELF OR IF THE PHONE WAS TAPPED. MERCY.

Factguy:

"Oh, so this is a private club. Only those who want to slander Middletown need to be members"

NO, NOT AT ALL. WE ENCOURAGE DECENTERS TO POST. YEP, WE'RE A "PRIVATE CLUB".... JUST LIKE THE INNER CIRCLE BACK DOOR, PRIVATE, SECRECY AGENDA OF THE ONES YOU SO ADMIRE IN THE CITY BUILDING. WHY IS IT YOUR PALS CAN HAVE A PRIVATE CLUB BUT WE, THE PEOPLE, MUST STAY IN OUR PLACE? TO HELL WITH THAT LOGIC. YOU AND YOUR PAL MIDDIEMOM HAVE A CHOICE. YOU CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY THE ROLE OF AGITATOR AND CITY JESTER. INCURING THE WRATH OF MOST FORUM MEMBERS HERE, OR YOU CAN BOW OUT AND HIT THE DOWNTOWN AREA AND ADMIRE ALL OF THE VACANCIES AND PERHAPS, HAVE A GLASS OF WINE WITH THE ARTZY CROWD THAT OVERFLOWS THE AREA DOWN THERE.

OH, BY THE WAY.....YOUR POST WITH THE LISTING OF LAWYER'S NAMES WITH ALL OF THE PhD, MASTERS AND COLLEGE EDUCATION CREDENTIALS......ALL OF THAT EDUCATION DOESN'T TRUMP STUPIDITY AND A LACK OF COMMON SENSE. WITHOUT THOSE TRAITS, THAT DIPLOMA IS JUST ANOTHER PIECE OF PAPER FOR THE TRASHCAN.

I LIKE TO ARGUE, SO I ENCOURAGE YOU TO STAY.....BOTH OF YOU. I WANT TO SEE JUST HOW FAR YOU BOTH WILL GO MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES. YOUR CHOICE. I REALLY DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

I BELIEVE THOSE WHO HAVE LIVED HERE A VERY LONG TIME HAVE THE RIGHT TO "SLANDER MIDDLETOWN" BECAUSE WE HAVE THE LUXURY OF HAVING LIVED BACK WHEN THE TOWN WAS A DECENT, RESPECTABLE PLACE TO LIVE.....AS OPPOSED TO THE CLUSTER IT IS NOW. WE WANT A BETTER MIDDLETOWN BUT VASTLY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOUR LITTLE BUDDIES ARE CHARTING NOW. WE, AND YOUR LITTLE BUDDIES, AREN'T EVEN ON THE PLANET AS TO THE TOWN VISION.

CAN'T "MAKE IT BETTER". YOUR BUDDIES ARE IN CHARGE NEGATING THE "MAKE IT BETTER" COMMENT. ONLY A LARGE PURGE WILL DO THAT. CHANGE THE PLAYERS AND PERHAPS WE GIVE THE TOWN A CHANCE TO IMPROVE. KEEP THE SAME OLD CANCER IN PLACE WITH THE SAME OLD FAILED IDEAS AND IT WILL NEVER IMPROVE. RIGHT NOW THE CITY IS ON LIFE SUPPORT HEADING TOWARDS TERMINAL.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:58am
One cylinder in an eight cylinder car. The lead off hitter on the nine man roster, trying to get on base to bring in runs. The caddy to the professional golfer, knowing the slope of the green and adrenalin pumping through the eyes, and watching the hands trembling on hole 18, fourth day, with a three footer, with a slight bend to the right, downhill. The one who believes anything is possible, even when down 28 points in the end of the third quarter, and character begins to reveal. Just1 optimistic citizen.  
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:10am
Lol fact guy--- way off on my meeting
Different topic--far more community oriented and constructive--and beyond Council, admin, mmf or the boe
These are good people on musa
You might do better showing them respect, and better understanding their thinking
There is a lot of knowledge and info here, whether you agree with it or not

Mr.A has a chance to make a difference and move us forward
Time for talking has passed
Bring on positive change
So--where do you fit in to any of this?
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:35am
Oh, so this is a private club. Only those who want to slander Middletown need to be members.

Mr. Vet, I was aware of everything, including the telecommunication with Mr. Nein.

Mr. Saunders, spend some money in Middletown, take pride in your property, and help turn Middletown around. Volunteer in the school system as a mentor, get on a city council committee, say positive things about the city. Ther's still many good residents.

Mr. John, it was the CEO of Dollar General, who flew in on a private jet.

Make it better.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:00am
Originally posted by middiemom middiemom wrote:

i'm with fact guy. You people have no idea what you are talking about.Doug will revitalize this town. Give him time. He was bold enough to take on HUD. He will be bold enough to tackle the issues facing this city that he INHERITED.Vet, just because you type in all caps DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT! This isn't the 1960's WAKE UP BUD! Serious people are trying to solve serious problems, Not b*tch anonomously on some web site. You people act as if you are the guardians of the city on this website. You pat yourslves on the back and say "if it weren't for us". Take a look around our city. You've done a stellar job. Don't worry, Doug and his policies will turn our city around. Then you all can pat yourselves on the back and act as if you did something. ALL TALK! NO ACTION. Typical MUSA.

IF YOU DISAGREE WITH WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT, THEN THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO BE HERE IS THERE. YOU AND FACTGUY ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. YOU WILL NEVER CONVINCE US AND WE WILL NEVER SEE YOUR SIDE. POLAR OPPOSITES AS TO TOWN PERCEPTION.

middiemom:

"Serious people are trying to solve serious problems, Not b*tch anonomously on some web site."

OH, YOU MEAN LIKE WHAT YOU ARE DOING? I BELIEVE "MIDDIEMOM" IS ANONYMOUS ALSO, RIGHT?

middiemom:

"This isn't the 1960's WAKE UP BUD!"

THIS TOWN WOULD BE IN A HELL OF A LOT BETTER SHAPE IF IT WERE THE 60'S. AT LEAST WE WOULD NOT HAVE SEEN THE SLUGS LIKE ADKINS AND GILLELAND IN TOWN BACK THEN. THE 60's WERE A MUCH BETTER TIME THAN THE CLUSTER WE LIVE IN NOW. AT LEAST THERE WAS SOME COMPETENCY IN CITY LEADERSHIP THEN AND THE TOWN WASN'T A DAM GHETTO WITH NO JOBS AND HIGH CRIME AND POVERTY.

middiemom:

"You people act as if you are the guardians of the city on this website. You pat yourslves on the back and say "if it weren't for us". "

WE ARE THE COUNTERBALANCE FOR THE CITY. SOMEONE HAS TO RESIST THE CRAP COMING OUT OF CITY HALL. WHAT YOU AND FACTGUY SUPPORT IS RUINING THE CITY. YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ARE DRIVNG THIS CITY INTO A SLUM. YOU MENTIONED "SERIOUS PROBLEMS" IN YOUR COMMENTS. WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK CREATED MOST OF THESE SERIOUS PROBLEMS. THE VERY PEOPLE YOU TWO HOLD AS LIVING GODS.....PEOPLE LIKE ADKINS, KOHLER, GILLELAND, CURRENT COUNCIL AND OTHERS IN THEIR LITTLE GROUP. THEY MADE THE PROBLEMS FOR THE CITY BY THEIR INCOMPETENCE AND DELUSIONAL GAME PLAN. THE VERY PEOPLE YOU SUPPORT ARE THE PROBLEM. THE CITY WASN'T QUITE AS BAD BEFORE THEY SHOWED UP. YOU CAN'T SEE THAT?

middiemom:

"Don't worry, Doug and his policies will turn our city around"

AND AS FOR ADKINS BEING A GOOD CITY MANAGER AND LEADING THIS TOWN OUT OF DESPAIR? IF HIS PAST PERFORMANCE, SECRECY AND LIES IN HIS CURRENT ROLE ARE ANY INDICATOR, WE ARE ALL IN TROUBLE. THERE IS NO INDICATION THIS GUY HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO TURN THIS CITY AROUND. HELL, HE BOTCHED THE REVITALIZATION JOB HE HAD ADDING TO IT, THE ISSUES WITH HUD.

KEEP DRINKING THAT ADKINS KOOL-AID. CAUTION THOUGH. IT JUST MIGHT KILL YOU.

middiemom:

"ALL TALK! NO ACTION"

HEY, THE CITY SLOGAN! YOU REMEMBER. GOOD FOR YOU LADY.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:46am
lol fact guy
you give everyone here too much blame
you give everyone here too much credit
if only these caring souls were that powerful and had that much clout....
none of our city's issues were caused by musa postings
and hopefully you understand that
citizens have every right to be wary of our local govt and admin
it will all be ok--or maybe not

I met with serious people yesterday about seriously good things that could happen here---but you didn't know that?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:19am
Factguy:

"Mr. Vet, you have anger over past elections built up over years. A democrat would never beat a Republican in Butler County. You chose the wrong party. You could have come over like Dixon, and at least made it competitive against Nein."

"Give facts, not conspiracy theories"

OK PAL, YOU WANT FACTS......HERE ARE THE FACTS......

YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT THE ANGER "OVER PAST ELECTIONS BUILT UP OVER THE YEARS". I LET THAT GO MANY YEARS AGO AND REALLY DIDN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

WHILE YOU SEEM TO KNOW SOME INFO CONCERNING MY PAST, YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ACTUALLY TRANSPIRED DURING THAT TIME. I'LL TELL YOU THE FACTS.

I RECEIVED A CALL AT WORK FROM SENATORS BEN ESPY AND BOGGS UP IN COLUMBUS ON CONSECUTIVE DAYS ASKING ME TO RUN AGAINST NEIN. THEY CALLED BASED ON A RECOMMENDATION FROM BETTY MCGARY WHO WAS AT THE BUTLER CTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS AT THE TIME. I TOLD THEM I WAS JUST A WORKING GUY WITH BILLS TO PAY AND DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME NOR MONEY TO MAKE AN EFFORT AGAINST NEIN. THEY TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THAT THAT THEY WOULD SEND A GROUP OF PEOPLE DOWN FROM COLUMBUS TO ASSIST WITH SIGNS, TELEPHONE AND RADIO ADS, ETC. DIDN'T HAPPEN. THEY CALLED SEVERAL DAYS LATER AND ASKED ME IF THEY COULD USE MY NAME ON THE BALLOT AGAINST NEIN. I TOLD THEM I DIDN'T CARE BUT I WAS NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY EFFORT TO CAMPAIGN. NEXT THING I KNEW, MY NAME WAS ON THE TICKER TAPE ON THE TV ON ELECTION NIGHT. YEAH, I LOST 70-30 BUT I DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY MONEY, DIDN'T PUT ANY MONEY IN MYSELF AND HELL, DIDN'T LEAVE THE HOUSE AS I HAD A JOB AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES TO ATTEND TO. NO TIME TO DO WHAT NEIN COULD DO EASILY GIVEN HIS SENATOR'S JOB AND ALL THE MONEY/SUPPORT HE NEEDED FROM THE REPUB PARTY.

NEIN CALLED ME THAT NIGHT AND CONGRATULATED ME FOR RUNNING STATING HE KNEW I DIDN'T HAVE ANY SUPPORT NOR MONEY TO CAMPAIGN. HE SAID HE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY 30% OF THE PEOPLE VOTED AGAINST HIM AND I TOLD HIM IT'S EASY TO UNDERSTAND. 30% OF THE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE YOU. WITH THAT THE CONVERSATION ENDED.

NOW FACTGUY, THAT'S SOME INFO EVEN YOU DIDN'T KNOW.

ANGER AT A POLITICAL LOSS?

NO FACTGUY, I'M MORE ANGRY ABOUT THE STROKE MY WIFE HAD 5 YEARS AGO AND HOW IT HAS DIMINISHED OUR LIVES TO A FRACTION OF WHAT IT USE TO BE MAKING IT A LIVING HELL. GOT A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER AND JUST WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO KNOCK IT OFF. I NO LONGER GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ALOT OF THINGS AS I PERCEIVE MYSELF AS JUST A DEAD MAN WALKING SINCE THAT TIME. DON'T REALLY GIVE A CRAP WHAT I SAY TO PEOPLE ANYMORE EITHER OR WHO I MAKE MAD.

BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT EITHER DID YOU. WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES BUD, BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO LAY YOUR HEAVY SH-- ON ME.

THAT ENOUGH FACTS FOR YOU SLICK?
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:01am

Factguy and Middiemom:

Exactly what do you propose these MiddletownUSA denizens do?

Do you suggest they all pool their life savings and open another up-scale restaurant downtown?  The ones that have tried that so far haven’t lasted a year.  That sounds like a bad business plan to me.

Do you want them to sell their existing homes and move into the new luxury riverfront condos?

They can’t sell their current homes, as there is no market for them.  And there are no luxury riverfront condos, they are figments of someone's overworked imagination.

Should they band together and open another art center with “third Friday” showings?

Nothing sells at the present art centers.  The wannabe high society set merely sits around and consumes the free wine and cheese, and talks about how wonderful downtown is going to be.

Exactly what do you suggest these good folk do?

luke View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:50pm
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:40pm
Folks, with all due respect to everyone, the noise is getting a little out of hand. Some of us have to get up and work tomorrow morning. Could you all turn it down a few dials please. Thank you. While understanding sensitivity, Mein Kampf was a tragedy. I don't equate Don Adkins, a very decent man, and capable attorney, to anyone but another human just trying to do his best. There are many in Middletown trying to turn it around. No one should be stoned for a differing opinion.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:17pm
Doug Adkins crushed his interview, was calm and collect, and gave insightful answers. Everything posted here is nothing more than speculation, threats, and projection of hostility and anger of their own personal troubles onto others to make them feel better.

Middletown did not make Armco cut jobs, its competition did. You could pull up 100 posts from the regulars, and all would say, "hey, there is too much scetion 8." And what does Doug Adkins and the Mulligans get for responding to criticism? He's corrupt, mean, discriminates, took on HUD AND LOST. Where are the minutes showing city council authorized the vouchers. Where is the financial statement money was spent by the city on legal fees. You people are crucifying the city and people for sport, when EVERYONE SHOULD be stepping up and making MIDDLETOWN a better place.

I was overtaken there for a moment of Viet Vet rage. Don't ever get near this guy in a car. RAGE!
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:10pm
If our" Salvation" is Dougie when will he sign his contract or does he think he can hold out for ever until he gets his 10 year contract and his big salary? Does council see the "monster" they have already created. Doug's ego knows no boundaries. What makes him think he deserves a salary higher than Judy's. He needs to prove himself first. Show us what you can do Dougie then maybe you can be compensated. I don't think he's going to be here as long as he thinks. IMO
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:10pm

You can't handle the facts. Or if given, you'd just deny them.

5789 residents in Middletown have incomes above 250,000.

6393 residents in Middletown have incomes above 200,000.

11819 residents in Middletown have incomes above 130,000
1129 residents in Middletown have incomes above 350,000
276 residents in Middletown have incomes above 500,000
Nearly 25,000 residents make less than 35,000
Factguy
Once again you are dumb as a box of rocks…with more incorrect facts
Where are all those hard working people that make between $35,000 to $130,000?
Gosh they don’t even count in your new world order
Yes sir if you could just get rid of that pesky 25,000 OF THOSE PEOPLE of the population you could have a gated community and every thing would be just duckie.
BTW…Did you know even Hitler had to get committee approval to get rid of THOSE PEOPLE?

You are still tap dancing I see....The question was where did the vouchers come from then?

Change is coming, and that is a fact.

middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:04pm
i'm with fact guy. You people have no idea what you are talking about.Doug will revitalize this town. Give him time. He was bold enough to take on HUD. He will be bold enough to tackle the issues facing this city that he INHERITED.Vet, just because you type in all caps DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT! This isn't the 1960's WAKE UP BUD! Serious people are trying to solve serious problems, Not b*tch anonomously on some web site. You people act as if you are the guardians of the city on this website. You pat yourslves on the back and say "if it weren't for us". Take a look around our city. You've done a stellar job. Don't worry, Doug and his policies will turn our city around. Then you all can pat yourselves on the back and act as if you did something. ALL TALK! NO ACTION. Typical MUSA.

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:02pm
lol factguy--so I have creeped in to your head?
obsessed? driven?
but you can't get to me
as Uncle Del Mc says, "You can't burn me--I'm fireproof!"

none of this is about me, or has anything to do with me--check the heading

u r nothing but a troll--don't matter at all
frightened because you know that what you read here is closer to the truth--you can't defend anything because you really have nothing to defend
everything will go on over, under and around you without as much as a speed bump

u can google an old song, but you can't begin to back up your smack
u have already lost any possibility of credibility
it is over for you in less than 24 hours--think about it
tell your mom good night!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:25pm
Mike, its all about regionalization, not Middletown has lost its pizzazz or wow factor.

Of course, you are correct.

But the school levy passed, so Middletown is turning the corner.

I have seen more FOR SALE signs the past wek, than the past six months.

Time to get out, as FactGuy said. When on a sinking ship, bail water, or run for the raft and row like mad.

I am swimming away from the wreckage called Middletown. The businesses left the ship, now its the residents turn, albeit 8-10 years late.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:51pm
imo i'm getting a good laugh from this FG what a jerk!! and having a good LOL that the dimwit that they chose has to move to stinking middletown, that would suck!!Confused COULD NOT PAY ME ENOUGH TO MOVE BACK TO STINKING MIDDLETOWN !!! HOW YOU LIKE THOSE CAPS JACK WAD!!
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:41pm
You can't handle the facts. Or if given, you'd just deny them.

5789 residents in Middletown have incomes above 250,000.
6393 residents in Middletown have incomes above 200,000.
11819 residents in Middletown have incomes above 130,000
1129 residents in Middletown have incomes above 350,000
276 residents in Middletown have incomes above 500,000
Nearly 25,000 residents make less than 35,000

Change is coming, and that is a fact.

Parrot head. Did you know Benjamin Franklin liked to use the name Richard Saunders.

No tolerance, all speculation, and they ask for facts. Weird.

Ballad of Spider John Lyrics

from Living And Dying In 3/4 Time

"Ballad of Spider John" is track #1 on the album Living And Dying In 3/4 Time. It was written by W.a. Ramsey.

spider john is my name friend
I'm in between freights and I sure would be obliged
If you'd share your company
I'm on my way to nowhere been running from my past
running from the things i used to bee
I know this may sound strange to you
But if you wait till the song is sung and the story is told
You might come to understand
Oh, I'm old and bent and devil sent, runnin' out of time
When I long ago held a royal flush in my hand

Chorus:
Oh, I was a supermarket fool
I was a motor bank stool-pidgeon, robbin' my hometown
I thought I lost my blues,
yes I thought I paid my dues
I thought I'd found a life to suit my style
But here I sit old spider john the robber-man
Long, tall, and handsome
Yes, old spider john with a loaded hand, takin' ransom

Then one day I met diamond lill
She was the sweetest thing, I declareThat the summer breeze had ever blown my way
But lilly she had no idea, of my illustrious occupation
She thought I was a saint, not a sinner, gone astray
Spider he loved his lilly so much he could not confess his sins
For he knew if he did lilly would surely take her leave
But you know that the word got around and lilly left town
And he never saw her again
Tossin' and turnin', 'causin' my heart to grieve

Chorus:
Oh, I was a supermarket fool
I was a motor bank stool-pidgeon,
robbin' my hometown
I thought I lost my blues, yes I thought I paid my dues
I thought I'd found a life to suit my style

And I was spider john the robber-man
Long, tall, and handsome
Yes, I was spider john with a loaded hand, takin' ransom

That is all my story
It's been these thirty years since I took to the road
To find my precious jewel one
And if you see my lilly, won't you give her my regards
Tell her ole spider got tangled in the black web that he spun
You can tell her that spider got tangled the black web that he spun

Songwriters
W.A. RAMSEY

Published by
Lyrics © DON WILLIAMS MUSIC GROUP

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:34pm

Perhaps the situation can be best summed up by considering our City’s motto: “Middletown: Bright past, brighter future!”

Middletown’s “bright past” now exists only in the fading memories of its senior citizens and in the black-and-white photos in the dusty archives at Middletown…oops, Mid-Pointe…Library.  It is known to younger residents only through fondly told tales by their elders at family gatherings.  

Middletown’s “bright future” is nothing more than a scam foisted upon the ignorant by City Hall, with absolutely no basis in fact…simply “labored nothings in so strange a style, which amaze the unlearned, but make the learned smile”.

Speaking of the library, please recall how “MIDDLETOWN” Library joined forces with their cohorts at City Hall and the School Board to pass a library levy upon the citizens of Middletown…then promptly dropped “Middletown” from their name (in favor of “Mid-Pointe”) and began using the funds from the levy to expand into Monroe, Trenton, and West Chester—places where the schools actually teach all their children to read!!!  Once they passed their tax on the people of Middletown, they didn't even want to be associated with the name “Middletown”.  (How telling is that, F-guy???  Why don’t you rail against them???)

Middletown Library becomes Mid-Pointe Library, dropping the Middletown name.

Middletown Hospital becomes Atrium Medical Center, dropping the Middletown name.

AK moves their corporate headquarters from Middletown to West Chester.

Our once strong paper companies, with flagship plants here, invest instead in their other plant sites and close or downsize their Middletown operations.

All around us new medical and high tech facilities spring up, but Middletown’s highly touted “medical and high-tech campus” is avoided.

Entire new I-75 interchanges are constructed and developed to the north and south of us, yet investment at our interchange is nil.

Prestigious name brand retailers are opening new stores all up and down I-75 just to the north and south of us, and we get only dollar stores.

Dollar-for-dollar, one can get more house for the money in Middletown than anywhere else for miles around, yet quality homes at bargain prices sit unsold for years, while buyers pay 30-50% more for comparable homes just a few miles away, and only the poor look for homes to rent in Middletown.

Does anyone see the pattern here…and does it actually look like a “brighter future”???

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:17pm
you have no facts, factguy, despite all of your rhetoric
never been to Boca Raton--don't even know where it is
Partied with Plant--cool guy
no tokes though--get your facts straight
no booze or drugs for spiderjohn
been there--done it--very old news

now on to the S Main paving details.....
I am ok with Doug A as long as he is not spinning or being a puppet
but no serious man crush like you seem to have

since you have little substance, why the screen name?
lol
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:16pm
I'm sorry ,the song "maniac" keeps going threw my head and I can't stop it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic