FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New City Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
luke View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:50pm
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:01am

Factguy and Middiemom:

Exactly what do you propose these MiddletownUSA denizens do?

Do you suggest they all pool their life savings and open another up-scale restaurant downtown?  The ones that have tried that so far haven’t lasted a year.  That sounds like a bad business plan to me.

Do you want them to sell their existing homes and move into the new luxury riverfront condos?

They can’t sell their current homes, as there is no market for them.  And there are no luxury riverfront condos, they are figments of someone's overworked imagination.

Should they band together and open another art center with “third Friday” showings?

Nothing sells at the present art centers.  The wannabe high society set merely sits around and consumes the free wine and cheese, and talks about how wonderful downtown is going to be.

Exactly what do you suggest these good folk do?

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:19am
Factguy:

"Mr. Vet, you have anger over past elections built up over years. A democrat would never beat a Republican in Butler County. You chose the wrong party. You could have come over like Dixon, and at least made it competitive against Nein."

"Give facts, not conspiracy theories"

OK PAL, YOU WANT FACTS......HERE ARE THE FACTS......

YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT THE ANGER "OVER PAST ELECTIONS BUILT UP OVER THE YEARS". I LET THAT GO MANY YEARS AGO AND REALLY DIDN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

WHILE YOU SEEM TO KNOW SOME INFO CONCERNING MY PAST, YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ACTUALLY TRANSPIRED DURING THAT TIME. I'LL TELL YOU THE FACTS.

I RECEIVED A CALL AT WORK FROM SENATORS BEN ESPY AND BOGGS UP IN COLUMBUS ON CONSECUTIVE DAYS ASKING ME TO RUN AGAINST NEIN. THEY CALLED BASED ON A RECOMMENDATION FROM BETTY MCGARY WHO WAS AT THE BUTLER CTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS AT THE TIME. I TOLD THEM I WAS JUST A WORKING GUY WITH BILLS TO PAY AND DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME NOR MONEY TO MAKE AN EFFORT AGAINST NEIN. THEY TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THAT THAT THEY WOULD SEND A GROUP OF PEOPLE DOWN FROM COLUMBUS TO ASSIST WITH SIGNS, TELEPHONE AND RADIO ADS, ETC. DIDN'T HAPPEN. THEY CALLED SEVERAL DAYS LATER AND ASKED ME IF THEY COULD USE MY NAME ON THE BALLOT AGAINST NEIN. I TOLD THEM I DIDN'T CARE BUT I WAS NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY EFFORT TO CAMPAIGN. NEXT THING I KNEW, MY NAME WAS ON THE TICKER TAPE ON THE TV ON ELECTION NIGHT. YEAH, I LOST 70-30 BUT I DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY MONEY, DIDN'T PUT ANY MONEY IN MYSELF AND HELL, DIDN'T LEAVE THE HOUSE AS I HAD A JOB AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES TO ATTEND TO. NO TIME TO DO WHAT NEIN COULD DO EASILY GIVEN HIS SENATOR'S JOB AND ALL THE MONEY/SUPPORT HE NEEDED FROM THE REPUB PARTY.

NEIN CALLED ME THAT NIGHT AND CONGRATULATED ME FOR RUNNING STATING HE KNEW I DIDN'T HAVE ANY SUPPORT NOR MONEY TO CAMPAIGN. HE SAID HE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY 30% OF THE PEOPLE VOTED AGAINST HIM AND I TOLD HIM IT'S EASY TO UNDERSTAND. 30% OF THE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE YOU. WITH THAT THE CONVERSATION ENDED.

NOW FACTGUY, THAT'S SOME INFO EVEN YOU DIDN'T KNOW.

ANGER AT A POLITICAL LOSS?

NO FACTGUY, I'M MORE ANGRY ABOUT THE STROKE MY WIFE HAD 5 YEARS AGO AND HOW IT HAS DIMINISHED OUR LIVES TO A FRACTION OF WHAT IT USE TO BE MAKING IT A LIVING HELL. GOT A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER AND JUST WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO KNOCK IT OFF. I NO LONGER GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ALOT OF THINGS AS I PERCEIVE MYSELF AS JUST A DEAD MAN WALKING SINCE THAT TIME. DON'T REALLY GIVE A CRAP WHAT I SAY TO PEOPLE ANYMORE EITHER OR WHO I MAKE MAD.

BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT EITHER DID YOU. WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES BUD, BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO LAY YOUR HEAVY SH-- ON ME.

THAT ENOUGH FACTS FOR YOU SLICK?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:46am
lol fact guy
you give everyone here too much blame
you give everyone here too much credit
if only these caring souls were that powerful and had that much clout....
none of our city's issues were caused by musa postings
and hopefully you understand that
citizens have every right to be wary of our local govt and admin
it will all be ok--or maybe not

I met with serious people yesterday about seriously good things that could happen here---but you didn't know that?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:00am
Originally posted by middiemom middiemom wrote:

i'm with fact guy. You people have no idea what you are talking about.Doug will revitalize this town. Give him time. He was bold enough to take on HUD. He will be bold enough to tackle the issues facing this city that he INHERITED.Vet, just because you type in all caps DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT! This isn't the 1960's WAKE UP BUD! Serious people are trying to solve serious problems, Not b*tch anonomously on some web site. You people act as if you are the guardians of the city on this website. You pat yourslves on the back and say "if it weren't for us". Take a look around our city. You've done a stellar job. Don't worry, Doug and his policies will turn our city around. Then you all can pat yourselves on the back and act as if you did something. ALL TALK! NO ACTION. Typical MUSA.

IF YOU DISAGREE WITH WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT, THEN THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO BE HERE IS THERE. YOU AND FACTGUY ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. YOU WILL NEVER CONVINCE US AND WE WILL NEVER SEE YOUR SIDE. POLAR OPPOSITES AS TO TOWN PERCEPTION.

middiemom:

"Serious people are trying to solve serious problems, Not b*tch anonomously on some web site."

OH, YOU MEAN LIKE WHAT YOU ARE DOING? I BELIEVE "MIDDIEMOM" IS ANONYMOUS ALSO, RIGHT?

middiemom:

"This isn't the 1960's WAKE UP BUD!"

THIS TOWN WOULD BE IN A HELL OF A LOT BETTER SHAPE IF IT WERE THE 60'S. AT LEAST WE WOULD NOT HAVE SEEN THE SLUGS LIKE ADKINS AND GILLELAND IN TOWN BACK THEN. THE 60's WERE A MUCH BETTER TIME THAN THE CLUSTER WE LIVE IN NOW. AT LEAST THERE WAS SOME COMPETENCY IN CITY LEADERSHIP THEN AND THE TOWN WASN'T A DAM GHETTO WITH NO JOBS AND HIGH CRIME AND POVERTY.

middiemom:

"You people act as if you are the guardians of the city on this website. You pat yourslves on the back and say "if it weren't for us". "

WE ARE THE COUNTERBALANCE FOR THE CITY. SOMEONE HAS TO RESIST THE CRAP COMING OUT OF CITY HALL. WHAT YOU AND FACTGUY SUPPORT IS RUINING THE CITY. YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ARE DRIVNG THIS CITY INTO A SLUM. YOU MENTIONED "SERIOUS PROBLEMS" IN YOUR COMMENTS. WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK CREATED MOST OF THESE SERIOUS PROBLEMS. THE VERY PEOPLE YOU TWO HOLD AS LIVING GODS.....PEOPLE LIKE ADKINS, KOHLER, GILLELAND, CURRENT COUNCIL AND OTHERS IN THEIR LITTLE GROUP. THEY MADE THE PROBLEMS FOR THE CITY BY THEIR INCOMPETENCE AND DELUSIONAL GAME PLAN. THE VERY PEOPLE YOU SUPPORT ARE THE PROBLEM. THE CITY WASN'T QUITE AS BAD BEFORE THEY SHOWED UP. YOU CAN'T SEE THAT?

middiemom:

"Don't worry, Doug and his policies will turn our city around"

AND AS FOR ADKINS BEING A GOOD CITY MANAGER AND LEADING THIS TOWN OUT OF DESPAIR? IF HIS PAST PERFORMANCE, SECRECY AND LIES IN HIS CURRENT ROLE ARE ANY INDICATOR, WE ARE ALL IN TROUBLE. THERE IS NO INDICATION THIS GUY HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO TURN THIS CITY AROUND. HELL, HE BOTCHED THE REVITALIZATION JOB HE HAD ADDING TO IT, THE ISSUES WITH HUD.

KEEP DRINKING THAT ADKINS KOOL-AID. CAUTION THOUGH. IT JUST MIGHT KILL YOU.

middiemom:

"ALL TALK! NO ACTION"

HEY, THE CITY SLOGAN! YOU REMEMBER. GOOD FOR YOU LADY.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:35am
Oh, so this is a private club. Only those who want to slander Middletown need to be members.

Mr. Vet, I was aware of everything, including the telecommunication with Mr. Nein.

Mr. Saunders, spend some money in Middletown, take pride in your property, and help turn Middletown around. Volunteer in the school system as a mentor, get on a city council committee, say positive things about the city. Ther's still many good residents.

Mr. John, it was the CEO of Dollar General, who flew in on a private jet.

Make it better.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:10am
Lol fact guy--- way off on my meeting
Different topic--far more community oriented and constructive--and beyond Council, admin, mmf or the boe
These are good people on musa
You might do better showing them respect, and better understanding their thinking
There is a lot of knowledge and info here, whether you agree with it or not

Mr.A has a chance to make a difference and move us forward
Time for talking has passed
Bring on positive change
So--where do you fit in to any of this?
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:58am
One cylinder in an eight cylinder car. The lead off hitter on the nine man roster, trying to get on base to bring in runs. The caddy to the professional golfer, knowing the slope of the green and adrenalin pumping through the eyes, and watching the hands trembling on hole 18, fourth day, with a three footer, with a slight bend to the right, downhill. The one who believes anything is possible, even when down 28 points in the end of the third quarter, and character begins to reveal. Just1 optimistic citizen.  
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:04am
Factguy:

"Mr. Vet, I was aware of everything, including the telecommunication with Mr. Nein"

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT. IT WAS A PRIVATE CONVERSATION MANY YEARS AGO AND WAS NOT PUBLICIZED. THE ONLY WAY YOU (WHOEVER IN THE HELL YOU ARE) WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS IS IF NEIN TOLD YOU HIMSELF OR IF THE PHONE WAS TAPPED. MERCY.

Factguy:

"Oh, so this is a private club. Only those who want to slander Middletown need to be members"

NO, NOT AT ALL. WE ENCOURAGE DECENTERS TO POST. YEP, WE'RE A "PRIVATE CLUB".... JUST LIKE THE INNER CIRCLE BACK DOOR, PRIVATE, SECRECY AGENDA OF THE ONES YOU SO ADMIRE IN THE CITY BUILDING. WHY IS IT YOUR PALS CAN HAVE A PRIVATE CLUB BUT WE, THE PEOPLE, MUST STAY IN OUR PLACE? TO HELL WITH THAT LOGIC. YOU AND YOUR PAL MIDDIEMOM HAVE A CHOICE. YOU CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY THE ROLE OF AGITATOR AND CITY JESTER. INCURING THE WRATH OF MOST FORUM MEMBERS HERE, OR YOU CAN BOW OUT AND HIT THE DOWNTOWN AREA AND ADMIRE ALL OF THE VACANCIES AND PERHAPS, HAVE A GLASS OF WINE WITH THE ARTZY CROWD THAT OVERFLOWS THE AREA DOWN THERE.

OH, BY THE WAY.....YOUR POST WITH THE LISTING OF LAWYER'S NAMES WITH ALL OF THE PhD, MASTERS AND COLLEGE EDUCATION CREDENTIALS......ALL OF THAT EDUCATION DOESN'T TRUMP STUPIDITY AND A LACK OF COMMON SENSE. WITHOUT THOSE TRAITS, THAT DIPLOMA IS JUST ANOTHER PIECE OF PAPER FOR THE TRASHCAN.

I LIKE TO ARGUE, SO I ENCOURAGE YOU TO STAY.....BOTH OF YOU. I WANT TO SEE JUST HOW FAR YOU BOTH WILL GO MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES. YOUR CHOICE. I REALLY DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

I BELIEVE THOSE WHO HAVE LIVED HERE A VERY LONG TIME HAVE THE RIGHT TO "SLANDER MIDDLETOWN" BECAUSE WE HAVE THE LUXURY OF HAVING LIVED BACK WHEN THE TOWN WAS A DECENT, RESPECTABLE PLACE TO LIVE.....AS OPPOSED TO THE CLUSTER IT IS NOW. WE WANT A BETTER MIDDLETOWN BUT VASTLY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOUR LITTLE BUDDIES ARE CHARTING NOW. WE, AND YOUR LITTLE BUDDIES, AREN'T EVEN ON THE PLANET AS TO THE TOWN VISION.

CAN'T "MAKE IT BETTER". YOUR BUDDIES ARE IN CHARGE NEGATING THE "MAKE IT BETTER" COMMENT. ONLY A LARGE PURGE WILL DO THAT. CHANGE THE PLAYERS AND PERHAPS WE GIVE THE TOWN A CHANCE TO IMPROVE. KEEP THE SAME OLD CANCER IN PLACE WITH THE SAME OLD FAILED IDEAS AND IT WILL NEVER IMPROVE. RIGHT NOW THE CITY IS ON LIFE SUPPORT HEADING TOWARDS TERMINAL.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:42am
Mr. Vet, going back to the 60's must bring back good memories for you. No war, no calculus with Ms. Mulligan, no family health issues. If we all started ranting and raving about gas, maybe OPEC will change it back to .68 cents a gallon, and a house will cost $13,450. new. "BRING BACK 68 CENT GAS NOW!"  

What day is Ms. Moon marching on city hall as Doug Adkins is city manager, and is anyone marching with her. No attorney fees provided, no minutes with vouchers requested. Memories fade, progress and time, changes. Change.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:59am
NO WAR??????? IN 1969, MY CARCASS WAS IN VIETNAM, A SMALL LITTLE INCIDENT THAT TOOK 11 YEARS TO FIGHT AND COST OVER 58,000 LIVES. NO WAR IN THE 60'S?

BETTER MEMORIES? YOU BET. ALOT BETTER LIVING IN THOSE TIMES THAN WHAT IS ON THE PLATE NOW. HARD TO TAKE MOST OF LIVING NOWADAYS. ACTUALLY NOT LIVING.....MORE LIKE EXISTING UNTIL THE END COMES. SOMETIMES, I WISH IT WAS SOON. BESIDE THE WIFE'S HEALTH ISSUES, THE STATE OF AFFAIRS IN THIS COUNTRY AND THIS CITY, THE SCREWED UP WORKING ENVIRONMENT THE NEW BREED OF MANAGEMENT HAS CREATED NOW, THERE IS NO PLACE TO GO FOR PIECE OF MIND.....NO WHERE TO GO TO "GET HAPPY AGAIN". I'VE ABOUT HAD ENOUGH OF THIS LIFE AND THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE SHOW IN ALL FACETS. NEVER HAVE I SEEN SO MUCH CONCENTRATED INCOMPETENCE IN EVERY LEVEL OF LEADERSHIP. THE TREND NOW IS TO PROMOTE INCOMPETENT FAILURES TO THE TOP. NO WONDER THE WORLD IS SO SCREWED UP.

NICE PHOTO OF THE MIDDLETOWN SHOPPING CENTER IN THE LATE 50's- 60'S.
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:05am
Fact Guy,
Please clarify your Middletown resident income distribution. If you add all the numbers you get around 50,000, which is the approximate population of Middletown. As Ms. Moon pointed out you neglected to include one of the income segments $35k - xx. Something is off with your numbers.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:13am
FG  says, say positive things about the city.LOLLOL what the hell is there anything positive to say about your stinking middletown?? if i was to say anything positive about middletown it would be a big fat lie!! my place was appraised 8 years ago at 165, i sold it at the best offer of 117, took the hit and loaded up the truck and got out of your stinking middletown!!! the positive in all that is that i got out when i did!! the people that bought my place would be lucky to get 59 grand for it now!!LOL now FG tell us some lies about all the positive things about your stinking middletown!!
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:39am
5789 residents in Middletown have incomes above 250,000.
6393 residents in Middletown have incomes above 200,000.

11819 residents in Middletown have incomes above 130,000
1129 residents in Middletown have incomes above 350,000
276 residents in Middletown have incomes above 500,000
Nearly 25,000 residents make less than 35,000

processor, try again. Its under 24,000 above 35,000, and 25,000 below, exactly the current population. My turn. Why slam the Towne Mall when you support the school? Retain is important, no matter where it is spent inside the city.

Site is irrelevant.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:49am
Seriously, what's the deal on Mr. Adkins and the contract hold-out? City council cannot give him a contract more than three years, not 10, or more. I support him because of all candidates, he would be best in my opinion, to negotiate the labor contracts down. That is a 3 year commitment and progress milestone. Anything greater is to lock him in long-term or words now, with no recourse if he fails. His forte is not in economic development or commerce, just labor negotiation and good-will associated with prosecutor . If he wants more than 3 years, bring back Bill Becker or Husemann.

I still like a private sector candidate, but it won't happen.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:08pm
Why would he think he is deserving of a 10 yr contract? Or an inflated salary to match. An extension at the proper time is a possibility. But until then roll up your sleeves and show us what you've got. Talk is cheap.
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:22pm
Fact guy,
You have not included the $35k - $130k income range. You have above $130 and less than $35.

I wish the Town Mall well. The point I tried to make was that given Middletown can't support a Target, why would an investor spend the $100mm plus on redeveloping the mall especially when there are already, or soon to be, very nice shopping areas close by. Hopefully someone will want to do it, but I doubt it.

Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 1:00pm
processor, of the 11819 above the income level bracket, approximately 5750, are 35,000 to 120,000. Good catch, thanks. The Mall is drifting isn't it. A little too  late.

Middsletown IS NOT dead, there are 25,000 with incomes exceeding 75,000. The dilemma is those below 35,000 are almost if not, homeless, with no income, other than federal supported food cards or EBT.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 1:12pm
In believe that Acclaro would likely be best suited to be Middletown's new CEO (not a city manager type). His broad private sector experience would bring a refreshing new direction to the bureaucracy that is devastating the city. Once again, thank you so much Acclaro for all of your commentary. You have helped to reinvigorate the MUSA blog. Your posts are thought-provoking and relevant to the key issues at hand.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 2:12pm
Perplexed, as processor indicated with his Harvard friend, I wouldn't get a second interview from council. I doubt if I'd make it on a committee; I tend to be a disruptive force, the type Ken Cohen described, but went into a standard mode. I just try to level the playing field.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 3:09pm
Fact Guy,
Your income distribution numbers weight averaged a little over $100k. This seemed very high to me given the trouble Middletown has had supporting and attracting businesses so I found the following data.

http://www.city-data.com/income/income-Middletown-Ohio.html

The charts presented here show the median income of about $35k. It also shows an income distribution significantly different than the one you presented. It shows that about 19% of household have an income $75k or higher. This would be about 9,500 people not 25,000 as you stated. What am I missing?
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 3:40pm
The data was 2009 and a third party. The data shown was city tax. 
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 3:52pm
Fact Guy,
Does the city tax info include corporate income?
Where do you get the city tax info?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 4:59pm
FactGuy; while I agree it is sensible to support Middletown's efforts to attempt to turn the city around, when I look at the segments of income, you may have been using a weight that far exceeds a family. For example, it is unlikely 50% is working, with retirees with pensions, and so forth.  Further; if one extrapolates just the categories, for 300 individuals with incomes exceeding $500,000, that's $ 15 Mm in income. I ran the numbers at the low end, which wouldn't be accurate, as the assumption there are unemployed, children, or at least 50%, not working. Without the benefit of a household number, it is impossible to take the breakdown, and derive an overall cumulative tax contribution. It is obvious this is not inclusive of corporate tax, as tax income would be 1.75%, I don't think the total was even $50 Mm, or 1.75% is only about $ 1 Mm in tax revenue.

I admit to your point: there is a disparity between income earners in the city.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:24pm

Acclaro
Look in the Section 8 Analysis for these numbers, but I think Processor’s numbers are very close

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic