FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New City Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:46pm
Someone should thoroughly evaluate the following data sources for the five-year period from 2009-2014:

1) Greater Middletown Board of REALTORS - residential sales activity including locations, sales prices and times on market;
2) Community Revitalization Department - residential building permits (new construction and rehabilitation) including values and locations;
3) Community Revitalization Department - housing code violations by addresses; and,
4) Community Revitalization Department - residential demolitions including addresses.

A thorough review of the above statistics will tell you all that is needed relative to the success or failure of policies, programs and plans for the Community Revitalization Department from 2009-2014.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:59pm
Middletown has about 30% of its population making over $200,000 per year?  1 out of every 3 in Middletown over $200,000 per year?  Seriously?  You actually believe that so much you repeated it in several posts?

It's very annoying when anyone posting on here makes "real life" jabs at someone.  Some choose to use their real names, others do not.  I would prefer all people be anonymous, makes for more free thought, IMO.  I have no problem with how anyone posts, but like I said, I prefer it to all be anonymous.  What is a bit disturbing is when someone comes on here and tries to "out" screen names.  Sometimes you can tell they're just taking stabs, other times they clearly do know and are being jerks about it.  Anyone who does this type of posting is clearly someone with issues.  To be anonymous yourself and try to out others and bring up their real lives, their personal situations is disturbing.  I say all of this because what has been annoying me is the poster who keeps trash talking real people on this board and then keeps changing their name over and over.  Chmoore, factguy, middiesmom ---  all the same person.  Oh, and "just1".  I mean seriously, if you're going to be a hypocrite at least be smart enough to change your style of writing, your post signature, and especially curb your constant bickering with Vietvet.  I really don't care if this person feels the need to keep posting in different names, but what is twisted is that this person keeps calling out everyone else and accusing others of having multiple screen names and then tries to bring up their personal lives on here to obviously scare them away.  Like I said, I don't care who this person is, but it is a nut job.  So whoever you are, know that.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 11:56pm
Here comes the hall monitor. musa is so irrelevant. Hypocrite is so redudant.

On the property tax issue.  It is NOT the public's interest if the Finkelman family is behind on the tax bill.  That is insane to think it is your business.  Everyone picks on the Finkelman family all the time over the condition of this property.  Look at it this way, had Harry Finkelman not kept the property the way he did, it most likely would have long been gone.  Nobody even wants it now.  All the people that keep bringing up the very tiny tax amount owed can't afford the property anyways.. So what is your point?  If someone is late with property taxes they are fined.  If they choose to pay it late and pay the fine why is that any of your business?  Maybe if you minded your own business and had some "business" then maybe you could waste your money on the Sorg Mansion and then demonstrate how unintelligent you are by pouring money down the drain.

All that has been going on since it went up for sale is a bunch of unqualified dreamers have tried to buy it hoping to get FREE money to fix the property.  So these same people whining about a very insignificant property tax amount are the EXACT same people wanting or promoting the idea of using grant money to rehab the property.  For those of you that don't know, grant money comes from our TAXES.  So all you people that post like old lady gossipers about the property taxes are nothing more than HYPOCRITES.

I won't call out any single poster, but to the ones that openly think it is everyone's business...  You sure don't seem to mind the amount of tax dollars funneled into some downtown business that never get repaid.  You sure don't seem to mind some Duke bills paid in certain ways... and that's all I'll say about Duke bills.  If you're going to be a hypocrite, please do it in private.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 1:55am
Rhodes: I'm chmoore---not middiesmom, factguy, or smartman. No other identities. So, buzz off. If I want to spar with VV that's between me and him. Why single me out when I've been called delusional, kool=aid drinker, and without a valued opinion because I'm retired. Factguy: keep up the good work---they must be scared of you because they're trying to run you off, like they do with everyone else with a "positive" viewpoint. Like it or not, Rhodes, this time I AM just 1chmoore.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 7:02am
chmoore1, do you notice when you push them to be open minded, look at the positive, quit bashing and slandering anyone trying to do good things in Middletown, they indicate we are intolerant. How does that work. And, there are no voucher minutes posted, no helpful ideas about improving Middletown, and after slandering every public official, including Marcia Andrew by calling her "that woman", they talk about how mild mannered they are, tolerant of ideas, and have all the solutions to adopt. This site has driven nearly 1000 residents out of the cit because of negativity.
Just1 optimistic citizen.  
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:16am
FG says this site has driven out nearly 1000 residents out of the city,LOLLOLLOL think you need to make that 999!! LOL i moved out because of the crime, drug dealing going on when i would look out, and the stinking schools!!!and the stinking city, both then were tax tax tax, and sucked at everything they did,, and was tired of hitting pot holes everywhere i went, and i'll bet ya that the rest of those 999 people moved out for the very same reason!! so for you to say this site ran off 1000 people because of negativity is just plain stupid!!! and think you can stick your Just1 optimistic citizen up your ying yang, there is nothing optimistic about the city of middletown that i can think of.. im just a happy camper at where im at now!!!Big smile 
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:41pm
Has anybody seen Dougie around town looking for new residential property to buy? I guess he'll need to sign the contract first. I guess he want job security so he can pay for a few more college tuitions. I don't think they asked me in my last job how many kids I have or what my bills were. I think they said here's the job,here's the salary take it or leave it.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:22am
The paper says we can expect council to authorize the contract for the city manager at the next council meeting. Has Doug finally decided to sign the contract? How do you become city manager without signing the contract? Is that like getting the cart before the horse.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 12:04pm
What salary do they pay him? City mangers salary? His salary hasn't been negotiated yet by contract. I think that's the hold up. Do they pay "revitalization" wages? Or does he want both? Haven't heard the the new "revitalization" director being sworn in either. But the citizens are only on a "need to know" basis and we don't need to know.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 12:49pm
Naturally, Doug will send his college-bound children to Cincinnati State - Middletown?
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 12:53pm
Will the new Community Revitalization Director have an interesting past work history in the High Risk/Sub-Prime home mortgage industry? No telling how many of THOSE MORTGAGES ultimately ended up in foreclosure?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:11pm
over the hill and perplexed......you know, you guys haven't listened to ch and Factguy at all. They have said repeatedly that we, on this forum, need to be upbeat and positive and need to see only the good things this city and their leaders are offering toward their vision for the city.

Your comments could be construed as trending toward the negative as to Mr. Adkins situation pertaining to the city manager slot, his residency and his choice to send the kids to CS, a fine on-line course college by the way. Please don't expect much after that though.

ch is happy with the bulldozers knocking the old high school down and is excited as he dreams about his new middle school. Ms. Andrew is, no doubt, there to console him if he strays. He hears band music on a continual basis and knows that town prosperity is right around the corner with his new schools. Factguy is pleased with the direction of the city and supports 99 and 44/100ths percent of the city leadership direction and decisions......just a happy twosome, full of giddy delight at life and consuming the Donham/School Board elixir on a continual basis.

Don't burst their colorful bubble for the future by speaking harshly about their heroes running this city and the schools. We need to keep them happy and focused.

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:34pm
Oh, Vet, you're right I should know better than to question the motives of "the powers that be". I temporarily lost my head. I'll fall in line wth the rest of the minions. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic