FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If Only

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If Only
    Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 7:28am
It would appear Coach Krause has, as his goal, a program to take Middletown's football program to successful heights. Judging by the quick success of the football program, he is a great motivator, teacher and is committed to bringing the tradition back. He appears to know how to prepare for success. Contrast that with Middletown's academic program, under the direction of Dr. Price. Languishing in last place in proficiency scores when compared to surrounding schools and accomplishing only 5 of 30 indicators over ten years and counting. The academic program gives us little to cheer about and doesn't generate alot of confidence it will improve in the near future. The football coach has, to date, a successful game plan with goals and is working to improve those goals. The superintendent is sticking to a long time failed gameplan without attempting to change for more positive results and has chosen to substitute making an attempt for positive results by asking you, the taxpayer, for more money through repeated levies. It's time we obtain a "Coach Krause type" for the academic program and dispense with the current "academic coach".
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 10:19am

VieVet,

Well said.

One thought, thought I confess this is not original, but rather a repeat from a city employee: With Middletown being the section 8 capitol of Ohio, and yes they do come from all over the state, it's no wonder the schools struggle.

However since both men work in the same section 8 capitol I would have to say it is intuitively obvious that Krause has a better ability to deal with it than does Price.

So I entirely agree with your analogy.

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 5:58pm

I have to agree with VietVet on this one.

Dr. Price talks the diversity talk, Krause walks the walk.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 9:55pm

Big difference in teaching 60 motivated/semi-motivated youths this:

And teaching 6500 students this:

Problem: Solve 3x2 + x - 2 = 0 for x.

Solution:
Factor.

(3x - 2)(x + 1) = 0

Use the principle of zero products,
            which says, if ab = 0, either
            a, b, or both must be
            equal to zero.

3x - 2 = 0,   x + 1 = 0
            3x = 2    ,   x = -1
            x = (2/3)

x = -1, (2/3)

Don't get me wrong as I too don't agree with much of what Price keeps shoveling to the Citizens of Middletown, but there is a difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic