FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butler County Democrats celebrate the holidays

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butler County Democrats celebrate the holidays
    Posted: Dec 10 2014 at 1:39pm

Hamilton, OH – The Butler County Democratic Party extends a cordial invitation for its annual holiday party.  Join friends and family for a pot-luck open house at party headquarters on Thursday, December 18, from 6-8 PM.  The office is located at 224-226 Park Avenue in Hamilton. 

Attendees are requested to bring a favorite dish to share and an unwrapped toy or food pantry donation to help families in need during the holidays.  Contact the BCDP office at 513-896-5201 for further information.   

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2014 at 1:59pm
Bless their hearts, the Dems keep trying to be viable in Butler County don't they. Most who participate in this county are Repubs and a large percentage of potential participants haven't registered and don't care to vote as they have more important things to do like watch Wheel of Fortune or take a nap on election day. Sad to see.

It is also sad to see some of the candidates that the Dems field against the Repubs. Alot of professors from Oxford with ultra-liberal ideas wanting to give away the store in handout programs and unknowns with no chance of winning just to run someone rather than the Repubs running uncontested. Sad too, that the people of Butler County only have two choices....vote Repub on not at all. Repubs aren't the answer either as they don't have our wishes as a priority. Neither party has for a long time.

Having attended a few of these, I have found the problem with these community invites is that, if one would choose to go, and is not a regular within either party's circle, when you get to the door, the stares start to overwhelm you making you feel like turning around and leaving. No one approaches you to do a meet and greet. No one introduces you to people and no one "gets to know you" nor asks for your opinions on any subject. I would suggest, be it Repub or Democrat, that when community invites like this happen, they have a welcoming committee that would make an effort to meet you at the door and make you feel "more at home" in that atmosphere. Might help in attracting new blood to their parties.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2014 at 5:17pm
Maybe they will celebrate the recent announcement that our beloved country is now more than $18 TRILLION in debt?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2014 at 6:20pm
Vet
I just can't believe that our government released that CIA Report while our boys are still fighting on the ground in the Middle East.
If this is the new game plan of Washington then it is past time for us to bring our men home from the Middle East.
Time to march on DC again and end this mess. 
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2014 at 6:29pm
I will bring a dish to share with all the viable Democratic candidates-I can spend the dollar for a twin pack of Hostess Sno Balls...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2014 at 6:23am
[QUOTE=Vivian Moon] <span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">Vet</span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial;">

<span style="-: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">I just
can't believe that our government released that CIA Report while our
boys are still fighting on the ground in the <st1:place w:st="on">Middle East</st1:place>.

If this is the new game plan of <st1:state w:st="on">Washington</st1:state>
then it is past time for us to bring our men home from the <st1:place w:st="on">Middle
East</st1:place>.
Time to march on DC again and end this mess. </span></span>[/QUOTE

IMO Vivian, it is a waste of time being there in the first place. Let's look at some reasons why based on past war excursions.....

The Vietnam War:

Sent advisors in.....just a few mind you around 1964. Escalated the involvement to a full blown war with the north that lasted for 11 years until April, 1975. During that time, we trained the South Vietnamese Air Force pilots, the police and the army to fight with the understanding they would be self-sufficient when we left. Didn't work. When we left and the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong came pouring down from the north, they overwhelmed the inept US trained South Vietnamese to the point where they stripped off their uniforms, put on civilian clothes and filtered back into the population to avoid being detected by the North Vietnamese. The South Vietnamese pilots flew their US given planes and choppers out to sea to land on the carriers off the coast to escape. When the pressure came, they folded.

The Iraqui War:

Sent advisors in....just a few mind you to assess the situation involving Sadam Hussein and his activity. After we did our thing in 1991, we trained the Iraqui army and police to be self-sufficient after we left town. Hasn't worked. Both are weak, inept and are not tough enough to handle the Taliban. The Taliban are smart, fierce fighters and can do some damage with seemingly no resources, similar to the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong. The Taliban are still the threat creating havoc whenever possible. They are like rats that hide when the pressure is on them and filter out in the darkness to kill when left alone. When the Taliban pressure comes, the US trained Iraquis fold.

The Afghanistan War:

See the above descriptions

My point is....how many times are the morons in Washington, running the show, going to try the same old war game plan of repatriate/ train/ leave/ watch the whole show come tumbling down.......AND, the worst thing is.......American lives were lost in this pathetic gameplan concocted by your Washington leaders.

The politicians want to start a fight, let the bas----- send their own sons and daughters or go fight it themselves and stop killing young soldiers for nothing.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2014 at 7:13am
The politicians want to start a fight, let the bas----- send their own sons and daughters or go fight it themselves and stop killing young soldiers for nothing. 

Vet
I'll drink to that plan...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic