FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aeronca 1970's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aeronca 1970's
    Posted: Oct 26 2015 at 3:14am
Middletownscouter-

Thank you. I haven't had any luck finding that name associated with anyone either. Just another name my mother gave as the guy that was my dad.

She said he was from Kansas and was brought in as a replacement worker during the strike.

The guy she claimed was father also told gave me the name Roy when I met him about 2010.   I'm pretty sure they didn't come up with this together, as she didn't know I was looking for the first guy.

middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2015 at 10:03am
I'll ask if any of the guys still around know of him but if he was a scab brought in during a strike I'd almost guarantee they don't.

A quick search on Ancestry's website yield no hits at all for a Roy Centerfield in Middletown.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2015 at 9:26pm
I haven't had a chance to make it to the library. I'm looking for a guy that may have worked at Aeronca in the '70s (at least in 1973) named Roy Centerfield.

Any help would be great

Thank you for asking ...
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2015 at 2:34pm
I talked to one of the guys in the shop here who started in October of 1972. He remembers in the mid-1990's there was a strike where replacement workers were brought in. He said he was pretty sure the same thing happened in the 1970's but couldn't pinpoint a date.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2015 at 8:21am
If I get a chance I'll ask around at the shop today. There's a handful of folks here who were working here around that time.
squeemy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2015 at 11:02pm
rngrmed - did you meet with any success on your inquiry?

a search through the Middletown Journal archives at the library might turn up something. issues going back a century are on microfiche.

rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 1:29am
Does anyone know if Aeronca experienced a strike around 1973? Bring in workers from Kansas/Midwest as replacements?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic