FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bill Beagle running for Boehner's Seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bill Beagle running for Boehner's Seat
    Posted: Sep 30 2015 at 9:15am
Here is my brother's full press release

When I first ran for public office five years ago, Ohio was broken, just like Washington is today. Many of the decisions I’ve made since then have been tough, but those decisions helped to turn a massive budget shortfall into a surplus and turned record job losses into real opportunity for Southwest Ohio.

Since my first day in public office, I have been focused on strengthening our economy and building an economic environment that instills confidence in job creators to locate and grow their businesses here in Ohio. My proven track record of fighting for common sense policies to balance our budget, cut taxes for the middle class, streamline regulations and get government out of the way of the private sector is exactly what we need more of in Washington.

I firmly believe that while government may be complex, simple rules should still apply. These are the same rules that apply to all of us and govern the daily decisions we make as spouses, parents, neighbors and employees: stay true to your conservative principles, live within your means, listen to the people around you, don’t put off difficult decisions and invest in our children's future. I’m running for Congress because I am on a mission and that that mission is to make the tough decisions that need to be made to fix Washington and put America back on the path to prosperity.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2015 at 9:17am

By Laura A. Bischoff

Columbus bureau

COLUMBUS — 

State Sen. Bill Beagle, R-Tipp City, is jumping into what is expected to be a crowded race to replace U.S. Rep. John Boehner in Ohio’s 8th Congressional district.

Beagle announced his candidacy on Tuesday, saying Washington needs to work to solve real problems.

“I’m running because, let’s see, you know governing is about good decisions. Governing is about wisdom and it’s about working together. And I use that in my daily family life, I use that in my daily business life and you know a few years ago I wanted to take that attitude to the General Assembly and now I want to take it to Congress,” Beagle said.

If elected, Beagle said he will work on economic development and job training — issues that have been his focus in the Ohio Senate.Source

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic