FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Steve Bohannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2015 at 12:33pm
Regarding the federal case in Cincinnati, its two landlords charged with crimes, that sued over their personal rights. Its easy to pull up for those accessing PACER. If anyone desires, will post procedural history.

HUD did not do anything to Middletown, than move the program. They also are not helping nor acting as witnesses to the two landlords filing suit.  No one charged, insurance company paid all legal fees. HUD knows one of the landlords involved in the litigation has a tenant lying to Butler Metro about being a relative to an individual on section 8 vouchers when the party is not, and doesn't care, even though its a violation of federal law and a lifetime ban of the voucher. For HUD, the more the merrier on section 8, as with illegal aliens, its a way to get more democratic votes. 

Nelson Self, move on. The city eats people up and keeps many who nod their head and do absolutely nothing productive are protected. They don't care about you, you should not care about them. Reliving the past does no one good, and to alter the city perception of itself won't change the view of those who think Middletown is one of the best cities in the country to reside. Even a mom's house in Missouri and thinking how much crime is destroying St. Louis is better than lamenting on what contributions were made to the city as an employee, when only you really care.  Most know Alice in Wonderland resides at Donham. Insults and talking about fallacies in ward 1 and 2 doesn't help your legacy. If Anita Scott Jones doesn't fight for them or notice a problem, just a suggestion, neither should you. She gets paid to do it, even meagerly as a council person, you don't.     
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2015 at 2:00pm
Factguy, aside from demolishing hundreds of homes and quite a few commercial plus industrial buildings, please tell us just what has been accomplished in the realm of Community Revitalization in the past six years?

For starters, are residential property values in Ward 2 and parts of Ward 1 now stabilized from their past downward trend? Has property rehabilitation and reinvestment occurred there? What do building permits show to document this?

Regarding so-called "Downtown" revitalization, what is the net result of the City's involvement in redevelopment? Many deals have been struck, public funds expended, etc. What are the results?

Relative to the Manchester Inn and Sonshine Building, I recently learned from a frequent contributor to this blog that: 1) the proposed redeveloper (Mr. Grau), never proposed to be much more than a project manager; 2) project funding was purportedly to come from unidentified local sources; and, 3) no concrete construction plans, specifications and costs were provided. How can senior City staff claim to have gone through an exhaustive RFP/Q process without the most basic of information provided by Mr. Grau? Now, he is the owner of these two structures and has no plans to proceed.

What about all of the other "Downtown" projects? There's been much hullabaloo about proposed redevelopment, benefits to the City, etc., etc. What is the result of the litany of "deals" that the City has made with C-State, etc.?

Say what you want about me, I met many nice Middletonians during my four years there. I continue to feel badly for them and others who endure the lack of fully transparent government and multiple missed opportunities to address crucial problems.

Oh, as Neil Barille forgot to mention, Marty Kohler should have been included in the list of personalities involved in much of what I discovered during my time in Middletown.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2015 at 8:34pm
OK Mr.Self--u moved here for a job with city admin, and used your expertise to assist operating housing/revitalization.
Yer thinking did not sit well with the past maneuvering, so the powers cut you out. Yer bad feelings and resentment are understandable. You have posted here many valuable/interesting activities that certainly raise ?s about how our admin has operated. For those efforts we can be thankful.

Hardly anyone here defends what has gone on in the past, and most find it to be very disturbing. However, what has happened is old news, and we can only attempt to right the ship from here on out. Also, there are many other serious situations facing the community. A lot of good people want to change things as quickly and effectively as possible. We can learn from the past, and forge ahead, hoping to make it a little better each day.

No one on musa hired u--no one on musa fired u
u r  free to think and post whatever u want about it, and how youview pretty much anyone. And everyone is free to do the same. I respect yer right, my right and everyone else's right to do same.

Some time eventually u have to move ahead to the next phase. Re-hashing the ugliness helps no one(maybe it helps you). This will all play out, and not very well for the city.

If ripping on me(or anyone else) eases your anger, then go for it. nbd my way--my time here is winding up, and it has been one great ride. I guess that u have to have been here for half a century or so to understand the difference in our current community climate and the sadness/unhappiness that is felt by many.

Most honestly do understand yer frustration
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2015 at 9:37pm
Mr. Self, in most communities, you would have done your job, been appreciated, and gotten good reviews. Middletown is a different animal. Don't let it erode your being, it just ain't worth it. Look at the federal Hardest Hit Funds Program, used to help states and homeowners. The state took the bulk of those funds and gave them to the counties to be used for political benefit. That program failed, just like general community revitalization failed. If there is any benefit, they took out a few houses which lowered supply, but supply still exceeds demand by a wide margin in Middletown. Put Middletown in the past, as it just isn't worth worrying about the city. Citizens and businesses deserve what they are getting by letting the activities erode to a point climbing out of a hole is just as hard as climbing Mt  Everest w/o an O2 tank. A doc can't worry about the patient that won't quit smoking, refusing to take medicine, or unwilling to exercise  to knock off 100 pounds to control the blood pressure. Don't worry about a city that doesn't care if it hit the skids years ago. just as a parent can't control the vices an adult child may have including serious addictions. I disagree with you only in my belief, Adkins has tried to turn the section 8 situation around by too many vouchers flooding Middletown by Marty Kohler.  
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2015 at 10:06am

Factguy

By your above statement, do you think these landlords have filed petty lawsuits against City Hall that have no merit?

Just because you and City Hall do not want any Section 8 in Middletown does not mean that City Hall has the right to target the landlords and or tenants to remove them by any means possible. I believe you would call these actions “Abuse of Power and Discrimination”.

If you really want the Section 8 areas of the city to improve then maybe you need to ask Mr. Adkins and Council to use the HUD CDBG money for “the areas of greatest need” as it was intended and not city pet projects.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic