FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Steve Bohannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for Steve Bohannon
    Posted: Oct 12 2015 at 9:00pm
Mr. Bohannon, The biggest issue facing the city of Middletown is Section 8. Middletown City Schools are 100% free lunch, our police force is overwhelmed with calls to section 8 households. Those folks do not take care of the property. Section 8 has become a way of life. It is meant to help folks get back on their feet, not make landlord's a lot of money. So Mr. Bohannon, if elected, since you own many section 8 properties, what will you do to continue reducing the number of vouchers in the city, So far the City has a plan and it seems to be working. Will you if elected agree with the city, or will you side with all the other section 8 owners and represent their best interest instead of the normal citizens of Middletown. I hope you will respond. This is not an issue that you can dodge.

Waiting for your response!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 7:37am

“what will you do to continue reducing the number of vouchers in the city, So far the City has a plan and it seems to be working.

Smartman
    I would like to correct your above statement. The current city council members and Mr. Adkins
DID NOT reduce the number of Section 8 vouchers in Middletown…period
    Because the MPHA was not being run in compliance with HUD rules it was removed from Middletown’s control and is now being run from the county level of Butler and Warren counties.
     What did happen is that the council members and Mr. Adkins have wasted thousands of dollars of our tax money on legal fees.
     The legal cases against the city over this program are still ongoing in the Butler County courts.

middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 10:31am
I do not think the city has the ability to do anything at all about the number of Section 8 vouchers allocated for use in Middletown. That decision rests solely with the Butler and Warren county Housing Authorities. And since it is likely that they will not be able to reduce the actual number within their respective counties but instead reallocate them to other communities, the chance of them being reduced in Middletown (in my opinion) hovers somewhere right around zero.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 11:14am
I apologize for being wrong. I just forgot. My point is that we do not need someone on council that owns so many properties. Their opinions may be skewed.

Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 2:19pm
I noticed where the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has recently approved COPS grants for a number of municipalities. Did the City of Middletown file an application? If not, why not? I see where at least one Missouri city filed one of the successful COPS grant applications. They will use these funds to hire 11 additional policemen.

Please let us know how you'll endeavor to help the city to successfully apply for these and other related funds in the future? It's easy for one to say that they favor hiring more police and fire employees. Without boosting an already high city income tax rate, how will you help to accomplish this?
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 2:56pm
Miss Vivian -

It wasn't too long ago that The Dougmeister publicly proclaimed, "give me the power and I'll get things done." We can also remember him cavalierly praising the capabilities of Nelson & Asociates plus the Inspection Group being just what was required to straighten out the HUD Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program. And what about the $250,000 Section 8 software program that was purchased by the city at The Dougmeister's urging? Both he and the City Council learned a painful lesson in that The Dougmeister was not more powerful and influential than HUD. His policies and plans were a costly failure.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 3:16pm
Smartman
City Council members no longer have any authority over any HUD Section 8 programs in Middletown.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 8:19pm
I know Vivian. Still I have a hard time respecting anyone that milk's the system and tries to use their position for favors. I will never support r Bohannon. I do not support the section 8 program or the landlords. And more importantly someone that tries to use their position for favors. His disrespect to the AD of Middletown HS Friday night was enough for me.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2015 at 10:30am

Miss Vivian -
It wasn't too long ago that The Dougmeister publicly proclaimed, "give me the power and I'll get things done." We can also remember him cavalierly praising the capabilities of Nelson & Asociates plus the Inspection Group being just what was required to straighten out the HUD Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program. And what about the $250,000 Section 8 software program that was purchased by the city at The Dougmeister's urging? Both he and the City Council learned a painful lesson in that The Dougmeister was not more powerful and influential than HUD. His policies and plans were a costly failure.

Perplexed
    You are correct. This was a total waste of time, effort and money by those at City Hall since reports clearly show that HUD, a federal program, has never reduced vouchers in any county program.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2015 at 11:10am
Smartman
No need to apologize to me. We all need to cast are votes for the people we believe will do the best job for the community.
I'm planning on going to meet the new canidates for city council on Oct. 24 to learn more about their future plans for Middletown before I cast my vote..
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2015 at 8:14pm
I guess smart man thinks all landlords are the scum of the earth. I guess he'd be surprised to know some of our city's most influential people are also landlords.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2015 at 11:17pm
Over the Hill, I'm not surprised at all. I know many of them. In my business I get to know them. As people I like them. Not a fan of section 8. Don't misunderstand, I feel that there is a need for it. But the system is abused. We have 2nd and 3rd generations in section 8. Its a way of life. Most of the landlords put very little into those properties. They always look for the cheapest way, and sometime put the tenant's lives in danger by the way they do repairs. I've seen this personally. I am a manager at a big box home improvement store. I just want someone who has no interest in the program on council.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2015 at 7:50am
Smartman. I agree that the program is missed used by many, but again I say for you to lump ALL landlords together as bad landlords not taking care their properties is being unfair and shortsighted. JMO
SEEKING THE TRUTH View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2015 at 8:48pm
That is not true either the case has been moved to Federal Court and is getting ready to start let the finger pointing begin. As for the old city council that was involved in the fruad and misrepresentation of the MPHA program. The people of this city need to look at the past 5 years and think what they want for the next five. I say replace them all.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2015 at 8:52am
Seeking the Truth
The citizens of Middletown need to know what really happened over the past five years and the price tag...LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2015 at 9:12am
could one of u actually produce or lead us to any court records or schedule concerning any of this? It should surface eventually if anything is going to happen.

can't change the past, but hopefully we can have a "brighter future"(lol)

Section 8 is everywhere(definitely here!). It has played a part in our situation. Personally I have more of an interest in where/how the funding was used.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2015 at 10:29am
Spider - "Personally I have more of an interest in where/how the funding was used."

Spider, how the HUD funds were used over the years should be available from the city....however....HUD has stated that when the MPHA Section 8 program was transfered to Butler and Warren county many of these records were missing and that is also what got Mr. Adkins and Miss Judy in trouble with HUD.

Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2015 at 2:42pm
Spider, it wasn't too long ago that you were praising the efforts of the Dougmeister for straightening out the city's HUD-funded programs. By doing so, you carelessly slammed a former city employee who did much to unveil many of the dirty little secrets about waste, inefficiency, etc. This person may have been forced out by senior city staff, but, they are still concerned about the questionable condition of the city and the welfare of the citizenry.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2015 at 6:41pm
Typical self-centered vindictive nonsense from you.
I have said nothing positive at any time about the HUD mess, and have criticized every aspect of it since LONG before you spent your 5 minutes here.
I have ?ed who was involved and how the funding was used.
But u r too blinded by your hatred of your own situation
U ran away like a coward and have hidden behind numerous screen names ever since

Doug A didn't create this mess
He tried to fix it and cover it
Didn't work--did it?

I am capable of moving on and trying to help with a few situations around here
Life goes on guy, maybe not so well for u, but it will for the rest of us

You ran away--let it go
Worry about yourself
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2015 at 9:51pm
I did not run away Mr. Dillman. I was forced out by Ginger Smith at the direction of Judy Gilleland. It's because of sanctimonious and egotistical people like you that the average Middletonian has very little, if any, say in how the city is administered. Your ego is quite enormous. You don't know nearly as much as you pontificate on this blog.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2015 at 10:11pm
Lol--I wish that I had that kind of power, and I know a hell of a lot more about what has gone on around here than what I post on muss

U did little for this town, even though you were paid by the citizens
U couldn't stand up to anyone or anything

There is much more going on in this community outside of city govt
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 6:55pm
Mr. Dillman -

Once again you indulge in baseless character assassination without the benefit of any knowledge. Here are a few accomplishments of mine for you to try hard to grasp.

1) Owner-Occupied Housing Rehab Program Revolving Loan Fund -- I discovered a total lack of loan servicing for this sizable fund. I was told by my staff that the Finance Director and Planning Director had written off roughly $300,000 in repayable loans around 2003. Furthermore, I was told by staff that another $300,000 plus in similar loans were written off by him and a member of the Finance Department in 2006. Upon my arrival in 1/2007, I discovered that most of the remainder of the portfolio was significantly in arrears. I am the one who inherited a mess and instituted measures to straighten things out.
2) Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program Guidelines and Procedures -- the two of my staff members most familiar with this program prior to my arrival, provided what little was left of so-called "RETIRED HOUSING REHAB APPLICATION FILES." After much searching, I discovered that staff had been using guidelines and procedures that included such things as refinancing credit card or other consumer loan debt into their rehab loan packages. One example was a City employee who owned a home on 8th Street. In her case, some $28,000+ in personal debt was refinanced along with the cost of housing rehab. This account was already significantly in arrears. The house was declared unsuitable for occupancy and demolished. How's this for proper use of taxpayer's funds?

There are many other irregularities and deficiencies that I tried to resolved. My actions were perceived by Judy Gilleland as detrimental to my supervisor. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Stevie!
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 7:26pm
Nelson,
The extent of any post you have ever submitted on this forum includes the following words in some order: 

HUD, Judy, Dougmeister, Fuchs, Ginger, owner-occupied, rehab

That's about it.
SEEKING THE TRUTH View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 7:39pm
That questions is not a fair question because the program is not and was not the city of Middletown's to reduce. Steve if elected would not have any power over the program. Thats a question for the city manager he has his own blog ask him and FYI I would think that this would be a topic that he would steer clear of.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2015 at 3:14am
Mr. Barille or Whomever -

My posts focus upon waste, indifference, incompetence, etc., more than anything else.

The past history of HUD programs administration involves much, much more than the City's lack of a legitimate loan servicing program. Think of the lost opportunities to renew neighborhoods in Wards one and two.

You fail to mention Homeownership Promotion activities that were significantly expanded during my stay. In one year almost 80 first-time homeboyers were assisted in purchasing homes. Almost 300 families were assisted via pre-purchase Home Buyer Education classes. Most of the 80 first-time buyers undertook minor to major rehab of their newly purchased homes.

There's much, much more. When HUD funds are wasted by the City it further expedites the decline of Middletown.

Take off your blinders Mr. Barille.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic