FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Germantown city manager resigns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Germantown city manager resigns
    Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 11:47am
http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/germantown-city-manager-resigns/np4QT/
Quote Germantown city manager resigns

Interim city manager is former leader in Middletown.

By Breaking News Staff
GERMANTOWN —
Germantown city council on Jan. 4 accepted the resignation of city manager Annie Sizemore, effective immediately, according to Mayor Steve Boeder.

Sizemore was city manager for six years, but had previously worked for the city in another role.

Boeder said the law director and Sizemore worked together to draft a letter of intent with financial arrangement that she would leave. This news outlet has requested a copy of that letter.

Boeder said interim city manager, Judith Gilleland, started Tuesday. She is former city manager of Middletown.

“I find her a very capable person,” Boeder said.

Boeder said Gilleland will work up to 32 hours a week for period not extending six months, but that could be extended.

“She has a very good reputation,” Boeder said.

In the next few weeks, the city will advertise for a permanent position, Boeder said.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 1:11pm
I don't know scouter, just missed your post.

Yeah, saw this in the Journal. Thought immediately about what Becker did when he retired from the police department to become the city manager to retire to become some township administrator, triple dipping I guess. She, like Becker, has retired from the city manager's position and now has decided to start city managing in Germantown. Saw the response in the article that they thought she was capable with a good reputation. Did they check the condition of Middletown from when what's his name brought her in here until the time she retired? Can one honestly conclude the city is better now after her stint here? She sure has a lot of baggage to check out before considering making her a permanent fixture in Germantown. If the people of Germantown see what we have seen from her as city manager, I doubt they will be impressed.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 8:28pm
Gilleland was hired because she promised to-

i)  Have the University of Kentucky build the first out of state campus in North America, guaranteeing in five years, 5,000 students.

ii)  Have a Frank L. Wright architecture historic museum, guaranteeing 10,000 visitors within 12 months.

iii)  A promise within six months, ten coffee shops would be opened.

iv) A commitment if  Germantown gives $2 Mm to her for buildings, she will give them away, and besides U of M, the University of Texas at Austin will open a campus in Germantown, and they will both be the first two out of state universities to have campuses outside Kentucky and Texas. She told city council they'd only loose $5 Mm on the deal.

This is example why Donald Trump is winning in the GOP primary. Stupidly in the public domain. Many heard she didn't do a good job.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 8:25am
It doesn't seem like Germantown has the population density, infrastructure or locational availability to interstates, etc. to support any of those ideas fully. Maybe the second item since 10k visitors a year is relatively low traffic.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 8:49am
Let it go, vet--bad for your mental health
Besides mr.b and ms.g don't work here any more

Good one fact guy
Pretty lonely here these days

It will all work scouter
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 11:01am
Originally posted by middletownscouter middletownscouter wrote:

It doesn't seem like Germantown has the population density, infrastructure or locational availability to interstates, etc. to support any of those ideas fully. Maybe the second item since 10k visitors a year is relatively low traffic.

scouter, Factguy was just being facetious . None of his listing were what Gilleland was required to do and are too outlandish for comment. His tongue in cheek listings were, I assume, in response to my extended bashing of, apparently, a lady he seems to like. Don't know.

....but the city is still in terrible shape and incompetently managed no matter who is, or has been at the helm.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2016 at 7:11pm
Such horrible news for Germantown.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 2:16pm
Can't somebody warn them. They better keep a close watch on her AND the purse strings. She cannot be trusted to do what's best for the masses. If any one dares to disagree with her it will be "off with their heads".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic