FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tree Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tree Project
    Posted: Feb 16 2016 at 2:32pm
This website is new to me:
http://www.citizinvestor.com/project/middletown-ohio-tree-project

Citizinvestor
The City of Middletown takes pride in our quality of life for our citizens, and we know that a large part of our quality of life features reside in our 30 parks.

In recent months, the City of Middletown's parks have lost over 200 Ash Trees to the Emerald Ash Borer. The Emerald Ash Borer is a species of beetle that is believed to have arrived in the United States in 2006 from Asia.

We want to restore the trees to our parks, and we need your help!

Please consider donating to help restore the trees in our parks - donations of all amounts are welcomed and are greatly appreciated.

Through your donations, one of ten species of trees will be purchased by the City's Public Works Department: State Street Maple, American Beech, Bur Oak, Shumard Red Oak, Black Tupelo/Black Gum, Emerald Sunshine Elm, City Sprite Zelkova, Autumn Brilliance Serviceberry, Snowdrift Crabapple, or Eastern Redbud. You will be able to see these trees planted in the following parks throughout the City of Middletown: list Avalon, Dixie Heights, Douglass, Dowling, Gardner, Goldman, Lefferson, Old South, Smith, and Sunset Parks.

We are hoping to have the trees planted throughout the spring of 2016. Let's restore Middletown's trees!

Note: The Public Works Department at the City of Middletown also offers a Memorial Tree Program, in which a tree + commemorative plaque can be purchased and planted in one of the City's parks. For more information regarding this program, please contact (513) 425-1897.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2016 at 3:52pm
Many ash trees and other large old trees were removed from the Middletown Cemetery in recent years.
They need to be replaced also. I believe I planted over 30 trees while I was working at the cemetery over the years.
I though we had a tree commission or did they merge with the park department?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic