FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 New Firefighters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 New Firefighters
    Posted: Aug 15 2016 at 3:01pm

The Journal News is reporting that the Middletown Division of Fire has received a $1.8 million federal SAFER grant (Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response) that will allow it to hire 12 additional firefighter EMTs.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2016 at 6:16am
Well. let's see here. We passed a Safety Levy several years ago and the promise, if passed, was to maintain the staffing level of the police and fire. That didn't happen and we were lied to again by city hall. Police and fire personnel were cut and the only fire house on the north side on Tytus was closed, levy approved or not. What else is new?

Now, thanks to some outside help, we are re-staffing the fire department and getting some more medical help which should increase the response time. This is good news for those who depend on the medics during a crisis.

City officials, you have a situation where you can regain some of the cuts made.......that is, unless the powers that be want to alter the gameplan once again of course.

Just wonder what the situation would be if all the money wasted on the downtown dream was placed into the police and fire departments instead. There would never have been a need for this grant.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2016 at 12:48pm
VietVet  Sent you a Private Message...

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2016 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by da120757 da120757 wrote:

VietVet  Sent you a Private Message...

I have responded. Sorry about the delay.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic