Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

City Manager Communication Skills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
middielover View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: City Manager Communication Skills
    Posted: Sep 26 2016 at 7:33pm
Adkins is Ronald Reagan compared to Judy G
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 11:27am
I hope Mulligan and Picard don't think they will be reelected. NOT going to happen!,
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 11:09am
Picard's behavior is not surprising. That has been his " usual and customary" behavior for sometime.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 10:45am
I am not surprised Mr. Picard looked tired sitting behind that council table. I'm just surprised that the others on council aren't as "exhausted" as Mr. Picard seems to be. After all, it is a very stressful environment council has created, and no doubt hard on the arms lifting that rubber stamp as they move through all of those "emergency legislation" items. Gotta expedite the gameplan so that the inner circle can move forward with their downtown dream and special projects for the friends of the city can be realized.

I would suggest we give it a little more time in the trust/"it looks like Adkins is going to be a decent city manager" department. A lot of plans. A lot of well intended talk from him about turning it all around. A fire works show and an indication of some communication with the people through a blog is not enough to turn the tide. A huge amount of damage has been done to this city in the last three decades under numerous administrations who didn't have the best interest of the city in mind and who made critical errors in judgment.

Adkins is in an uphill struggle to repair this city, starting with the basics. The job market in town has a long way to go. Revenue has to be gained (and not by taxing the crap out of the people either). A long way to go on repairing the infrastructure and streets too. He and the council need to pull away with the overbearing focus on the downtown and start paying more attention to the other 97% of the city. Too much money has been wasted in their downtown producing too little progress for the spending. Big problem as to money allocation focus for too long now. You can only protect one area of town for so long before the other, larger areas start to decline even further.

By the way, still waiting to hear from some of the regulars here as to a commitment to talk to Adkins at some designated time. I will join What A City as the second to commit. Any others? He has agreed to acknowledge us here. Better than any of the others so far, right?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 9:50am
I went to the city council meeting last night and I must say I was very impressed with Mr. Adkins. I know there is a lot of bashing on here about city government. It's obvious there has been a lot of improvement lately so let's give credit for that. The focus remains on the downtown area which serves only a chosen few, not the majority of Middletown. 
I appreciated hearing of his plans for the next five years. I think things are on the upswing. 
I noticed Mr Picard had a hard time staying awake which confirms my convictions that more people need to get involved to make needed changes and support Mr. Adkins in his endeavors to improve this city.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2016 at 2:04pm
Doug's blog is located here:

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2016 at 2:01pm

Agree with him or not, you have to agree that Doug Adkins has the best communication skills with the public.... bar none!

He has a blog where he explains things as he sees them.
He speaks to the press, he speaks to the people directly.
He even comes on here and posts clarification to your statements or in some cases mis-statements.

I think Doug Adkins is a great communicator. I would encourage all our officials to speak to the people. 

Also kudos to Marcia Andrews, Middletown School Board President, for her posts of clarification on numerous school issues brought up by the readers of MiddletownUSA.com.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic