Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PACMAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Simplymendy View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simplymendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PACMAN
    Posted: Nov 17 2016 at 7:48pm
Hi,

I'm Mendy, Pacman's wife.  Bob (aka Pacman) was a frequent poster to Middletown USA a few years back.  This was his place to go for any and all discussions regarding the Politics of Middletown.  

I popped into this forum a few weeks ago to kinda catch up on the Middletown reading and I noticed a post in which someone had asked about Pacman.  It gave me a warm feeling to know you still think of him from time to time.  So I thought I'd post an update for you.

I know it's been a long while since he's posted here.  If he could I'm certain he would.  He's been living in a long term care facility for nearly 3 years due to his extensive medical issues.

Over the past few months these medical issues have become uncontrollable and have lead to a rapid decline in his overall health.  Last night he was admitted to Hospice of Cincinnati.

Please lift him prayer. 

Mendy
Smiling Through The Madness :)
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2016 at 9:37pm
Hi Mendy,

So sorry to hear of Bob's decline.  Be assured that Dawn's and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 6:07am
Oh my God no. Terrible news. I understand the trials and tribulations when it comes to severe medical issues with a loved one and this news has a special degree of sadness for me as I share some of your heartaches from my situation. Life certainly hasn't been fair to some of us at all. IMO, at times, it is almost intolerable. It's a hard road.

Please know that some of us oldtimers, who were around when Pac was in his prime, joining us in giving the city leaders hell on occasion, wish him only the best. Please tell him this. God Bless you and Pac.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 6:54am
Mendy
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your husband.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 8:05am
Sorry to hear of Pacman's decline. He is missed around here. His posts will live forever on this website and he will not be forgotten. God bless.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simplymendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 7:04pm
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Bob (Pacman) passed away in the early morning hours this morning.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 7:17pm
So sorry to hear this. Blessings.
I had many interesting conversations with Pac at the shipping center.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Simplymendy Simplymendy wrote:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Bob (Pacman) passed away in the early morning hours this morning.

RIP Pac. Another member of the righteous side of things here has left us.

God Bless you Mendy. My condolences in this difficult time.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2016 at 9:47pm
Mrs. Pacman has asked me to post this link to Pacman's obituary:

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 11:08am
So sorry to hear of Pacman's passing. Thoughts to his family.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 1:55pm
Deepest condolences on Pacman's passing.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2016 at 9:01am
condolences to the family
a good man and small business neighbor
a loss
rip my friend

"they" still wonder "who is pacman? what is his name?"
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simplymendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2016 at 9:17am
Thank you everyone for your condolences, thoughts and prayers.

Pacman's name is Robert M. Cust (Bob)
He was the owner/operator of Box & Shipping in Middleton until its close due to his medical issues.
We have lived in Ohio for 12 years.

Please see the link to Bob's Obituary posted by Mike Presta in a previous post on this thread.
Thank You Mike.

Our son Daniel and I are traveling to Maine today to lay him to rest.

Mendy
Smiling Through The Madness :)
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2016 at 8:42pm
Sorry for your loss, I enjoyed reading his posts on this page.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic