FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Section 8 Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2017 at 12:19pm
Here is the link to our MUSA discussion in June 2014 on Section 8. 

http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5768&PN=1&title=section-8

The lawsuits against the city concerning this subject are still before the courts.
Douglas Adkins View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douglas Adkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2017 at 8:00am
I'm willing to spend some time on here talking about projects and answering questions. But I only have so much time to devote to this. I do have a city to run with lots of moving pieces.

The Section 8 numbers are correct and valid. The old number comes from MPHA and we knew where all 1662 vouchers lived within the city. The updated number comes from Warren and Butler Metro added together. They each ran reports for Middletown only.

This drawdown was by design and anticipated by all parties. The numbers are exactly where we projected them to be.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2017 at 11:21am

Adkins: “This drawdown was by design and anticipated by all parties. The numbers are exactly where we projected them to be.

Well now I’m really confused. If you anticipated that the Section 8 vouchers would be reduced simply by the transfer of the MPHA Section 8 program to Butler County why didn’t this transfer occur years ago? I remember that Miss Judy suggested this shortly after she was hired.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic