FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arsenic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2017 at 6:48pm
Interesting
MattR--please explain how this is something that we can remedy and/or control.
Water supplies everywhere are a vital concern
MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2017 at 7:00pm
We need to figure out what is happening in our wellfield; why is the arsenic level increasing in our wells?  This means collecting more data and also taking active steps to ensure water quality.  Getting ahead of these things is always the way to go rather than taking a passive role and waiting for the EPA to take you by the hand, or even force your hand.  Frankly, I'm not ashamed that I was fired refusing to comply with what I was being asked to do.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2017 at 9:58am
Spider
We have known for years that the Aeronca site is a real threat to the wellhead area.
How many times times did Gary Barge go before City Council over the years requesting testing and clean up of the Hydraulic Canal because of Aeronca water being piped into the canal.
City Hall stated that they did not have the money for testing or clean up...however...later City Hall removed $600,000 from the Wellhead Protection Fund for the demo of the Orman building.
Just another can kicked down the road to be solved at a later date...

MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2017 at 10:36am
The managers response to my question was filled with inaccuracies and structured to allow the reader to draw false conclusions.  This is similar to what has been done regarding the Aeronca plume.  The city took complete responsibility for the clean-up years ago.  Now, contrary to public impressions of the project being under control, the plume has crossed the hydraulic canal and the carcinogens are infiltrating the soil of the adjoining neighborhood.  
MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 1:31pm
Bottom line, as was made clear to me in the meeting I attended where I was fired, the illusion of competence is more important than competence.  Do yourselves a favor, use a high quality filter or bottled water.
MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 3:41pm
Everything I've said is easily documented.  They count on ignorance and fear.  Doing their jobs would be much easier than chasing down truth tellers.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 3:44pm
MattR,
       I find this sentence to be a classic:
              "Bottom line, as was made clear to me in the meeting I attended where I was fired, "the illusion of competence is more important than competence."
               In 2007 and 2008 they said the same thing when they would constantly say, "Perception is Reality." My reply to that was that any magician or illusionist would love for everyonein their audience to believe that and any con man would do anything to have his victims believe it.
               Politicians, lawyers and others who speak like that are parading their lack of integrity.
       Thanks for your posts.
             pn

MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2017 at 12:26pm
Looked over our most recent consumer confidence report; many errors and omissions.  Confidence?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic