FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hope House

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hope House
    Posted: Mar 14 2017 at 8:45am
Article in the Journal about the Hope House moving to the old Armco/AK Grove St. location and out of their downtown.

One could read this in two ways.

One could choose to consider this a good move for Hope House as they will be going to a newer facility that may accommodate their needs much better. That's the glass have full approach.

OR.....one could choose to believe that the Hope House is a form of "blight" and doesn't match the "cultural/artzy/upscale" theme they want for their downtown, and, as such, are a nuisance for the S. Main St./"downtown cultured" crowd and need to go "elsewhere" out of their line of sight. They simply aren't a good match for the more upscale "professional" types they want to inhabit their downtown. That's the glass have empty take on things.

I am a "glass half empty" type if the subject concerns the downtown "cultural plan" and will go with the second of the two scenarios.

Ironic thing about this is that the downtown development people have talked about different ways to attract people to their downtown and we already have people living downtown........they just don't want "these types" of people living in their downtown as I see it. They were good enough to live there all these years and now that the downtown plan is supposedly progressing, they are now just "in the way". Isn't it convenient that now, they have found them a new home......a home away from the area that contains their dreams.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic