FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Visitors Bureau

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Visitors Bureau
    Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 6:23pm
So I imagine the final interview for the new director went something like this:
"So you left Keep Cincy Beautiful under a cloud of accounting discrepancies? Well, welcome aboard!!! We THRIVE on accounting trickery around here so you're gonna' fit right in! The public has no right to know what we do with our, er, their money-am I right??????" Lordy,lordy,lordy
MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 6:57pm
Just the kind of play ball, flexible person the city likes.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2018 at 2:28am
According to the Journal story, the lady had some issues in Cincinnati with the "direction" they were taking. The article told us that she also had some troubling issues with taking too much vacation and sick time that was not authorized nor in her job contract. The equivalent of 3 grand + in pay I believe.

If you were doing the hiring for the city, would you hire this lady knowing this information? If she took unauthorized leave in the form of vacation and sick time that wasn't in the employment agreement, wouldn't that be a red flag for you in your decision?

The city/schools have repeatedly hired people who have been risks. They hired them despite knowing information that should have thrown up a red flag. Steve Price as Superintendent for one. Gilleland for another. How about Lolli in the schools, city hire Robinette and Marty Kohler, knowing his Lebanon experiences. All turned out to be questionable hires, right?

Not a good track record at evaluating character on some of these people. That should be an important trait shouldn't it?

We will know in time whether the city got a peach or a lemon.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
fwolz View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fwolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2018 at 5:50pm
The Visitors Bureau underwent a complete overhaul and had new Board Members appointed about a year ago.  Eleven members, hand-picked by Mr. Adkins were appointed to the Board at that time.  

Of those eleven members appointed last March, there are now only six members listed on the City's page for this Board.

Other than a batch of minutes in July, there have been no record of minutes received from the Visitor's Bureau reflected in any City Council minutes.

This Board is unique in that it controls actual tax funds on their own, unlike most other Boards which are merely advisory to Council.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic