FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LoneStar to Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LoneStar to Rebuild
    Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 4:01pm

Lone Star to rebuild

By Meagan Engle

Staff Writer

Friday, November 07, 2008

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon will be rebuilding its Middletown restaurant that was destroyed in an August fire, said Lone Star Chief Executive Marc Buehler.

The company is in the design phase now and hopes "to get demolished shortly and start the process," Buehler said in a message left with the Journal Friday, Nov. 7......

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 5:23pm
Shortly, what is shortly? Not a real time frame. Tomorrow wouldn't be too soon.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 10:27pm
So..The sooner they rebuild it the sooner they can go out of business?
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2008 at 9:45am
Lone Star is missed and it will be nice to have the burned out building replaced.  Really looks bad at that end of the city.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2008 at 1:25pm
It's a mess something should be done soon.
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
The Resident View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2008 at 2:23pm
Check out the Red Lobster theory on the "Lone Star or Red Lobster" Forum
tkunkle View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkunkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2008 at 2:34pm
I think it would be nice to see Lone Star back up and running.
To see what is going on in Preble County visit my blog on Preble County Life
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2008 at 2:39pm
Me too. I still have a $5 coupon I need to use.
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2008 at 2:41pm
Steak, I need steak!!!
Flakyjake View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakyjake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2008 at 11:46am
I have a coupon that I need to use there also.  Been craving some of those armadillo cheese fries with the Texas ranch sauce. Mmmmm
Visit my favorite Security Camera Blog
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2008 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Flakyjake Flakyjake wrote:

I have a coupon that I need to use there also.  Been craving some of those armadillo cheese fries with the Texas ranch sauce. Mmmmm

NO!  YOU do not have a coupon.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2008 at 1:55pm
I'll go back if they give out free peanuts and I can toss the shell on the floor again.
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Mogwa View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2008 at 2:42pm
The sooner they get rid of the eyesore the better.  Plus I've been craving some steak lately and I need to get my fix.
The Resident View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 11:06am
I am hoping the Red Lobster rumor is true.  The heck with Steak, give me Shrimp and Scallops!  Anyone else hear the rumor about Red Lobster?
mhowardx View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhowardx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 5:37pm
I really hope to see something happen with the lone star lot. It looks like a mess and should be removed already.

I really hope they rebuild LoneStar because I miss their sweet potatoes. I really cannot find another place that offers sweet potatoes! Also some steak would be nice.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 6:25am
Wouldn't hold my breath on the Red Lobster rumor. We were suppose to get a Red Lobster in the 80's (or 90's) (can't remember) and we haven't seen one yet. My son, who worked there for 6 years, knows the managers at Lone Star. They told him that the Lone Star would be rebuilt on the same site. They're waiting for the insurance claim system to finalize. This Lone Star is, apparently, a good performer, along with Dayton 1 on 741 by the Dayton Mall.
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 2:31pm
Just in - things are happening at Lone Star - looks like they are prepping the building for demolition.  Trucks and workers have been there for 2 days now removing equipment and furniture from the inside and the City has beent here closing down water lines etc.    Hopefully this pace will keep up once the demolish the building and they rebuild quickly.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2008 at 4:15pm
If you want to see a video on  the last minutes of the Lone Star visit my "Fun Technology" blog.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic