FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Business Closings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Business Closings
    Posted: Mar 18 2019 at 6:46pm
buddhalite:

To give credit where credit is due, I use to go to McD's on Breile every morning for breakfast before I realized all the egg mcmuffins and pancakes where putting the weight on too fast. When I ordered breakfast, the order was at the table sometimes before I could take my coat off and sit down. Excellent service there. Wendy's across the street seems to get the orders correct on a consistent basis and the wait isn't too hateful. Same with Taco Bell.

Just noticed that Hardees seems to be lacking in interest from the community most of the time. Most times, at best, one car, maybe two in the parking lot at any given moment. This is Hardees second stint in town. They had a business by the mall, next to Bob Evans and left after Krogers bought the land for their Marketplace store. Before that happened, like the former Dairy Queen (where White Castle is now), the service at the old Hardees went downhill quickly. Dirty floors, poorly operated, ice cream on the floor with workers stepping over the mess at Dairy Queen. Looks to me like if they made a decision to build again, they would have made a more concerted effort the second time around. A fast food place that seems to be getting worse, given our experience is Burger King. Very slow with the order when waiting at the counter.Orders often wrong. Food quality going downhill. The drive-thru seems to be holding it's own on reasonable service speed. We have cut way back on the Burger King visits due to the slow service and quality of food.

Guess Captain D's is the only fast food fish place in town on the east side now.

As for Marco's.......there's always Cassanos and Donatos to fall back on. No loss with Marco's being gone for us.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2019 at 2:45pm
Vet,

As a studious business person - the reasons for closure of both places are widely different.

Marcos staff was what I believe killed it - the place was run pretty haphazardly.

Long John's?  That place was run down - the bathrooms were NASTY - and they had no drive through window.  That last part cost them many dollars over the years.

Hardee's goes most of the day without much business - except for breakfast.  But, they run that thing with incompetent people...leading many of us to stay away.

I swear - to find good restaurants run well - try anyplace other than Middletown - but it doesn't make sense.
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2019 at 1:14pm
Well, we all know that Marco's Pizza closed a few months ago. Now, according to the Journal, Long John Silver's has closed. Two businesses in a row in a busy Briele Blvd. location along fast food row. As few cars are seen at any given time in their parking lot, I predict the recently built Hardee's, further north on Breile, will be next to close.....for a second time. Sad to see choices in town disappearing.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic