FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Prices = More Shopping Now?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas Prices = More Shopping Now?
    Posted: Nov 21 2008 at 1:37pm
Prices for gas in Middletown have dropped from over $4 a gallon to under $2.

How much per month is that saving people. If you drive to Cincinnati, allot.
So with this savings, are you going to increase your spending on Christmas, Hanukkah, or other religious seasonal event?

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2008 at 2:39pm
No.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2008 at 2:55pm
Maybe just a little, perhaps an extra $100.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2008 at 4:05pm
No.Evil%20Smile
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2008 at 4:16pm
Pacman you can't keep Christmas from coming.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2008 at 4:33pm

Not trying to, I love Xmas I am in retail remember.  But I have spent what I am going to spend and I am now in Pay down debt mode as fast as I can, as I don't forsee things getting better before Gas goes flying back up in the spring which will continue the downward spiral.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2008 at 6:46pm

The price of gas won't effect my holiday shopping at all.

The business climate and WallSt.developments will.
Lower gas pricing hasn't seemed to make any difference so far, and everyone is very aware that we are one minor skirmish away from a return to high oil costs. Lower fuel hasn't helped retail, home or auto sales.

The BIG win in the $50 per barrel price is that it has gutted the economies in Venezuela,Iran and Russia. All of whom were beginning to flex their muscles and trash talk us. They are VERY quiet now, and their econoies are in a free fall. They need a minimum of $80 per barrel to make things work.

So--should the Bush admin recieve any credit for this?
They did take the heat for the $140 per barrel prices.

MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2008 at 10:34am
spiderjohn

If the price for gas as $10, would it affect your shopping for christmas? I would think so.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2008 at 1:11pm
lol Mr.B
Fuel costs greatly impact virtually everything, especially extreme jumps like you mention above.

A cost as mentioned would have less impact on my holiday shopping than virtually any other activity or function. STILL--THAT KIND OF FUEL EXPENSE WOULD RESTRICT VIRTUALLY ANY TYPE OF SPENDING.

Strange ? imo

The fuel pricing(per barrel) now is greatly helping us fight the global wars from every aspect. It greatly diminishes the strength of our enemies.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2008 at 4:52pm

As my family and I grow older, holiday spending is far less important. So this is really not a ? geared towards me.

I am a lucky guy, in that I really don't need or want anything material for the holidays.
I just want to enjoy my parents,relatives,wife.daughter and grandchildren. Making my grandchildren happy is most important, though I am very lucky there also. While they love gifts, they are happy with a few things. Quantity isn't important. They never have to be told to thank someone, and their "thank yous" are genuine. Their behavior couldn't make me happier.
Fuel prices affect us all in so many different ways.

What I REALLY want for the holidays is good homes for approx.20 well-trained, beautiful young stray cats. Achieving that would make me look to the sky and say "thank you".
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2008 at 5:00pm
Spiderjohn you are truely blessed. You have family to enjoy. That is the greatest gift of all. But consider your children. Are low gas prices helping them this Christmas?

John Beagle

Middletown USA

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2008 at 5:31am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

What I REALLY want for the holidays is good homes for approx.20 well-trained, beautiful young stray cats. Achieving that would make me look to the sky and say "thank you".

Wink

Spider:  I know an owner of an oriental restaraunt that would be pleased to take them!
   LOL  LOL
(I am just kidding!  JUST KIDDING!!!  Please don't take this seriously!!!)
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2008 at 6:51am
Hey Mike--I'm very glad that I don't have an oriental buffet next to all my locations.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2008 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

.... and I am now in Pay down debt mode as fast as I can, as I don't forsee things getting better before Gas goes flying back up in the spring which will continue the downward spiral.

Same Here.

We put 20K in a kitchen remodel last winter and I really wish we had not done that.
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic