FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIM: Gun Sales are Up!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AIM: Gun Sales are Up!
    Posted: Mar 10 2009 at 2:39pm
Just noticed the above video is no longer available but I watched one last night that was still "out there" and it's obvious that Obama said anything he could to gun owners to get elected and now that he is...he could give a flying fig about the 2nd amendment.

It makes me sick that every four years we have to listen to politicians promise they will respect our rights as defined in the constitution. As if our rights hinge on their liking of any particular clause or amendment.
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2009 at 10:01am
The Supreme Court announced today it won't considered a case that sought to hold the gun industry partially responsible for weapons that end up in illegal markets. 
http://www.opposingviews.com/articles/news-court-rules-gun-makers-not-responsible-for-illegal-gun-sales
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 11:07pm
Gun sales are still up. Ammo is expensive but available.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2009 at 2:28pm
right%20to%20bear%20arms
Looking for news or information on display technology? If so Visit the Monitor Blog
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2009 at 2:17pm
Obama common-sense gun laws (sorry for the 10 second add):

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2009 at 11:52am
Bwood- that background check must have been very fast because as soon as I signed that paper, I handed the guy the money and walked away with the weapons. No phone call was made, no computer check was made, no communications with any source from the vendor.
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2009 at 11:44am
If you bought from a vendor you did get a background check. The background check is instant so maybe you didn't notice.
Looking for news or information on display technology? If so Visit the Monitor Blog
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2009 at 11:12am
My son and I went to a Hara Arena gun show a few years ago. Walked out with a 12 gauge shotgun, an AK-47 and a 40 cal Glock handgun plus ammo for each. Easy to buy all three. Just a driver's license, sign a form and pay. No background check. People were walking out of that show with all kinds of weapons, placing them in their trunk and walking back into the show. It's easy to buy any weapon you want at these shows.
Flakyjake View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakyjake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2009 at 10:57am
AIM is a great place and they have a good selection.  I hope they can get caught up and start taking walkins again.
Visit my favorite Security Camera Blog
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2009 at 4:54pm
Gun sales continue to be brisk from what I hear. I want to wait to buy ammo after things die down.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2008 at 1:20pm
Obama: Don't stock up on guns
As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.

"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

But National Rifle Association spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said it's not Obama's words — but his legislative track record — that has gun-buyers flocking to the stores.

Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2008 at 9:28am
I was watching a news segment, and a place in Texas called Cheaper than Dirt was selling 5 times their historical average.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2008 at 8:33pm
Wow!!  I had AIM all wrong!!!

I didn't even realize that Arts In Middletown dealt in firearms!!!
LOL
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2008 at 11:46am
AIM in Middletown has closed walk-in's for 6 weeks in a phone conversation last week to fill their Internet orders by seniority! Every semi in their most recent flier was gone off the Internet the week of release. Wouldn't allow drive up ammunition sales!!! - Mark Chaney, Customer

From their website:

12/04/2008 Important Shipping Delay Notice

Due to high order/back order volume we are currently experiencing a delay in shipping. Please allow for up to 3-4 weeks for us to process and ship your order. We are currently shipping orders placed on the 16th of November. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We at AIM and others in the firearms industry are experiencing an extraordinarily high demand for the products we sell.

Although we will do all we can to insure the fulfillment of your order(s) in its entirety, we are experiencing product shortages that may result in backorders or delays of specific product from your order.

We ask for your patience as we work diligently to process orders, answer phone calls and respond to the thousands of emails requesting information about orders placed and product status.

AIM
3801 Lefferson Rd
Middletown, OH 45044

Order Toll Free: 888-748-5252
Questions, General information: 513-424-9960
Faxes: 513-424-9970 (24hrs)
Telephone Hours (Eastern Standard Time):
Monday-Friday: 
9:00am-5:30pm

General questions:
sales@aimsurplus.com

Concerns or problems with your order?:
customerservice@aimsurplus.com

Want to know when your order will ship or the shipping charges?:
shipping@aimsurplus.com

Email address for emailing Photo Identification:
id@aimsurplus.com

Email address for emailing FFL Information:
ffl@aimsurplus.com

SORRY, PICK UP COUNTER CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

---------------------------

Gun sellers say the election of Barack Obama is helping them avoid the recession. Sales of new guns are booming - up an estimated 50 percent in the suburbs of Chicago.

Full Story:
http://cbs2chicago.com/politics/gun.sales.election.2.879513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic