FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shops For Rent on Central Ave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shops For Rent on Central Ave
    Posted: Dec 09 2008 at 12:39pm
With the recent bad news from Forbes showing that Middletown is the 10th fastest dying city in the country will these shops on Central Avenue ever be rented?

Click this link to see more Pictures of Middletown Ohio on our Flickr account.

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2008 at 12:54pm
With a Poverty Level of 22% and climbing anyone would be crazy to open a Business In Middletown at this time, especially anything east of say Breiel.  Maybe we should move the City Council and City Offices to these places and close City Hall. 
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2008 at 12:57pm
Why close city hall when it could be sub divided and house 20 to 30 new section 8 families?

Pacman.. did you ever get that [img] command working?
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2008 at 2:18pm
We need business downtown, but who would want to locate there? How do you compete with the likes of Walmart, Lowes and Target? What is left to sell?

Oh that reminds me, I need a snow shovel, I'll be stopping by Lowes tonight.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2008 at 10:38pm
If council moved to a cheaper place,they would just turn around and give everyone a raise with the savings.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 9:05am
How about a photo of the mural on TV Middletown's building? Or Governor's Square with the Christmas decorations. You know, some positive photos of Downtown.
Or the new Head Start building. Or maybe some of the "got Art" art?
At least the owner of "The Lowest Rent in Town" cleaned the place up.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 9:19am
You crack me up, Mr.B, with the "what else is there to sell?" comment.
I can't buy what I want at any of the big box locations you mentioned.
If you want antything cultural,quality or higher end, you must head north or south on I75(and I will do so 2nite to get a simple Christmas cd). And while I shop out of town, I will probably stop somewhere trendy for a meal(like Meadowlark). 50% off at Borders on all music and video btw.

I would love to have a specialty shop downtown.
I hope to do so asap, though I am buried in operating businesses within the city now.
I want to branch into other areas, and see downtown as a natural.
Low rent(though I prefer to buy), and that old Strand/Studio or Sorg remind me of what has developed in Newport at the Madison Theater, Southgate House or Jaspers in Cincy.
The few quality ventures downtown now desperately need successful feeder companion businesses b4 it is once again too late.

Ancient landowners who refuse to update their properties while marketing them as if they were golden is a long-festering problem.

Credit to Beau Verre,56 Degrees, the Rumsfords, the Bash people and a few others for making it work(somewhat) to date.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 10:45am
I like the fact that the MJ took the same shot of those shops for their front page story that ran today.

Their photo was taken on a dark and rainy day.

I took my photo months ago on a bright sunny day.

I win! LOL
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 11:51am

Middletown has many beautiful and historic buildings on Central.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 11:52am
John Beagle

Middletown USA

MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 11:54am
John Beagle

Middletown USA

reals007 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reals007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2009 at 12:56am
I also think this is the best area for business. Me and my friend looking shops in this area. Its important news for us and shop pics are very beautiful.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic