FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Towne Mall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by middletuckian middletuckian wrote:

i fondly recall the days of multiple record stores in the mall, a harper's bazaar, two computer software stores, many eateries, special events in the mall center, the wishing fountains with all the change in them, the thriving arcade that was once there, also I miss the days of having to turn sideways to walk through the mall.

You are so correct. I remember when it was built. Christmas time was a pain in the butt. I also remember when they would have the District Pinewood Derby in the center. People would go to Sears and buy lawn chairs. People also stood in a looooong line for Santa. No waiting this year. I'm actually surprised they had one.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2009 at 12:46pm
VIETVET was quoted in the Middletown Journal today w/his opinion about the Towne Mall.

Way to go!
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2009 at 11:42am
Here is somewhat of a surprise.  I would have thought the Towne Mall store would have closed first.   Notice the comment from Bon-Ton President and CEO on the Middletown store performance:

The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces Hamilton, Ohio Store Closing

• Tuesday January 13, 2009, 9:15 am EST

YORK, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ: BONT - News) today announced that it will close its 167,900 square foot Elder-Beerman store in Hamilton, Ohio. The leasehold interest in the Hamilton location was acquired by Bon-Ton in 2003 as part of the Elder-Beerman acquisition. The lease, which is expiring March 31, 2009, has not been renewed. The closing will impact approximately 75 associates. The closing costs for the location will not be material. The location is scheduled to close by mid-March 2009.

Bud Bergren, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “The Company continually reviews the performance of its assets, and following a review of the Hamilton location, we made the decision to close the store. We sincerely appreciate the loyalty and dedication of our associates and the support of our Hamilton customers. We remain committed to our customers in this community and encourage them to visit our Elder-Beerman store in the Middletown Mall, which continues to be a very good location for the Company.”

The affected associates at the Hamilton location will be provided an opportunity to consider available opportunities at the Middletown or Dayton stores or receive career transition benefits, including severance according to established practices and state employment service support.

The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. operates 281 stores, including twelve furniture galleries, in 23 states in the Northeast, Midwest and upper Great Plains under the Bon-Ton, Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson Pirie Scott, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s and Younkers nameplates and, under the Parisian nameplate, stores in the Detroit, Michigan area. The stores offer a broad assortment of brand-name fashion apparel and accessories for women, men and children, as well as cosmetics and home furnishings. For further information, please visit the investor relations section of the Company’s website at http://investors.bonton.com.

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2009 at 12:37pm
wow

"...our Elder-Beerman store in the Middletown Mall, which continues to be a very good location for the Company."
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2009 at 1:54pm
Hey Jonathan you believe that one I got a Business in Middletown to sell you.  That one ranks right up there with CBL's we will get back to you in 30 days and it has now been what about 210 and counting.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic