FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Towne Mall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towne Mall
    Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 3:04pm
Heard over the Christmas.
Chic-Fil-A will not be renewing their lease for 2009. Their last day will be tomorrow 12/31/08.
Also heard another store was closing tomorrow, Dunham's?
Anyone else hear this?
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 3:08pm
May have to go grab a chik-n sandwich on their last day. Hopefully they move somewhere around town. I bet they could make a killing in the old rally's building.
Looking for news or information on display technology? If so Visit the Monitor Blog
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 3:17pm
Man, move them downtown! I miss Quizno's & The Liberty. 56 degrees is good don't get me wrong there.
I have e-mailed the Towne Mall. Will let you know what I find out.

If you go tonight, ask the employees. They'll tell you the truth.
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 10:15pm

you are correct about chick-fil-a,don't know about dunhams

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2008 at 3:08pm
BUMMER!
Flakyjake View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakyjake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 8:59am
Chic-Fil-A was the only real reason I would even consider going to the Towne Mall
Visit my favorite Security Camera Blog
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 10:48am
What no chickfila?
That was the last good food in the mall.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 1:37pm
What...you don't like Chili Dogs w/cheese? That's unamerican!
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 2:37pm
Maybe since City Counsel won't put pressure on CBL to improve the mall we as citizens should. No wonder we are Forbes top 10. What is the first thing you see when you get off the highway? If they won't improve it, then force them out and get someone that will!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 4:28pm
wow smartman--I am liking you better as time goes on!
I can tell that you are ready to join the revolution!
Have you been slapped around enough by your City govt. and school admin?
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 4:42pm

I like that idea too.. we should call CBL every day and ask if they need help selling the mall. Ask if they found a buyer yet. Ask if they need a quote to tear it down.. etc.

So I just went to their website and was trying to find a corporate number when I see the link for Malls.

As of this minute the page is basically blank. Wow what a surprise. NOT

But here is their corporate contact info:

CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.
CBL Center, Suite 500
2030 Hamilton Place Boulevard
Chattanooga, TN 37421-6000
info@cblproperties.com

Let the calls begin!
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 4:48pm
No Spider, Just tierd of giving to a community and seeing it all fall apart. I am tired of those on counsel putting their needs first. It is the city officials job to see that our community grows and is recognized as a great place to live. Not in the top 10 places to live. They are not elected to line their pockets! We were doing pretty well until Hamilton kicked out all of the section 8. Looks like out leaders saw dollar signs instead of trying to stablize our community! I still believe in our schools and believe that they will turn around. Something as simple as a winning B-Ball season can do wonders! Lets hope they continue tomorrow!
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 4:59pm
I tried calling CBL got an answering machine. I did send an email. If I get a response I will post it!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 5:43pm
Right on Smartman.Thumbs%20Up To bad we can't rustle up about 500-1000+ citizens to march on down to City Hall for an upcoming City Council Meeting and demand some answers and changes.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 6:54pm
Why not try? Even if we had 100 in a mass that might get the point across! Those Bozo's need to understand that they really work for US!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 10:17am
I doubt the city has any control over the CBL situation, and it has deteriorated far too much to jump in now.

I thought that our east end "Renaissance" was well under control by our past Econ D director Mr.Murphy and the Neyer group? Or is that only the area east of the interstate?
With these businesses now being closed by the state, evidently for the new interchange, our only interstate city entrance now resembles a picture even worse than a drive down the western end of Central Ave.

Our efforts were to market the East End and manage the retail/professional/medical BUSINESS/EMPLOYMENT EXPLOSION FOLLOWING THE OPENING OF THE ATRIUM.
So--what happened?
Who is running this show now?
What is our new Econ D hiree doing?
Are we still thrilled and thankful for Bill Muirphy's efforts?

SOMEONE now needs to update the community on east end plans and progress.
Followed up by Economic Development progress for every other area of the city.

As of now we pretty much present an eyesore as you enter the city from pretty much any direction.
jmo

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 11:38am
SOMEONE now needs to update the community on east end plans and progress.
I agree! Why keep people in the dark about the city efforts to bring business to the area?
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 11:45am
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 12:15pm
Jonathan the City is to busy with other important matters, like spending 18 months discussing Section 8 and getting nothing done.  Tonights meeting ought to be another barn burner, what is on the agend.....oh boy Section 8 again.Shocked

Middletown Burns but we can count on Council to straigthen out Section 8 just give then another 5 years.Thumbs%20Down
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 1:30pm
I still have no rsponse to my email to CBL. Guess we are just a tax write off for them!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 3:05pm
Just remember its always darkest before the dawn. Looks pretty dark right now.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 3:06pm
Be careful about how you say that.

Lets just say we are looking for a rainbow...
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 3:52pm
I heard Chic-fil-A was looking at a parcel lot for a "stand alone" near Meijer?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 4:07pm
John, I don't mind the dark if I know the Dawn is coming.  Around here that is not a sure thing at this point.
middletuckian View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletuckian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 9:02pm
i fondly recall the days of multiple record stores in the mall, a harper's bazaar, two computer software stores, many eateries, special events in the mall center, the wishing fountains with all the change in them, the thriving arcade that was once there, also I miss the days of having to turn sideways to walk through the mall.

When all else fails they pack-it-in!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic