FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Palin Takes on the 'Liberal' Media

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palin Takes on the 'Liberal' Media
    Posted: Jan 10 2009 at 1:16pm
Mike: I agree with you as to nothing getting done in Congress. Worthless to the American people the way they operate. I believe that my post stated so. I also agree that the party in charge won't matter either-Washington gridlock.. As for Coulter- I can't look at her with an open mind. Her brand of "humor" as you say, doesn't set well with me, along with alot of people. For me, she will always be that blob of protoplasm with no redeeming qualities.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2009 at 9:30am
Vet:
With all due respect, it's still the same gang in congress that has been there for years.  The few new people are all junior members, and I know of none with the charisma of Obama.  Dem or Rep, I see little diference.  It will be business as usual, and if anything gets done, it will be to OUR detriment!  I fear that we are doomed, and my outlook would be the same if it was to be another four years of Bush or McCain.

The only thing different is that we are throwing away money that we don't have in LARGER AMOUNTS!!!  (But BOTH parties were in a big hurry to do that!)  Gridlock is the best that we can hope for.

Sure, I like Coulter, but it's because I love that style of humor.  Most folks just take her too literally.  Pretend for a moment that she was a liberal cracking the same way against the right (but saying the same, exact things) and you would laugh like crazy!LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2009 at 8:46am
Jonathan- I know that you and others are Republicans on this site and supported this lady. I,as the apparent lone opposition, having watched this clip, would like to offer my observations. 1. She mentions the "unknown" bloggers that spread lies on the blog sites. Partially true. Depends. Sometimes, the only way to get to the truth is to read and participate in blogging. This site is a prime example of the truth being spoken by us bloggers as opposed to the nonsense being spewed by city hall. If one wants the facts and truth about Middletown, read this site, not the Journal. 2. She was shown the clip on the View and with Katie Couric on the Letterman show. I agree, the Views segment info. was in bad taste and cruel. Should never have happened. The interview with Couric, concerning what Palin reads, is another story. When asked what she reads by Couric, she mumbled some incoherant jargon and wouldn't/couldn't give a straight answer. Here, on this clip, she says she reads the local paper, USA Today, and the New York Times. Fine. Why didn't she say that as an answer to Couric? 3.She mentions Obama saying that family was "off limits". True. Is she suggesting that Obama was solely responsible for stopping all the attacks on her/ family? And just how was he suppose to do that? How can anyone do that? 4. Finally, she says that she wishes that, during the election, that voters would have been allowed to see what great work she has done in her state government in Alaska. She thought that might have made a difference in the way people viewed her. Fine- if she knew that it might be a positive, why didn't she release information pertaining to all the good things she has done while Governor during the election- UNLESS, the information wasn't as positive as the Repubs would have liked it to be and could have been used as cannon fodder for the Dems to make her look even worse. I'm sorry, Jonathan, but your lady Governor still comes across as very shaky in her delivery on stage. IMO, she's still not ready for prime time. Too "bumpkinish" to qualify for a higher position than what she is now. Bottom line- The election is over. It's the other party's turn to ruin things and knowing this Congress as we do, they will. Alot to fix. Where to start is the question. JMO
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2009 at 3:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic