Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, April 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How MiddletownUSA is Different than the Journal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How MiddletownUSA is Different than the Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How MiddletownUSA is Different than the Journal
    Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 5:41pm
The Middletown Journal is a morning newspaper published in Middletown, Ohio seven days a week by the liberal news media Cox Communications.

Each day readers get a left leaning view of the news. The editoral section has banned Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter and many other conservative voices. You pretty much have to be a syndicated liberal to get your editoral published in the Journal. That's funny since this is such a conservative area.

The focus of the Journal is to report every bad thing they can find and often ignore good, pro-business news. There are too few positive news articles. If you want to hear about rapes, car wrecks, shootings and murder, the Journal is your best option.

One redeeming quality, the Journal does feature excellent sports writing from Skip Weaver and his staff.

MiddletownUSA is the exact opposite of the local newspaper. We have horrible sports writing (but we are working on it).

MiddletownUSA.com is open to all points of view. We see things from the point of view of a small business person not a large media corporation.

This business viewpoint tends to look conservative because most small business men and women are more conservative thank liberal. They prefer lower taxes on their businesses, less government intervention.

When it comes to posters on the blog, we have a strict code of ethics and do not allow profanity or slander. (Rampant on the Journals website)

We encourage the people of Middletown to post news and information about Middletown. There is no charge to advertise your event, group or to blog about your business. In fact, we want to encourage every business to post info about themselves on the Featured Business Link.

With your help, we can get the good word out about Middletown, Ohio.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 6:14pm
Oh please ....... I agree with you about the sport's writing but...... The Left wing media again!!! Everything thing's a conspiracy to you folks....
All you need to do is go to the "Fair and Balanced" Fox people for any of  far right personalitys you'll ever need. I looking forward to  Al Frankin's column any day now. 

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 8:03pm
Jonathan-Concerning your comment about the Journal being a left leaning liberal publication. Question- how do you explain the fact that the Journal has, in the past and will in the future, endorse any and all Republican conservative candidates for all Butler County offices??? Running as a Dem in this area is a death warrant when asking for an endorsement from this newspaper.IMO,the Journal demonstrates support/rejection for BOTH parties depending on the subject matter. You also state that "most small business men and women are more conservative than liberal and prefer lower taxes on their businesses and less government intervention". I would imagine that the liberal business owners prefer less taxes and less gov. intervention as well as this is logical business sense no matter what your political leanings. I don't believe that only conservatives have a lock on that thinking. As for publishing only left leaning views- I have read pro conservative articles in the Journal at various times. They have been intermingled with the liberal views. I see evidence that there are offerings from both sides.It has been argued for a long time that this area may be suffering from a one party rule, giving the Repubs free gratis to do as they please with no opposition. This area is a bastion for conservatism. You, being a conservative, should feel right at home here and very satisfied with the amount of power/influence the Repubs have enjoyed.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 9:18am

I am specifically speaking about the liberal bias on the editorial page. I can not blame the local people. They work for Cox News. A very liberal media. No anti-family event is ever missed. Thank god we get to see every gay pride parade and hear about how bad companies are because they have to lay off workers.

Actually, as an American with pride for my country, I was highly offended by the constant negative cartoons of President Bush. There was no balance there. And which way did those cartoons lead, always against the president.

Lets look at the regular editorialists. Today are:

Cal Thomas
Clarance Page
Elmon Prier

2 to 1 and this is a good day. What message is being broadcasted on the editorial page?
I see the NYT, WP and LAT more than NYP, WT. They rarely publish from expressly conservative papers, a practice the is regularly done for liberal ones.

Where are the conservative voices?

Today's editorial states, "It's disappointing that the package did not receive support from any republicans." That is a left hand point of view.

I would have written that editorial this way, which leans right, but is more center- "It was quite impressive that the republicans could garner 100% support in opposition of the bill. Even Obama criticized the package because he would like to see more tax stimulus (cuts) for business and he also said that he would like to see some spending cut."

I rest my case. The paper leans to the left and MiddletownUSA leans right.

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 9:24am
There is no left wing conspiracy, its just that the left owns most of the media.

It is their nature to do what they believe. I am not criticizing, I am pointing out facts and contrasting them with the political leanings of MiddletownUSA.com.

I really really did not mean to offend any liberals. We need both points of view so we may better have a discussion. If everyone agreed, there wouldn't be much to say.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 9:36am
Jonathan-No need to be offended. Just give it time. There will be plenty of cartoons and negative press to satisfied your appetite for balance. Obama will be a dart board before long. Happens to all Presidents. No Repub/Conservs in gay pride parades? All companies are run by Repub conservatives? Is that what you are suggesting in your first paragraph? On other days, there is a 2 to 1 balance to the Conservative side on articles. Varies. Conservative voices? Limbaugh, Coulter, Ingraham, and others don't get enough press for you- plus their influence on the radio??? The package didn't receive any support from Repubs? Isn't that a fact? If so, then you must be bothered by the way it was worded. Is this really that important? Would it have made any real difference to the reader? Do we really need to be that concerned about how a statement is put together as long as the message FACT was included?
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 9:59am
It is the exception that the cartoon will be right leaning, as for the editorial writers, you would have to prove it because I don't believe it for one minute.

Not enought George Will! Why did they stop publishing Will for gosh sake? Here is his Jan 25th editorial:

What are the duties of the Republican opposition at a moment like this?

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 12:03pm
no stomach for Limbaugh or Coulter

Maybe this site could grow readership by printing or linking the articles by George Will, Machelle Malkin , Cal Thomas et al. Could cause a tremendous surge in readership/site hits.
The area could use the balance.
Just look what evolved with Fox News!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 12:44pm
Please add Fareed Zaccariah(sp?) to the mix

3 years ago, I was fortunate to attend a round table discussion between Zaccariah and George Will. It was outstanding(and in Hawaii)!

I will be back there in a month, where the keynote speakers will be the elder George Bush and his wife Barbara.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 2:13pm

I don't understand how someone could read any Cox Publication and think it was fair.

Look at Keith Oberman (MSNBC) and his outrageous worst person in the world segment. Olberman, aka Overbyte spewed hate speech about George Bush, Fox New and Bill O as he calls Bill O'Rieley. BillO has been the worse person in the world more than any other 2 people in Overbytes nightly tirade on the right.

He is the poster child for the Left Wing Media.
scrapmonkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrapmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 4:00pm
The Journal is rag ! I quit buying it because it never reports anything worth reading. Most crime in Middeltown is never reported. Then they shrank the paper and redone it and made it even worse,if thats possible. I never seen a newspaper as bad as the Journal,it's a real disgrace.
scrapmonkey

"Civilization begins with order,grows with liberty,and dies with chaos"~Will Duran
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic