FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Morgan Honda

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joe Morgan Honda
    Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 10:22am

Joe Morgan Honda will cost between $5 million and $10 million to buy, build and open.

Voss said Honda does a number of surveys to determine the growth in an area to see if it is capable of supporting a new dealership.

There are four Honda dealerships in the Dayton area, including White-Allen Honda, Matt Castrucci Honda, Hidy Honda and Voss Honda in Tipp City.

Bill Murphy, Middletown's former director of economic development, said a recent study of the Middletown/Warren County region showed $413 million was being spent on automobiles in that area.
Source:

1. Former Cincinnati Red, auto dealer partner on Joe Morgan Honda ...

Joe Morgan, the Baseball Hall of Fame second baseman and commentator for ESPN, and John Voss, owner of the Voss Auto Network, have partnered to open a Honda ...
    www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2008/06/23/story18.html - 71k -
  2. Voss, Morgan partner on new Honda dealership - Dayton Business ...

John Voss, president of the Voss Auto Network, is partnering with former Cincinnati Reds player Joe Morgan on a new Honda dealership in Middletown. ...
    www.bizjournals.com/dayton/stories/2008/06/16/story3.html - 69k -

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 4:30pm
I heard this dealeraship is being built in Monroe, not Middletown.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 7:52pm
I'll bet it ain't gonna be in Middletown.  When you have a Ford Dealer and most of the time all they advertise on TV are their Used cars it makes you go........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what is wrong with your new cars.

What is wrong, is most people in Middletown can't afford the NEW Ones.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 9:49pm
Didn't we just have a dodge/chrysler/jeep dealership go out of business?
Does this make sense?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 6:54am
It doesn't matter if it makes sense, as long as it is their money.

Of course, if Joe and Mr. Voss get a $50K loan from the taxpayers, fail to get the proper buiding permits, erect illegal signs, etc.,  then that is another matter!!!
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 9:29am
I think it makes sense.

Its the right product and the right location. I might just buy a honda if the dealership is so close. But if I had to drive 15 to 20 miles, forgetaboutit.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 10:06am
Honda's are made in Ohio. So buying a Honda could be good for Ohio.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 11:35am
Good luck Mr. Morgan.

I would not want to be in your biz rght now. 
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2009 at 10:40am
I notice that one of the reasons that Morgan/Voss Honda gave for choosing Monroe was the GOOD EXPOSURE from I-75!!

I guess they didn't like Middletown's "hide all businesses except historic blacksmith shoppes" policy.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2009 at 5:01pm
So Middletown doesn't have 9-12 acres they need? Sounds like Monroe beat us to the deal.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2009 at 6:39am
MM- EVERYBODY beats us to the deals when it comes to economic development even though we have a Director, manager and I'm sure we're working on some kind of VP slot in that department to get 'er good and top heavy! Morgan could have located his dealership over by Wal-Mart(across the street?) which would have given him I-75 exposure and easy access to I-75. That area is zoned business/non-residential isn't it? There's enough land around there for a car dealership. The new plan for the get-off at I-75 is taking all of the "I-75" exposure land for businesses that demand it. The prime location "exposure" land is being eaten up by the land grabbing ramps to the interstate on the east side of the overpass. Goes clear back to the old Score dealership.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2009 at 7:52am
Vet:
Regarding "exposure from I-75", you might want to check the codified City Ordinances.  Generally speaking, highly visible signs are no ponger permissilbe.  Signs must be small, low to the ground, and screened by shrubbery, if I am not mistaken.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2009 at 12:07pm
Mike- I'm glad that the criteria for advertising a business, according to the "Codified City Ordinances" are to have small, low lying, shubbery ladened locations. This makes perfect logical sense in a "Middletown sort of way". Let me guess, these requirements are the result of business guru Marty Kohler. He has always demonstrated a real knack for logical planning for our fair city! Thanks Martin! I was just talking about an I-75 location for Morgan's Honda place- sounds like finding the correct signage is another issue thanks to our "business friendly" city rules.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic