FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happen to the Obama Love Fest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happen to the Obama Love Fest
    Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 8:40am
Obama wants to make Rush the face of the Conservative party and the whole time Obama and his admin have become the best reason to Vote the Republicans back in in two and take the White House in 4.

He's ticked off half of Amercia and his Poll numbers are dropping faster than Bushes.
He's ticked off the Vets and Military with this crazy put Wounded Warriors on their Families Private Insurance Policy.
He's pissed off the Networks with his over use of the Networks and causing millions in losses for them.
He has got Pelosi, Reid, Dodd and Franks out making fools of themselves.
He doesn't appear to know which item he wants to tackle first just throw all of the crap against the wall and see what sticks.
He's playing gotcha with Rush and a few other conservative notables, like he doesn't have enough to do.
He has a stimulus package which no one in DC even knows what is in it and he let Pelosi write the damn thing.
and on and on and on and all in 60 days.  God help us the next 46 months, we are going to need it.

GO OBAMA GO.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, CONSERVATIVES BACK IN POWER IN 2.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 10:09am
Now not only is Pelosi in Charge we have Forgien governments dictating Policy.

Guantanamo Detainees May Be Released in U.S.

By EVAN PEREZ

WASHINGTON -- Attorney General Eric Holder said some detainees being held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, may end up being released in the U.S. as the Obama administration works with foreign allies to resettle some of the prisoners.

Mr. Holder, in a briefing with reporters, said administration officials are still reviewing individual cases of the approximately 250 detainees to determine which will be put on trial and which may be released to comply with plans to close the detention facility by next year.

Six weeks into his tenure, Mr. Holder is still trying to assemble much of the Justice senior leadership, with several nominees awaiting Senate confirmation. He said he has reviewed the department's handling of white-collar criminal cases in response to the financial crisis and is considering ways to increase coordination on financial fraud among federal prosecutors and state officials. He said he is trying to increase the budget dedicated to white-collar crime, while maintaining funding for national security.

European justice ministers met with Mr. Holder earlier this week and pressed for details on how many Guantanamo prisoners the U.S. planned to release domestically, as part of any agreement for allies to accept detainees. Mr. Holder said U.S. officials would work to respond to the questions European officials have over U.S. Guantanamo plans.

For "people who can be released there are a variety of options that we have and among them is the possibility is that we would release them into this country," Mr. Holder said. "That process is ongoing and we've not made any determinations or made any requests of anybody at this point."

Among the detainees whose fate remains undetermined are 17 ethnic Uighurs, from the Central Asian region of China, who have been ordered released by a judge. The U.S. has refused to turn the men over to China, which considers them part of an separatist group.

Mr. Holder is planning to visit Mexico next month to meet with his counterparts and discuss efforts to fight the trafficking of guns from the U.S. into Mexico and the drug trade from Mexico into the U.S.

"The Mexican government has been courageous in the way it has confronted the problems that now challenge it," Mr. Holder said, noting the violence that has resulted from battles against the drug cartels in Mexico.

Write to Evan Perez at evan.perez@wsj.com

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
scrapmonkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrapmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 12:41pm
After eight long years of Bush jr. I had high hopes for Obama,but he slapped me in the face with his $13 a week extra in my pay check and then raised taxes. I think there is not much difference now days between the parties. Maybe our next prez should be from the Green party or communist party. Ouch
scrapmonkey

"Civilization begins with order,grows with liberty,and dies with chaos"~Will Duran
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 2:40pm
I was hoping for the best, but Obama has made things worse, not better. I think everyone who owns anything is afraid of what he is doing and worse, what he might do.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 3:14pm
So.... I take it you guys don't approve of the "Bama" hey?? To be able to raise h--- about a Pres you detest- Is this a great country or what??? Have at it folks. You're experiencing the same anger that we on the other side of the fence felt when Bushie Junior was in there. Turn about is fair play. Keep blastin' away gentlemen. It's a good stress reliever.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 3:27pm
Vet, As with Bush, I think Obama is a nice guy.
However, I think that his continuation (and in some ways, expansion) of Bush's response to the current financial crisis will prove to be disasterous.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Vet, As with Bush, I think Obama is a nice guy.
However, I think that his continuation (and in some ways, expansion) of Bush's response to the current financial crisis will prove to be disasterous.

Exactly.. some of the lame stuff they are passing now they are actually justifying it by saying it's a continuation of the Bush agenda so it's not their fault.

But these are the people who told us for month after month how stupid Bush was and now they use him as an excuse to pass new and retarded spending bills?

Give me a break.
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 3:59pm
Hey Vet I am not angry and Unlike the nut jobs on the left who hated Bush, I don't hate Obama.  It is his Policies that are dragging him down and that I disagree with.Thumbs%20Down

Currently I think Obama is  the Republicans best Campaigner for the Republicans to sweep back in to Congress in 2 years.

I take it you think he is doing a wonderful job in his first 60 days?  You sound just like those bitter Dems on MSNBC and Moveon.org.  Unfortunate.

Thomas Jefferson
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 5:06pm

IMO It all ended when GW pushed through the first bail-out to the financials, with no controls or regulatory conditions. This second round(renamed as THE STIMULUS(obviously to take advantage of the media's  fascination witth male inhancement tools), puts us so far under, that we will never recover to a meaningful financial position.

Obama will hopefully be better than Bush
If not......................................
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 6:05pm

Question for today...

Why do politicians have all the answers before the election and none of the answers after? Disapprove

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2009 at 6:59am
Pacman- No, at this point in time I don't have any confidence in his direction. It troubles me that he said no more pork and that his administration was going to go line by line through legislation to assure that it made sense. Hasn't happened. The bailouts are turning into a fiasco as we are all finding out (after the money has been paid) and companies like AIG are mis-using the funds for bonuses. Auto industry can't get their act together, etc, etc. Why did they give any of these companies one dime, until they had agreement on a contract as to specific stipulations as to the money use AND, removed all of the people responsible for the companies collaspses in the first place. You don't give money to the same people who drove the company into financial crisis. Isn't logical. As to the bitterness comment- yes, I have never liked Bush Jr. but I despised Cheney. The Repubs have their share of bitter people too. Have you heard Boehner lately. NOTHING pleases this guy.(Pelosi and Reid are just as bad by the way- problem children) Like many, he's not contributing/offering suggestions/working toward a solution- just standing back and criticizing. The country's problems are much bigger than the petty arguments between the Repubs and Dems. The Washington babies on both sides need to drop the petty political crap and hash out a solution to save the country but their egos won't let them. If the nation doesn't like the way Obama is handling things, perhaps we should hear from the Repubs (especially Boehner) to hear their ideas on addressing this cluster. And please, don't give us a copy of the Bush Jr. plan. We've been there, done that-didn't work either.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2009 at 9:55am
Let me see.....he's been in office 60 days plus.
The legacy from Bush was unlike any financal meltdown every seen....
and you guys are complaining how dare he not have fixed it by now.....

Where we are now was about an era of little regulation ushered in by the conservatives who lived by Reagan's matra that a totally free market will regulate  it's self. 

Personally, I wouldn't have found the corporate bonus thing of such immediate importance
because the house is on fire and there are much more important issues to deal with.

And please don't tell me how dare he go on Jay Leno for twenty minutes. Three other Republican Presidents have been on the tonight show. The difference from Bush is that Obama can actually speak in full sentences...
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2009 at 10:36am
Vet:
My sentiments exactly! 
Spoken like a true conservativve, my friend!!!

(I mean that sincerely, and as a compliment!!!  Remember, conservative does NOT equal Republican!!!)  Thumbs%20Up
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2009 at 11:16am
Vet you are right.  If Obama can make overtures to Iran, Russia, Venezula, etc. why can't the Dems make them across the aisle.  They are the party in power and have been for a few years now in Congress and are controlling pretty much what happens in the House and Senate.  It takes two to tango and both sides need to get off their asses and work together.

2000+ I could care less if Obama goes on Leno.  Personally I would of preferred a venue that asked him more than what his bowling score is.  The problems that resulted in the Meltdown were in the making long before GW was President and he contributed to them.  It doesn't take much to talk in full sentences when you are reading off of a tele prompter to even give a 2 minute speech.

Thomas Jefferson
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2009 at 8:51pm
Personally I think that we should have voted out every hack in DC  this past Nov. I believe that the only way to resolve a lot of the problems is through term limits. The President can only run 2 times I believe Congress should only be allowed 2 terms of 3 years each and the Senate should only hold 1 term of 6 years and NO RETIREMENT. We'll never see that unless we start our country over from scratch . We must only elect strict Constitutionalist those who do as the people say and what the Constitution allows. 
scrapmonkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrapmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Question for today...

Why do politicians have all the answers before the election and none of the answers after? Disapprove

Well stated Vivian !! He got the people behind him & got elected and now he's turned his face away from the wind. He's starting to make Bush jr. look smart.

scrapmonkey

"Civilization begins with order,grows with liberty,and dies with chaos"~Will Duran
Truth Teller View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Teller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 6:08am
How ironic that the City Manager and some City Council members repeatedly proclaim the blessings of the recent flood of 'Monopoly' money from out-of-control Washington, D.C. bureaucrats to help rescue our community.  Never mind that all of this 'freshly printed green stuff' courtesy of 'Big Brother' further mortgages the future of our beloved country and sentences younger generations to a bleak standard of life.

The truth will set the captives free!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic