FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Park Board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Park Board
    Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 5:24pm
From the MJ:

Park board member resigns

By Ed Richter

Staff Writer

Monday, April 06, 2009

MIDDLETOWN — Gary Barge has submitted his resignation as a member of the Middletown Park Board, citing the board "is nothing more than a pass-thru board."

Barge submitted his resignation via email to Council Clerk Betsy Parr before 4 p.m. Monday, April 6.

Barge told The Journal that "it's a big game" and expressed frustration at how the advisory committee is working with council and how things are not working well.

"We don't need to be there," he said. "It's a waste of the city's gas and electric to meet."

"I volunteered my butt off working in the parks but the park board doesn't get recognized for what they do," Barge said.

In his resignation notice, Barge said "all the recommendations and motions I have brought to the forefront to better our parks have been overtaken by other community organizations."

He said that organizations such as Keep Middletown Beautiful and Middletown Pride in Action have overtaken the park board's role in the community.

Barge said he felt with the additional knowledge that he's gained as a park board member on how the city functions... it would be the morally correct thing for me to do (by resigning his seat). I feel that my time and efforts to move this city forward would be better in an elected position."

He said he's "still pondering" about running for the 1st Ward council seat that is currently held by Vice Mayor Jim Armbruster, who is also council's liaison to the park board.

"It's too early yet and I haven't made a decision, but I more than likely will (run for the council seat).

Parr said council will consider Barge's resignation at its April 21 meeting.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 5:35pm
I forgot to add: Go for it Gary!!! We need help. You would have my vote if I lived in the 1st Ward. Big%20smile
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 5:41pm
Sorry to hear a good VOLUNTEER has resigned from the Park Board.
Truth Teller View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Teller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 6:07pm
The Middletown City Council desperately needs fresh, independent and cost-effective thinking!  Good luck Gary!
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 8:45pm
Is this the same committee who supposedly butchered Sunset Park? (soundoff)
Gary Barge View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 9:23pm
You can say that
Truth Teller View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Teller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 11:47pm
It's refreshing that Gary Barge has exposed yet another aspect of the sorry state of local government in Middletown.  His election to the Ward 1 seat on the City Council will bring needed reform and put an end to the control of elitist power brokers.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 6:01am
Thank you Gary for telling the truth about that bunch down there. If I were you I would tell the public every thing I knew about that bunch down there. It is a shame all the hard work and good ideas you gave them and Ann Mort took all the credit. At least someone has BALLS enough to tell what is going on at city hall.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 6:28am

BIG QUESTION?
With all the equipment that the City owns… could someone please tell me why we do not have a City Tree Trimming Crew? Every time I have called the City about the dead trees at the cemetery they wring their hands and cry that it cost a $1,000 or more to cut down a big tree and we don’t have the money…..so rather than cut the dead tree or limb down they wait for a big storm so they can cry they have $2,000 worth of damage.
Yep…that’s a good plan.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic