FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few words to the wise...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few words to the wise...
    Posted: May 14 2009 at 7:10am
...and to city hall!

Oppression sires rebellion. History has taught us this over and over. If forced to suffer enough oppression even the weak, the hungry, the ragged, the poor, the young, the infirm, and all other manner of downtrodden will rise up, join together and throw off their chains. Those who have not learned this from history and try to rule by oppression will eventually be educated to this fact by that hardest yet best teacher: experience.

All local, state, and federal governments would do well to heed those words.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 7:49am
Mike thats why I support term limits to all elected officials. 2 terms regardless of office they will do the peoples work that sent them to office . Also do away with all the fringe benefits they recieve for serving I can't believe the Congress of the United States gets a retirement after 1 term . Then we have our locals who become dictators to the public who THEY serve
they only serve their personal interest not the city of Middletown. They get reelected over and over then also get a retirement being kept by the citizens of Middletown and Ohio.
 The citizens of Middletown throw all those bums out next election. Middletown Citizens lets work on term limits for our city council and Mayor. Thats a start then lets work on the rest 
weaalready have it at the state level.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 8:03am

I’m all for term limits for our City officials because they are now out of control. They no longer serve the citizens of Middletown.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 9:02am
Right on Vivian, sounds like something that needs to be added to the City Charter.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 9:26am
Great idea! Clear out the dead wood and bring on some new representation and new ideas! Kudos once again to Vivian.

Hey...Elect Vivian for Mayor of Middletown!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 11:47am

No! No! If there is one thing you reeeally need to know about me it’s
” I don’t play well with others”. Just ask anyone that has ever sat on a board with me. But I will help in any way I can to make Middletown a better place for EVERYONE to live.

We need to regain control of City Hall.
We need the citizens of Middletown to have a voice in their town again.

makeadifference View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeadifference Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 1:12pm
Vivian - that is why you would be good.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2009 at 8:45am
Vivian- I don't think anyone on this forum plays well with others if the "others" you mention are in the same mold as the current crew downtown. The folks here are right. Why don't you consider a run at Council? I would like to see the Spider, Mike, Pacman and others here on this site run also. Offering a totally different choice to the voters in November is the only way we can clean house this year. Otherwise, we will continue to see the city die with the same    's running the circus. Of course, that is Phase 1. Phase 2 will be the deadwood cleanout at city hall from the city manager on down after the election of the "new breed" of leadership is in place.
Go Buckeyes! View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Buckeyes! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2009 at 10:17am
Amen, Viet Vet!  You continue to speak the people's truth!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic