FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Helping Out/ Chat With Council Restart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helping Out/ Chat With Council Restart
    Posted: May 30 2009 at 9:10am
Just saw a segment on TV about the mayor of Toledo behind the lawnmower cutting grass in a city park to save the city some money.( Note: it's a re-election year for him by the way) Just wondered if, perhaps, our city council, city manager and other directors of city departments would want to tackle a lawnmower in this town to save money???? Hey- If I saw that, I'd bring my mower and join 'em!     Any takers at city hall that enjoy mowing grass? How about you Ms. Mort?

On a separate note---- If the good folks on Council and the folks at the "think tank" down at city hall read this, I'd like to issue a challenge to each of you to restart the "Chat With A Council Member" where we could ask questions and you would be "set up" to answer them. This request is due to the mayor's insistence that you're "just not set up to answer questions" at regular council meetings and we mere citizens have no way to communicate with you other than E-Mails. I'd also like to challenge the city manager and department director's to make themselves available to answer some questions regarding our little town- not privately, but in a community forum atmosphere. Any brave takers on Council or in the city building???
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2009 at 11:15am
It would also be nice to have the City Access TV, AKA Public Access, TV Middletown there also Vet.

Public Access TV: 

In the United States, public access is an alternative system of television which originated as a response to disenchantment with the commercial broadcast system, and in order to fulfill some of the social potential of cable television.[1]

Public Access was created to provide a free-speech forum, open to all (first-Amendment soapbox component) on a first-come, first-serve basis without discrimination or favoritism based on content. It should be noted that the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is not public access television and has no official connection with PEG. PBS is funded partly by government and tax resources, and partly by private grants and contributions. PEG is funded by cable television companies through subscription fees, and also by private grants and contributions. PBS does not regularly provide free use of facilities to produce programming.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2009 at 10:48pm
Viet, They don't to talk to us. All they want is our money and for us to stay out of their way while they run this city in a bigger mess than they already have. They are just holding on till they can get themselves a pension and leave everyone else holding the bag ( like Bush beer did)
General Patton View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 5:43pm
SECTION 8 MEGA EXPANSION A PLANNED(?) POLICY

Shortly after moving here in late December 2006, I was introduced by a former member of my staff to someone who was (at the time) very, very influential in the philanthropic community here.  I'll never forget how this well-known personality in the non-profit world took issue with two City staff members regarding the planned(?) expansion of the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program in recent years.  They went on to tell me that this ill-thought advocacy would have a major negative impact on the City of Middletown for years to come.

I respect the identity of this person to withhold their identity.  These comments were made in the presence of a former employee of mine whose identity I choose to also withhold at this time.

NRS
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 6:55am
General- I hear, from time to time, that there are influential people here in town that don't like the direction the town is going. If that's true, wonder why these people don't join us in organizing some resistance against those that are destroying the city? Guess they want to remain annonymous to protect their interests. Section 8 housing having major impacts for years to come is an understatement. The Section 8 fiasco is already affecting the entire town as to image, poverty, school performance, crime in town, lowering of the per capita income, tax revenues, etc. It's a disaster, especially at the current high levels of 1662+. CLEAN THE COUNCIL/SCHOOL BOARD HOUSES IN NOVEMBER!FOLLOWED BY FORCED DEADWOOD RESIGNATIONS AT ONE DONHAM PLAZA!!! Rid the city of the excess Section 8. Get the number down to where it's suppose to be. Close down the slum lords and their rental dumps. Either fix 'em up or we'll bulldoze 'em at your expense. No more welfare town themes for this town.
General Patton View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 7:11am
Viet Vet -

Stay tuned for the results of the upcoming so-called HUD Columbus Field Office "MONITORING" of the local CDBG and HOME Program grants.  It's been a number of years since any Federal official took a  look (cursory or detailed) at what goes on here.  I'm predicting that their outcome will be a rosy one and that the former employee (and now-defunct citizen's committee) that tried to expose and straighten out HUD problems may be made scapegoats.  The Queen of Middletown will make much of this so-called "CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH" however, she will continue to remain relieved that a detailed AUDIT was not performed instead.  Stay tuned.

General Patton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic