FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We will be ALLOWED to attend!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We will be ALLOWED to attend!
    Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 7:00am

Board sets meeting focusing on superintendent search

By Meagan Engle
Staff Writer
9:39 PM Sunday, June 14, 2009

The public will be allowed to attend a meeting at which the Middletown Board of Education will discuss its search for a new superintendent, despite an initial notice the meeting would be private.

The board will hear proposals from two consultants — the Ohio School Boards Association and Carney, Sandoe & Associates, a Boston-based firm.

The special meeting is set for June 22 in the administration building at 1515 Girard Ave.

ALLOWED??? Excuse me??? What exactly do they mean that “the public will be ‘ALLOWED’ to attend the meeting???

I am sorry, but it is about time that Middletown’s public officials (including their attorneys, prosecutors, law directors, and similar functionaries) learn that section learn what OCR 121.22 (G)(1) really means!!!

When it says that an executive session “MAY be held” “To consider the appointment, employment, dismissal, discipline, promotion, demotion, or compensation of a public employee or official”, that means a public employee or official that ALREADY IS a public official or employee!!! It does NOT mean simply discussing “a” position that they may or may not fill or create!!!

This is NOT a “catch all” that allows a “prearranged discussion of public business by a majority of a public body” about ANYTHING having to do with ANY position, whether real or imaginary, in the galaxy!!! It refers to a “DISTINCT PERSON”, and NOT a generic position!!!.

The citizens of Middletown MUST stop allowing themselves and their rights to be trampled upon in this manner if we desire our city to continue to exist!!!

PS: The Middletown Journal would NOT allow me to make this comment to this story on their web page, even after I edited it to less than 500 characters.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 9:17am
unvelievable--
We need to all show up at a meeting to voice our concerns over these type of issues and just exactly who is representing whom around here. Council and School Board.

Plus we can spark wide support for Mr.Sauter's recent actions.

jmo
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 10:55am
It's always fascinating how elected officials suddenly decide to "allow" the people who elected them to sit in on proceedings. They probably want to keep this hush-hush so they can pick another Price. The school board needs to go !!
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 11:03am
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all the board members for allowing the taxpaying citizens and myself(gosh, I'm grateful to them) to attend a special meeting to talk about the selection of the new superintendent. You know, the super that will have his salary paid by the general public taxpayer and the school system that is financed by our tax dollars as well as the Girard St. building that the meeting will be held in. This is not to ignore the fact that the school board members are suppose to be administering the school policies on behalf of the citizens that placed them in office in the first place, put there through the grace of the voter and the taxpayer bond money that was used to build their college campus type elementary schools recently. If anything, they should be asking us if it's convenient for us and our schedules to accomodate us being there. I think we can file them in the clueless elitists category on this one. Could you just see their faces if we flooded the room with angry people??   
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 12:02pm
Mike:
I can't believe the MJ would not allow your post. The press should always be after the truth rather than try to be politically correct.

Please know that you are welcome to post your informative thoughts here. With people like you and many other posters, the check and balance that the press is supposed to provide is now being replaced with a better governement check and balance...the voice of the people from the people.

Thanks for making known what others in government want to keep private.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 12:44pm
Were it not for MiddletownUSA none of the mismanagement and waste of HUD funds would be known by many more citizens.  The next whitewashing of this mess that I have reported on will be late last week's so-called "MONITORING REVIEW" of the City of Middletowm's HUD-funded programs.AngryAngryAngry  The truth will set the captives free!

Truth Teller/Perplexed/Smokey Burgess
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 2:30pm
CITY OF MIDDLETOWN RESIDENTIAL DEMOLITION BLITZ

At tomorrow night's City Council meeting I trust that someone will ask the City Manager to provide addresses of the 22 residential properties already targeted for the wrecking ball.  In addition, the City has ample funds to demolish 40 more residential properties.  Will most of this activity be concentrated in Ward 2?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 2:43pm
Don't forget that we were told that the Code Enforcement Officers went all over the City. That the 2300 Code Enforcement letters that were sent were from ALL over the City.....Then we were later told they were from Ward 1 and Ward 2.
Watch Out Ward 2!! Here they come....
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 9:52pm
Where is the money coming from to demolish all these homes ? Who owns these houses ? Who profits from the demolition ? Have they posted condemned notices on these houses ?

Always more questions than answers.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic