FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KMart - One Heckofa Store

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KMart - One Heckofa Store
    Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 8:29am
I was so glad to see last night that KMart in town had repainted all the lines in the parking lot. I mean, with the 10 customers a day that go into that dump it was a real problem finding a place to park.

I'm glad they didn't invest that money in say... bleach. Who wants clean floors and countertops anyways? Not me, I want nice bright yellow lines to pull my car in between.

Ahh. I hate KMart. If it weren't right up the street from me I'd never go there, but it is and when I need something quick, it is unfortunately where I must turn.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 9:22am
You know whats great about Kmart? Nothing!! I went to Walmart a few weeks ago and bought something (cant recall what it was now) cost like $16 a few days later  I was at Kmart and the some thing was close to $27. I will bet that  this time next year Kmart will be closed. 
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 2:33pm
Doubtful. They are like a plaque that just keeps hanging around.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by here&now here&now wrote:

You know whats great about Kmart? Nothing!! I went to Walmart a few weeks ago and bought something (cant recall what it was now) cost like $16 a few days later  I was at Kmart and the some thing was close to $27. I will bet that  this time next year Kmart will be closed. 

Kmart is owned by Sears so the only way Kmart will go down is if Sears is in trouble. Sears stock is doing well,$64 last with a 52 week high of over $100. They only have 4 competitors so Kmart will hang on for a while yet.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 3:22pm
It is the other way around Kmart Bought Sears Holding Co. for $11 Billion in 2004.   Maybe the Kmart should close and Sears move into Kmarts store and just close the one at the mall.LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 4:17pm
Always had a decent experience at K-Mart. I have bought my Scott's lawn fertilizers there several times and have gotten some decent paint there with their M. Stewart brand paint. Bought bushes and flowers for the house there also. They seemed as good as the Bern's or Lowe's selections. Prices aren't totally out of bounds there. Never have been disappointed with Sears- especially their appliances, paint, tools and tires they offer. Both seem to offer good quality items/prices for the working man to consider. JMO
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

It is the other way around Kmart Bought Sears Holding Co. for $11 Billion in 2004.   Maybe the Kmart should close and Sears move into Kmarts store and just close the one at the mall.LOL

I stand corrected,I always thought it was Sears who bought Kmart. Pacman is right.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 6:07pm
Pac...I wouldn't be surprised if Sears moved into the K-Mart location while a misalignment.... oops!....realignment occurs at the Towne Mall area. Of course, if the K-Mart location or any location in town was turned into a Sears Tool & Hardware Store, I'd be a happy camper. Smile
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2009 at 12:34am
The former "downtown Middletown" is "BOOMING", according to our City Manager!!!

I wonder why Sears doesn't open a store there???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2009 at 7:37am
Downtown is booming Mike,just ask the hookers & drug dealers. I was at the red light at Baltimore & Central the other day,a toothless,homeless looking older lady asked if I was "looking". So yes Mike,business is booming !
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2009 at 11:50am
I stand proven corrected. KMart will be gone November 15 of this year...

http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1467
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2009 at 3:09pm
y'all just don't get it.
u act like losing K Mart is no big deal, or a GOOD thing.
Do any of you realize the total business volume in $$$ over the life span of that K Mart location, and how many jobs it provided over that time?

Well--let'just see what yer glorious Wal Mart,Target and Kohl's facilities look like in a few years after the Montoe Outlet Mall opens.

Not to mention the dilemma called Towne Mall, which smacks you in  the face as soon as you exit I-75 towards Middietown.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2009 at 10:24am
No Spider- I hate to see it go. I shopped there for alot of things and we had all the wife's prescriptions there too. Getting a little frustrating seeing all the shopping choices leaving the city. Never get a response from the city leaders whenever this happens do we? They indicate to me that they don't care. Should concern them as they are losing revenue everytime a business closes shop plus the residual effect of another empty building in a town that can ill afford it. Look at the S. Unversity area around the old Cambridge Inn and the old Target store. How about the former Kroger/Hills/call center (?) on S. Breile? Sad to see them now.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2009 at 6:25pm
Couldn't agree more vietvet, those areas look awful as you drive by. I hate to see K-mart go that I was three years old when they opened at that location. But it's over now the decision has been made to leave. Lets just hope more places dont pack up and go too.
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 2:26pm
I was there yesterday, weird feeling in that place. I heard a lot of the employees talking to shoppers who must come there often about the closing. Not the greatest store in the world but not the worst. Kmart lost it's identity several years ago when their CEO tried to compete with Wal-Mart, especially on price. Wal Mart has low prices because they have cut throat closed door deal makers throughout the globe and a highly efficient supply chain. KMart just started cutting prices without doing the hard work first, now look. They should compete with the Dollar Generals of the world or locate in lower income areas and charge higher prices.

Folks if you think Middletown is bad, have you been to downtown Springfield lately? I drove through there about 5PM on a Tuesday a few weeks ago and I felt like I was in a Stephen King book and everyone had died. Street after street of closed down industry and business.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic