FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Community Revitalization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Community Revitalization
    Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 11:43am
It is nice to see that we have a new topic on MUSA. Some of you may not know that we actually have a  Community Revitalization Director, his name is Doug Adkins.
If you would like to know more about  Middletown's Community Revitalization visit there web site at  Community Revitalization
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 11:48am
I'm excited lets all talk about Section 8 again or Demolishing some dilapitated homes.  Or getting what $8-10 million for homes that are past there prime.  Why not $8-10 Million to actually pave some roads, fix some infrastucture, bring in more businesses create some jobs, instead of just more low income housing fixes?  OK had my say.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 11:52am
Glad to know that we have someone in charge of such an important department.Thumbs%20Down  Where would Middletown be without it?  Aren't we lucky to live in a city that cares so much about its citizens. Thank You Middletown. Makes me want to move to Franklin, well maybe not Franklin Smile
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

I'm excited lets all talk about Section 8 again or Demolishing some dilapitated homes.  Or getting what $8-10 million for homes that are past there prime.  Why not $8-10 Million to actually pave some roads, fix some infrastucture, bring in more businesses create some jobs, instead of just more low income housing fixes?  OK had my say.

There are roads in town that need fixed? all this time i just thought my shocks on my car were shot. with the new bike path we wont need cars or roads we can just ride bikes past the hookers and dealers down town. wont that be fun
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 12:31pm
Miss Vivian Moon -

It was four weeks ago that you contacted senior Community Revitalization Department staff about the tall weeds and grass at the house adjacent to your residence.

I see where City-funded subcontractors apparently used a weed-whacker to reduce the tall growth.  Unfortunately, it looks like a haphazardly cut nightmare.  Will you ever get any satisfaction from these "public servants?"
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 12:54pm
Lets get some photos and post them here. Or send them to us for posting
web@xponex.com
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 1:42pm
Any business get a letter from the City yet telling you to paint a gutter or anything else?
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 2:39pm
I have never had the city tell me to fix something, but I did have an illegal sign once.
I had a 50 foot banner, attached to my building like a sign. It had to be removed.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 4:14pm
I take it that signage and banners etc will be factored into the inspections that have supposedly started of the Middletown Businesses.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 5:14pm
The increased Gestapo-like tactics of the brain trust at One Donham Plaza is a part of their BUSINESS RELOCATION (NOT RETENTION) PLAN.  One day soon the inspectors may be directed to wear brown uniforms with jackboots too!
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 5:40pm
HUD OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR GENERAL FOR AUDIT -- AN EXAMPLE OF A THOROUGH "AUDIT" OF A CDBG RECIPIENT (MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA -- THE RECENT HUD MONITORING VISIT OF THE CITY OF MIDDLETOWN WAS NOT AN AUDIT!!

HUD-OIG audited the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program administered by Miami-Dade County, Florida (County).  The objective of the audit was to determine whether the County administered its CDBG program in accordance with applicable U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requirements.

The County did not administer its CDBG program in accordance with applicable HUD requirements.  It did not comply with HUD requirements in meeting national objectives and performance goals and failed to recapture CDBG funds for canceled activities that did not meet a national objective.  As a result, it had no assurance that more than $4.6 million in expended CDBG funds achieved the intended national objective or met program requirements.  In addition, the County also did not accurately report CDBG financial and program information to HUD in accordance with federal requirements.  It failed to report CDBG program income for four activities, inaccurately reported program income for 2007, and reported inaccurate status and accomplishments of CDBG activities to HUD.  As a result, there is a lack of assurance that the County reported accurate CDBG financial and program information to HUD.

OIG recommended that the Director of the Miami Office of Community Planning and Development require the County to (1) provide documentation to support that CDBG program requirements were followed and national objectives and performance goals were met for eight activities or reimburse its program $4 million from nonfederal funds, and (2) recapture $649,143 expended for eight activities that had been canceled.  In addition, the Director should require the County to (1) ensure that CDBG program income is properly reported for four activities, and (2) implement and enforce written policies and procedures to ensure effective performance and compliance with HUD regulations for meeting CDBG national objectives and performance goals and reporting program information and income to HUD.

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 11:25pm
RECENT MIDDLETOWN JOURNAL HEADLINES..........WHAT A CITY WE'VE BECOME??

Police:  Man shot during home-invasion robbery at 2000 Winton Street

Police:  Teen hit woman in face with crowbar at Tytus Avenue home

Police:  First Avenue beating victim identified as City man

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 4:05am
WHAT IS THE CURRENT STATUS OF THE MANCHESTER INN'S DELINQUENT CDBG LOAN PAYMENTS??

Manchester Inn plans for grand re-opening
           Grand re-opening festivities planned for Friday

As of June 2008, there was an arrerage of $40,000+
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 5:37am
Hey Smokey
What was the total CDBG loan amount for the Manchester Inn?
This will all be brushed under the table and we will never hear of it again.
However CDBG funds couldn't be used for the cemetery vault because the City needed this money to help the poor people of Middletown...yes sir we really need to take care of THESE poor people.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 8:12am
The all-knowing bureaucrats at One Donham Plaza always know what is best for us peons!  I remember learning about the $40,000+ in delinquent loan payments involving the Manchester Inn.  I was told by a senior Planning Department staff member that it was money probably to be written off.  I believe that the original no- or low-interest HUD loan amount was $200,000 plus.  Of course, an oft-praised business on Central Avenue reportedly got much more than that.  I was not allowed to see those records.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 9:03am

WOW!.....How on earth did the Manchester Inn get this amount of loan money from the CDBG funds?

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

WOW!.....How on earth did the Manchester Inn get this amount of loan money from the CDBG funds?
How??  Simple!!! (And I've been telling everyone for years, but no one listens.)

If you are an "artsy-fartsy" type, or if you will serve "champaign and caviar" (or throw similar high end shindigs that the "wannabe aristocrats" can't afford--or are too cheap--to throw for themselves) and give lip service to the "grand plan" of an "Olde Tyme" playground for the illuminati, they are more than happy to "encourage your doing so" by funnelling big bucks your way that they happen to find "tucked away in some of our other funds"!!!  After all, once the taxpayers send it off, it doens't really belong to them any longer and only the elite really know the best uses for it.

They are doing us all a huge "favor" by steering OUR money into the pockets where it does the most good.  We just don't have the "smarts" to understand how smart they are!!

We should leave all of this up to them, and stay out of their way.  We are fortunate that they "ALLOW" us to attend a meeting occasionallly, but ONLY if we "RSVP" first!!!  (If the rest of us weren't all just part of the great unwashed, and if we had some "couth", we would understand that!)
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Smokey Burgess Smokey Burgess wrote:

Miss Vivian Moon -

It was four weeks ago that you contacted senior Community Revitalization Department staff about the tall weeds and grass at the house adjacent to your residence.

I see where City-funded subcontractors apparently used a weed-whacker to reduce the tall growth.  Unfortunately, it looks like a haphazardly cut nightmare.  Will you ever get any satisfaction from these "public servants?"

Update for Miss Vivian's little problem ............ Over the past 14 months the Community Revitalization Department's concern for your little nuisance abatement problem seems to remain the same despite much hollow City staff pontificating at City Council meetings." OuchOuch
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 11:53pm
I have never had the city tell me to fix something, but I did have an illegal sign once.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic