FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Obama Approval Index Rating = 0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obama Approval Index Rating = 0
    Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 5:54pm
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 33% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-three percent (33%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of 0 (see trends).

Full Report: Obama Approval Rating
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 6:09pm

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2009 at 12:25pm
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2009 at 9:57pm
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2009 at 10:00pm
It's Bush's fault!!!
Wink
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2009 at 10:48am
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2009 at 11:32am
Wow, but predictable.

People are now seeing what they voted for and they don't like it.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2009 at 11:43am
I agree John but how they didn't see this coming is beyond me.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 9:51am
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 11:23am
To all above- how would McCain have handled the recession,the loan fiascos, the bailouts and the unemployment? How would the Repubs have handled this situation if they were in control? What would you have done differently to fix our current situation? IE- what would you like to see done differently? The poll was done with 1500 people. Hardly enough to convince one that it is the "see all-tell all" gospel truth as to the country's thinking. What was the breakout of the 1500 asked? What income level %, what race %, what party lines? How many independents, Repubs, Dems were asked? Was the number skewed to the Repubs side? We can't tell by the info. offered. Just says "likely voters"???????
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 12:38pm
According to the U.S. Census there are over 300 million people in the U.S. and out of those 124 million voted (estimates only). So yeah,I can see where only 1500 "likely republican voters" could make a poll like that. Wacko

I think McCain,had he been elected,would have his hands full trying to find another VP. If Palin can't run a state how could she run the country ? Can you see Russia from Washington DC ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 4:09pm

Ah Hermes....you must read more.

The Value of Party Weighting for a Tracking Poll
Sunday, July 06, 2008

As we have noted many times, there is a disagreement within the polling industry as to whether or not polling firms should “weight” or adjust their sample to reflect a specific mix of Democrats, Republicans, and unaffiliated voters (see recent article on why some polls produce different results).

Rasmussen Reports does weight our sample to a set of partisan targets and bases those targets on surveys conducted in preceding months. Entering the month of June, our targets for the month were set so that the sample would include 9.44% more Democrats than Republicans. At the end of the month, a review of the data showed that if we had not used the party weights, the Democrats would have had a 9.37% advantage over the GOP. The bottom line is that—over the course of a full month—our results would have been the same with or without party weighting.

However, the value of party weighting for a tracking poll becomes clear when you look at the numbers on a day-to-day basis.

The table of data for June highlights the percentage of Republicans and Democrats in our sample each day in June. These numbers are derived after we weight for all factors except party and they show the expected statistical noise and results that bounce around generally within the margin of sampling error. The percentage of Republicans was within the margin of error from the full month sample on 29 of 30 days. For Democrats, there were four days where the daily results departed from the full month average by more than the theoretical daily margin of sampling error. But, in all cases, even those variances were quite modest.

Even these modest variations on a daily basis produced some significant differences in terms of the gap between Democrats and Republicans. On June 11, the gap was just 3.01 percentage points. On June 18, it was 16.4 percentage points.

To understand how this might impact a tracking poll, look at the final column in the table which shows a three-day rolling average of the gap between the parties. On days when the Democratic advantage is a bit larger, we would have showed a bigger lead for Obama. When it’s smaller, we would have shown McCain gaining ground. Pundits and bloggers would have tried to explain the bouncing by whatever the candidates had said or done in recent days even though most voters are not that closely attuned to the daily rhetoric.

In reality, of course, nothing happened. The fluctuations reported would have been nothing more than statistical noise. There has been little or no movement in the race for the White House since Barack Obama clinched the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Including leaners, Obama has been at 48% or 49% support in our daily Presidential Tracking Poll for twenty-one straight days leading up to the Fourth of July weekend. McCain has generally been at 43% or 44% during that time from. The full month results show Obama leading McCain 49% to 44%.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 4:11pm
And Vet you need to get away from the, What would McCain do?  McCain isn't in charge, is not calling the shots and is irrelevant at this point as the ball is clearly in the Dems Court. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 7:15pm
Alright Pac- we'll leave McCain out of it. I also asked the local critics how they would handle the bailout, poor economy, etc. Since some of the folks have made an effort to criticize, I thought, for interest and learning, that I would ask what they would like to see happen in the country to improve it. I jumped on the "criticizing Bush" bandwagon when he was running the ship and offered very little for alternate solutions- I thought I'd learn a thing or two on different perspectives since the situation was reversed. The intention is not to argue and unwinnable discussion. That's all.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 7:38pm
Last paragraph- "in reality,of course,nothing happened. The fluctuations reported would have been nothing more than statistical noise". The polls bounce around on a daily basis depending on the breakout of who is polled. If true, why pay any attention to these polls and why post them if they are meaningless and change daily? Answer- it is negative imagery and paints the opposition as a total failure, thereby making one feel good as to their political stand against the other party. You (with Obama) and me (when Bush was in office) massage our own anger issues by finding and throwing the dirt. We are both guilty of playing this game. It was our turn for 8 years to lob the grenades at Bush. It is now in your court to throw the barbs. Fair enough. A polarizing war that will never end. As Duvall said- "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
MerrellWood View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerrellWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 9:13pm
Vietvet .....I too "love the smell of napalm in the morning" One of the best 60's era lines ever uttered.

However, all kidding aside guys ... When it comes to Obama's #'s, ..... 6 months vs. 8 years?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 9:18pm
I don't believe that the Chosen One's #s have reached the GW Bush level yet, have they?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2009 at 11:42am
Pacman I just love messing with you. LOL
And as a die hard republican I am very dismayed with all that is taking place within the party. I'm actually thinking of changing parties,might even create my own.

Pacman & Vet you want to be the first two and sign up for my new party ? I'd love to have you both working for whatever cause we can find. Hug
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2009 at 9:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic