FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

neighborhood clean up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: neighborhood clean up
    Posted: Jul 02 2009 at 10:26pm
How much longer is the city going to keep harassing home owners about petty things. Your Gutters are rusty,your shed needs paint ,your cars can't be parked in the yard etc. We need more tax money I think its time we demanded equal rights how about Middletown repairing the streets , how about getting rid of the red light cameras, SOme of the section 8 housing, Last but not least how about making AK mow their grass and quit sinking money into a dying Central Ave downtown. How about getting some Jobs in this place that don't pollute .I'm not talking opening another Dollar store or fast food joint some real jobs. Then the city council quit spending friviliously on things we don't need. Arise Fellow Middletonians lets take our city back
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2009 at 2:50pm

Excellent statement retired co !! Clap

I just had a visit from the city building inspector doing follow up on the letters that were mailed a few months ago. He was really nice,not pushey or demanding,but he wanted to know when improvements would be made to my house. I wish now I had asked him when improvements would be made to my street,but I didn't ask. I've also had the police here telling me I need to "wash my car". (As if the police have nothing better to do)

But I agree 100% retired co....come November we clean house in city hall !!!!!!!!!
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2009 at 4:18pm
You're kidding, you had the cops there telling you to wash your car.....tell me you are joking.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2009 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

You're kidding, you had the cops there telling you to wash your car.....tell me you are joking.
I kid you not Pacman. The officer told me to wash my car and keep the street & sidewalk clean (grass in the cracks) He said a section of the street directly in front of my house was MY responsibilty and I needed to clean grass out of the cracks in the street. Plus He said the city could and would tow my car at my expense plus I'd have to pay the impound fee. Now my car at the time was no cleaner or dirtier than any other. This isn't a case of "mud hopping" or "hill climbing" type vehicles,this was my personal car.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2009 at 8:10am
The cop needs to learn where the home owner's property line ends in front of the house. It ends at the home side of the sidewalk. The city owns the sidewalk, the grass medium between the side walk and the street, but the property owner has assessments against his property to replace the sidewalk if needed. The homeowner has no responsibility to do anything in the street, including snow removal or pulling weeds. That's solely the city's job to do anything in the streets. The cop was out of line and wrong. As for the cop wanting your car washed- way out of line!!! You can't tow a car and impound it for being dirty. What's the matter with this clown? A call to the police chief and city manager would be made at this address explaining why I was rude to the cop for that request. NONE OF THE COPS BUSINESS unless it's an enforcible law that one has to have a clean car on ones property and one has to maintain the weed/grass population in front of their home. Was it some hotshot young cop trying to throw his authority around? Normally, I like cops and respect them, but in this case, this cop needs an attitude adjustment. Out of control authority needs to be met with resistance.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2009 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

I kid you not Pacman. The officer told me to wash my car and keep the street & sidewalk clean (grass in the cracks) He said a section of the street directly in front of my house was MY responsibilty and I needed to clean grass out of the cracks in the street. Plus He said the city could and would tow my car at my expense plus I'd have to pay the impound fee. Now my car at the time was no cleaner or dirtier than any other. This isn't a case of "mud hopping" or "hill climbing" type vehicles,this was my personal car.

Hermes, did you piss someone off at the city? Sounds like someone's watching you.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2009 at 8:45am
I can not believe what i am reading it almost left me speechless....Almost. I have never heard of such a thing.Wash your car or the city can tow it!!! That is ridiculous and kind a makes me want to drive around town in a dirty car and hope to run into the same officer just so we can argue. LOL This city that I love has lost its mind folks   
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2009 at 9:21am

Hermes next time ask for a copy of the Codified Ordinance that he is supposedly getting his info from.

Crap I drive a 15 year old van that I haven't washed in 5 years, I am probably on Middletowns 10 Most Wanted List by now.

Hey Middletown paints the sides of buildings now we can add a whole new art form to the Downtown area, Dirty Car Art, Hermes the City will love you then and your problems will be solved:

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2009 at 11:52am
Well that is what I was told and I played it cool I was in no hurry to have half the PD force in front of my house.
Yes the officer did look a little young but he was nice about it,I don't really think it was a power trip,I believe he actually thought that was the law and he could enforce it plus I think he was the "beautification" officer of the day.
The problem with the whole thing is he was doing this to me while hookers & drug dealers walked up and down the street. Apperantly I was more of a priority than real criminals.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2009 at 1:44pm

The problem Hermes is he is wrong and if he doesn't know that then maybe he is in the wrong profession.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2009 at 8:48pm
Hmm...I drive a 2002 model that hasn't been washed since it left the dealership back in early 2002, except by Mother Nature (I leave it parked outside in the rain)!!!  Many of Middletown's finest have seen it around town, and have parked next to it at various times.  None of them have every mentioned it being "dirty", and I can't imagine any of them doing so.

Is there "more" to this story?
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2009 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Hmm...I drive a 2002 model that hasn't been washed since it left the dealership back in early 2002, except by Mother Nature (I leave it parked outside in the rain)!!!  Many of Middletown's finest have seen it around town, and have parked next to it at various times.  None of them have every mentioned it being "dirty", and I can't imagine any of them doing so.

Is there "more" to this story?
It is rather hard to swallow,but factual. As I stated above my vehicles are not "mud hoppers" or "hill climbers" or any of that "redneck what ya doin dis weekend"type of crap. My vehicles are well maintained,licensed & insured.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2009 at 9:25am
Hermes >   I have a 1986 chevy s-10, I dont know when it was washed last. If a cop stops here and tells me to wash it, I will give him a bucket of soapy water and sponge and tell him to earn his money. He is not getting paid for this crap, is this some more of Aunte Anns bull sh*t.
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2009 at 10:22pm
CITY's HOUSING CODE ENFORCEMENT BLITZKRIEG UNDERWAY!!

Earlier tonight I received a phone call from a good friend who also happens to be a retired Ward 2 homeowner.  He notified me that the Community Revitalization Department recently sent him a "love letter" that cited the front porch of his modest home as needing paint.

This 79-year old African-American is a single man and was one of the very first Minorities to serve aboard a U.S. Navy submarine as an enlisted man after the integration of the milirary in the late 1940's.  He lives on a fixed income and does his best to keep his home presentable.  And, he has volunteered many hours of his time helping Middletonians.

I told him that I and others will purchase paint and materials to help him correct this "crucial problem"ConfusedConfused that the City has identified.  We do this because the City knows that there are 2,300 violators who must be reprimanded.

This man (and friend) is a real stand-up guy.  He was an active member of the now-defunct HUD Consolidated Planning Committee until City staff decided to "squash real citizen's participation" late last year.

Crack the whip Queen of Middletown!AngryAngry

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 8:53am
Anyone know what the cities connection is to these low interest loans they offer to fix up your house ? With 2300 letters of repair being sent out and the offer of loans almost sounds like something the mafia would do. Have you ever found your car with a flat tire and a guy standing 5 feet away who will sell you a much needed tire for 3 times the going price ? MMmmmm.........Shocked
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 9:29am
Good luck getting a low interest rate loan from the city.  You have to have perfect credit, low loan to value on your home, and low debt ratio.  They harder then the banks.
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 2:14pm
I say the low loans are a scam most all of us living on fixed incomes do the best we can with what we can spare. If you get a low loan and are unable to repay they will step in and take your home turn it over for a section 8 in My opinion. I personaly think as I stated before their are much more serious problems with Middletown. What good does it do to paint with the dirt and dust from unpaved streetsand polluting industry,section 8, a  school  system thats at the bottom of the pit, crime going up . Down at city hall everything is rosy they need to worry  more   about seniors , unemployed,disabled keeping their propertty up to standards. They stillsay nothing to those commerical and industrial property owners about unmowed grass deterioting buildings and those needing paint. As I said before  Middletonians  arise lets take our city back in November
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic