FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are they so Defensive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rocky2023 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky2023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are they so Defensive
    Posted: Jul 03 2009 at 12:03pm

I have been watching the recent Council meetings, specifically the June 30th meeting.  It is really unfortunate we have individuals that feel it is necessary to personalize every statement and comment.  In addition we have one specific member that feels the need to comment on every topic & discussion.  Most of these comments don't add value, just look at the other member expressions every time this individual begins to talk.  

It is really unfortunately this member (ASJ) has taken the position to internalize every comment as a personal attack.  What is very unprofessional are the methods and challenging questions that are ridiculous.  Let's face it, no one on the sub-committees went out and did $50K studies and reviewed governmental proceeding in making decisions for how often a committee should meet during a month.  The response and question alone shows limited thinking and detachment to reality.  

This meeting was truly a reflection of why we need to limit member terms.  We need new thinking and a business mentality / approach.  We need business thinking, someone that has lived in a boardroom and operated a company.  We don’t need the view that I have lived here so I am qualified, and, we will do it my way thinking.

Look at our town, each council member should be utterly embarrassed.  They need to take a step back and quit internalizing on the petty issues and make strategic decisions.  If you can’t do that, resign and let someone step into the position with qualification.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2009 at 2:54pm
"They" are defensive because "they" know what screwups they are. When you have no answers to simple or complicated questions you become defensive. Guilt also makes a person that way and if they are not telling the truth it happens. City council has no answers,they dug the hole and threw away the shovel.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2009 at 10:12am
I have a question: where did the Senior Citizens Group of Middletown get the money for summer long project that appears a useless expenditure of shoveling dirt and cutting down trees planted 50 years ago? Did this come from the federal stimulus funds as they obviously run on a tight budget or did the city provide the funds from the fed funds?

City council has been a joke for decades. Why does those posting keep acting as if city council has a magic bullet? They are no more competent than city hall, maybe even more incompetent and that's not a compliment. No good candidates ever run for office. There are no candidates remotely impressive or able to turn Middletown around in this election. Its the same every cycle, just like the horrific school board. Apathy abounds in Middletown, justifiably so.

Finally: for those so concerned about the rebirth of downtown, you should be more outraged that your houses are not selling, that you've lost two decades of net worth, and the city is addressing none of those issues. You evidently are more concerned about the real issues you are losing your shirts on the city's incompetence, refusal to fix roads, even patch them, my gosh, they are as bad this year as they were a year ago, but no outrage, no anger, just status quo. Downtown is toast, its history, just like the school system, and its getting worse. I can't believe how many are waiting for Middletown to turn around. Ohio is plummenting, the richest areas in Dayton (Kettering/ Oakwood), and yet proeprty owners think Dayton will meet Cincy at Middletown.

Madness is the only word to describe the city, its leadership, and its citizenry.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic