FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions And Answers With Leslie Ford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2009 at 2:51am
Try to keep up, Merrell.
Wink
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MerrellWood View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerrellWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2009 at 8:49am
Your right.....I need a laptop
Art of War View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Art of War Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 4:30am
Forget the cemetery....Councilwoman Ford sits on key boards that help people who are living so more people wont end up in the cemetery.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 6:50am
Ford nees to go, you will never bring this city back with thinking like this:

"I think we as a city need to be honest about who we are and where we are, economically. We are a working-class city with a lot of citizens that need assistance. I think that the section 8 program should remain in place, and that we should not reduce the number of vouchers issued. I think stereotypes about citizens receiving section 8 assistance are unfounded. This is a program that assists residents in becoming more self-sufficient. We need to stop worrying about our "image" and get to the business of helping those in need."

Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 7:05am
Art of War -

To say FORGET THE CEMETERY is to spit on the graves of the founders of Middletown, brave veterans of wars long past, business leaders, respected citizens that made this community a thriving place not too many years ago, etc.

I am a close personal friend of Vivian Moon and respect her numerous hours of unpaid volunteer service working to restore the Pioneer Cemetery.  In my humble opinion you need to consider retracting your statement.  You also need to take a few minutes of time to meet MISS VIVIAN in person.  I believe that you would find her to be someone with a track record of hard work and dedication to the betterment of the HISTORIC PIONEER CEMETERY as well as Ward 2 where she is a homeowner.

By the way, what can Ms. Ford share with us about multi-million dollar HUD plans to demolish large number of houses (locations), acquisition of foreclosed homes (locations and costs), and a number of other pertinent questions regarding the NON-TRANSPARENT operation of the CDBG, HOME and NEIGHBORHOOD STABILIZATION PROGRAM.  John Soppanish and other Ward 2 residents are seeking answers from One Donham Plaza.

Citizens Unite!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 7:24am
An incredible statement to make by Ford!!!! Forget image??? Be in the business of helping those in need??? Ford wants to continue to make this a welfare, hand-out, Section 8, slumtown with the populace having a "freebie" mentality. Apparently, her mission is to lower the status level, income level, educational level, job choice level, housing level, image level, and quality of life level of this town by dedicating this town to "helping those in need". Apparently, she would be content to have the whole town be comprised of Family Dollars, Dollar Generals, Thift Shops, Salvation Armys, flea markets, shabby single wide trailers and government subsidized low income housing units with junker cars, blinds hanging out the windows, graffitti written all over the buildings, trash everywhere, discarded furniture thrown in the front yard or stacked by the curb, refrigerators on the front porch and all the other pleasant stereotypical amenities attributed to this style of living. Is that what you really want Ford?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 7:52am
Art of War
I'm not sure why you have brought the cemetery into this conversation but I will respond...it is the obligation of the living to care for the dead.
We have 233 veterans who gave their lives for your freedom buried in this cemetery.
I'm glad to hear that Ms Ford sits on many boards that help the living.
I know of one of these boards that she sits on and 80% of their funds go to salaries and only 20% goes to those in need.
Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2009 at 10:56am
The next time that we vote for Mayor, elect MISS VIVIAN MOON!

She won't wear CHEERLEADER OUTFITS/WAVE POM-POMS at city council meetings!

She won't support the City Manager, etc. when EMERGENCY LEGISLATION is forced down the throats of us lowly citizens!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic