FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Those manhole covers and Courtis Fuller News 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 5:59am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Gee folks I have been stating the need to start petitioning to get some of these ordinances changed/Council People recalled etc. for some time and what does everyone say.......oh that is to much work we can't do that.....blahblahblah.  Amazing.

Pacman:

I recall your having suggested this, and I believe I responded with the requirements (number of signatures needed, timing in order NOT to necessitate the expense of being the sole issue, etc.) from the ORC, and suggested that this (2009) may not be the right time, only because our efforts might be better spent trying to field candidates to unseat current Ward Council members.

I am absolutely willing to work on such changes after we see the November results.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 6:16am
MadMom>    Just who are you calling a trouble maker? You know you might need the help from this board someday. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. If that corner where Daveys is, is so wonderful why dont you set up there? Maybe Young But Not Dumb could tell you some of ways the city mistreated her. Just think about it,if you think the city is so wonderful you need to see a head Dr.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 6:25am
Mike and I agreed that waiting until Novemebr passed to see how things shook out with Council was the way to go.  I have been talking about recall and Petition initiatives all the way back to when we were on the MJ site and back then got the same cool reception by most.
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 2:22pm
The scrap dealers know exactly what they are, most of them say "SEWER" on them! Contractors would not even scrap them, they would keep them in their pipe yard for future use on another job. Most are made by Neenah foundry and that is usually on there too. The real problem here is not the cost so much as safety and it allows water to get in the sewers, which could cause overflows or basement backups during heavy rains. They are pretty heavy too, lot of work for $10. The scrap dealer is a legalized fencing operation basically. Courtis is hardly a real go-getter jounalist, he hit the top a few years ago as the anchor now they have him covering missing sewer lids in the town formerly known as Middletown. I liked his laid back style when he was the anchor though, he could make a triple homicide in Northside sound like a church raffle.

By the way, what the heck happened to Davey"s? It seemed to close out of no where.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 5:00pm
Poor Curtis, its sad to see him covering Man Hole Covers instead of being anchor. He could help himself if he could apply journalistic skills and report on any of the numerous stories we have here.

Where is the SunCoke coverage? Why hasn't the govenor been interviewed about the biggest investment in Ohio? What about our Section 8 housing, surely there are a number of stories here. Where is the interview with our city manager? Why isn't she being featured in area news?

I can't blame this all on Curtis, its just a lack of journalistic skills in general that is missing from the Main Stream Media. Local news isn't really news at all anymore.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 5:32pm
John the MJ has all of this sitting in their backyard and they are past a sleep at the wheel, they are R.I.P.Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic