FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buckeye Institute on HighSpeed Rail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buckeye Institute on HighSpeed Rail
    Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 8:59am
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 11:54am
Thanks for that link Pacman. That confirms what I've been saying about this rail ordeal,it's a boondoggle. The wealthy politician and corporations playing again with our money,nothing more. But lets brainwash the folks and get them on board,WOO-WOO !! ALL ABOARD !!
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 1:18pm
As usual, there are two sides to every story. I am in no way a fan of the HSR proposal, but really must comment given the bias evident in the link.

There are those that think Gasoline must, and should,go way up in price. (There are the Environmental concerns to burning all the Gasoline and  the Trade balance to consider.) As the Price of Gas goes up, so does the viability, and need for High Speed Rail. I don't necessarily agree with that view, but feel the need to comment as the link was so very biased.

The one thing about Politics today that really sets me off is the proliferation of the "99% lie". Almost all political groups  today now think it is OK to say something when there might only be 1% truth to want they say and still claim it to true.

I found a lot of that in the link and really did not find it all that convincing, and I am not a fan of HSR. I am a middle of the roader that is tired of all the malarky from both ends of the political spectrum.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 2:15pm
You are exactly right this is nothing more than the other View, nothing more, nothing less.  It is the same with any program brought about by  the Government.  One side tells you how womderful it is going to be the othe tells you all of the opposing points.  the same thing happens in Middletown.  Just watch Rail is going to be the saving grace of Downtown, tourists to look at the multi-colored store fronts, and buy at the Pawn shops, etc. 

Middletown is going to turn into a tourists mecca will be the next because of rail.  In reality a few peopel will ride it to dayton or Cinci to go to work if the schedule is right. yeah the occasional rider will come in for the Balloon fFest if the schedule is right.  But does anyone other than the people at City hall really think rail is going to turn Middletown around.  If you do please enlighten us here as to why.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 2:56pm
Not me! I said I was no fan of HSR.

What will turn Midd around?  Nothing. I am just trying to promote a respectable "afterlife" for my hometown. Wasting money like they are now is going to make any afterlife be way less than "respectable". 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 5:21pm
As anyone can tell by my negativity I am against the proposed HSR. I don't believe for a second that gasoline prices or anything else will give people the incentive to "ride the rail". Now as an example maybe on a Sunday afternoon a family in Cincy might decide to take a trip and ride north,but only as a sight seeing adventure and if they can come back the same way at a similar and reasonable price. Business people might ride into Cincy or Hamilton on occassion.

But overall I see it as a boondoggle for a system gone wrong. Amtrak will be given $billions and the tax payer will pay for the rail for decades to come.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 6:00pm
Agreed Hermes.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 9:52am
Thanks for the link Pacman, very informative, fact filled and realistic view of any government program. Costs will be higher than estimated, just like every other government project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic